Page 136 of 585 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 5842
    I agree with you Chux - on all counts.

That's why, so far, I don't feel ripped off for ordering Starscream from Japan.

I still don't know how much that bird cost me though.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    DVD Prime is going to shelfwarm. Hard. It will only appeal to adults, and adults who frequent the toy aisle already knew about it and likely bought it when it was first released in 2004.

Just a thought. But, man, at $70, with no new potential buyers even aware of them, these things are going to rot. Sad, really, since it's still possibly the greatest action figure of all time.
    I hate to say it, but I really hope they do just so they'll go on clearence. If they drop to $50 or less I'll pick up a second one to repaint in a black-grey/silver paint scheme.
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

I assume that's a Nemesis Prime paint scheme? Where the heck does he come from as a character? I never remember him from the G1 afterschool cartoon.

Did someone make him up for some show or another so Hasbro could be aided with marketing more repaints?

The black Dodge Alternator Truck ought to have a new head sculpt and be put on in regular box stores as the movie version of Ironhide.

It's a good sculpt - why waste it on a non-traditional Prime or the Nemesis non-character? The exclusive only saw online and convention release. They could get away with putting this one in stores as Ironhide.

Besides, a lot of us are concerned we won't like toys made out of Bionicles, or else we'd all be posting in a Bionicle thread, wouldn't we?

BumbleBee can be a straight up Camaro Alternator.

Wheeljack can be re-deco'd and re-painted with a new headsculpt as Barricade.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Nemesis Prime was a Japanese character, I think. Not sure if he was toy-only or if he appeared in Headmasters.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how to get Headmasters in English? I've always wanted to watch it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Nemesis Prime was a Japanese character, I think. Not sure if he was toy-only or if he appeared in Headmasters.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how to get Headmasters in English? I've always wanted to watch it.
    Nemesis Prime debuted on American shores in Robots in Disguise and was originally known as "Black Battle Convoy" in Car Robots. It was, as far as I can remember, the first time a black repaint of Prime ever got showtime. He was so popular, he started popping up in show and non show references and has ever since. And will, probably, for some time to come. Whatever - I feel boring saying so, but I'm still seduced by this repaint everytime I see him.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I think I have access to the headmasters on DVD Chux, I will have to check this out over the weekend, if it's true I know we can work something out Isobars&
    Last edited by mabudonicus; 10-13-2006 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Isobars&
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Nemesis Prime debuted on American shores in Robots in Disguise and was originally known as "Black Battle Convoy" in Car Robots. It was, as far as I can remember, the first time a black repaint of Prime ever got showtime.
    That was Scourge, not Nemesis Prime, and he was just "Black Convoy". I think you're right about the first time a black repaint of Prime got showtime though, previously the Japanese had Big Black Convoy (awesome name) from Beast Wars Neo but I don't believe he was part of the show.

He was so popular, he started popping up in show and non show references and has ever since. And will, probably, for some time to come. Whatever - I feel boring saying so, but I'm still seduced by this repaint everytime I see him.
    The first US use of the name "Nemesis Prime" was in Armada, an avatar of Unicron if I remember correctly, not a major player. "Nemesis" has since been used for another Optimus Prime repaint, and for 2 other evil recolors, "Nemesis Breaker" in Cybertron and "Nemesis Strika" in TF:Universe - not always with a Unicron connection.

Scourge and Nemesis Prime both use black with teal accents, but Nemesis Prime adds tan and uses more red.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Haha. And Hasbro uses more and more b.s.

i found and bought all 4 of the Classics Deluxe toys today at TRU. $10.99 each in case anyone was wondering.

i deliberately opened Astrotrain first b/c of all the underwhelming reviews you guys have posted. i'd have to say that Bumblebee and Rodimus are my favorites. Starscream is okay but i prefer the TRU G1 reissue i have.

Points of information re: Nemesis Prime and Scourge

"Nemesis", in most cases, implies an unholy (usually if not always Unicron) influence, while "Scourge" is used to denote an otherwise fallen/failed Prime.

And, the first black recolor Prime to get air time was the recolor of Lio Convoy from BWII.

Classics at Target in Everett MA. It looks like that store is stopping Cybertron with a transitional refresher wave.

Oh, and I found GF Prime today.

Dom
    -2 more scouts and a store exclusive to go. Now feeling introspective about the hobby.