Page 139 of 595 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 5945
    I got the script to the Transformers movie. You guys might like this afterall.

I'll discuss it in the movies' "OTHER" forum, but I posted this here so that all Transformers fans will be advised. I'll use 'invisible' text when it comes to posting spoilers (so you'll highlight to read 'em if you want to).

It's good though. Some of my faith has been restored.

[JUST FOUND CLASSICS Update:

I saw most of the Classics tonight - the only one I haven't seen now is Optimus Prime. Tonight they had Starscream and Rodimus (the first time I'd seen either of them) and Astrotrain. I've seen BumbleBee and Megatron on other occasions, but they were sold out tonight.

I have to say that Starscream and Rodimus are really the 2 best ones. They looked incredible! Just that they were not in good enough scale to one another to make me want to buy them. Alternators and Master Pieces have spoiled me because they offer a perfect continuity in scale (I'll keep my fingers crossed that Starscream maintains this when he arrives). So I didn't buy the Classics tonight, but I did admire them.

Classic Starscream would be the perfect scale to go with Go-Bot cars or something (remember those?) Rodimus was only slightly smaller than Alternators. He was really tempting because I'm an old Hot Rod fan. These will be shipping for a while, so I'll have more opportunities to cave in.

Meanwhile, there was a Cybertron motorcycle, "Lugnuts" that actually looked pretty good and made me think he could work on the Alternators' scale. I almost bought him and I'll be seriously considering that - to bolster my Decepticon Forces.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

PICTURES OF THE MOVIE SNEAK PREVIEW FIGURES!

I have the script too, so I can explain these. Basically, the robots come as commet ships through space. They engage their transformation matrixes and "trans-scan" earth forms once they are here.

Optimus Prime will appear like this for maybe all of 30 seconds.

Starscream is actually NEVER seen this way in the script that I read. Hasbro has 13 robots to make for this film and at 4 different size and price ranges, that could be 52 figures. Add 13 more of these Cybertronian modes, and they could have 65!

Pick a size category now and save some money.

If you read my post above, I have the movie script - and dispite my earlier misgivings, it's actually awesome! I was really impressed. In the movie thread I've used text you have to highlight to discuss spoilers, who lives, dies, etc. and how you might obtain the script for yourselves.

Here's the sneak preview pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prime and Starscream carded.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	14691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prime closeup.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	14692   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cardbacks Prime Starscream.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	14693  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Here's a closeup of Starscream and the two enemies together: Starscream and Prime in pre-earth modes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starscream closeup.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	14694   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starscream and Prime loose.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	14695  

The spoilers that Tycho posted in the movie thread aren't enough to placate my reservations about this film.

as for the toys, what's with their being only 2 different colors on Prime and Starscream? and what is Starscream's vehicle mode supposed to be? it looks like a cross between Beast Machines Meg's head and a mutated cylon.

WEAK SPOILER WARNING: - This won't affect your appreciation or surprise with the movie when you finally see it, IMO of course. I'm only trying to explain the toys............The Transformers seem to travel in a mechanical cluster, like a commet-ship, actually quite logically like a miniature version of Cybertron which in this case is composed of 4 Autobot lifeforms, instead of billions (like the whole planet would be). When the "mothership" reaches earth, it splits into 4 smaller "commets" that help disguise the Autobots' landing. You never see the Decepticons' arrival like this. They are already here amongst us! Presumably, Starscream and the other "D's" arrived the same way though, as it seems to be a basic form most Transformers can take for space travel before their transformation matrix scans and engages with a local form on whatever planet their mission sees them occupying. This plot device could go a long ways to explaining Beast Wars or Dinobots and Insecticons, etc. should any of the live-action films take up those characters.

"Me Grimlock. Me big space rock." - see it even rhymes.

P.S. - I don't much care for these Alt modes, or even the robots' look and designs - especially Starscream whom Michael Bay's folks have just butchered by way of comparison to his traditional character's look. Maybe by the second movie he'll have reason to appear more "himself?" But the Decepticons never actually appear this way in the movie (though they would have "offscreen.") Grrrrr. Hasbro. "Please grab more money." - They'll sell though. I'm glad I bought up a lot of their stock. The movie debuts July 4th? Depending upon sales, perhaps I'll sell the stock when it's as high as it can reach by maybe this time next year - or partially into the Christmas 2007 season. To keep my capital gains low, I actually bought my shares last August I think. Should be the right timing to deal with this as Hasbro's share value depends on what Wal-Mart etc. buys of their toy assortments - not how much the average consumer (you) like what they offer. The company makes their money when Target and Toys R Us order.

Thanks, I'll be sticking with Classics (and Alternators, if they ever returns).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Thanks, I'll be sticking with Classics (and Alternators, if they ever returns).
    And Master Piece Editions

I can't bring myself to buy the Classics even though Rodimus is awesome and I really liked Starscream.

Does anyone have Cybertron Lugnutz (the motorcycle)? How is he?

Does he seem on scale to Alternators to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    ...it seems to be a basic form most Transformers can take for space travel before their transformation matrix scans and engages with a local form on whatever planet their mission sees them occupying. This plot device could go a long ways to explaining Beast Wars or Dinobots and Insecticons, etc. should any of the live-action films take up those characters.
    Well, that's pretty much the same idea from the Beast Wars cartoon, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for them.
    plasticfetish.net

Or we could go the Marvel route, and the Dinobots were disguised as dinosaurs by the Ark to combat Shockwave in The Savage Land. (That, even moreso than the Spider-Man crossover, makes it impossible to figure out early TF continuity without blowing up your head.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I loved the Ark and Teletran-One with it's probes.

"Explore....Explore.....Explore....Explore.... "