Page 141 of 581 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 5809
    In the universe of "broken continuities" that is Transformers, we've seen many types of Cybertronian aircraft - War Within Jetfire and BM Jetstorm, just to name a few. Well, the movie Megs and the "proto form" Screamer look nothing at all like any previous incarnations of cybertron aircraft. It's as if they went out of their way just to be different and i just wonder why since those designs are neither aesthetically pleasing nor very functional - they look like they can barely get off the ground.

They went their own way with Megatron's movie Cybertronian aircraft.

Starscream's proto-form is not a Cybertronian aircraft. It is a mini-Cybertron or commet form that the machines shape themselves into to travel through space. The smaller commets can attach themselves together to form a larger commet. However, in the movie, we only see 4 Autobots doing this, and the Decepticons are already on earth, having taken earth forms, by the time they are introduced (which for many of them - is ahead of the Autobots).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho, it's "comet".

Pics of Classics Jetfire without his helmet:
    http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid=138860&u=428
    http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=albu...ze=800&start=0

Head looks cool, body seems a little chunky, but I still dig.

New pics of Alt Ravage & Rumble:
    http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid=138255

Haaaaaate these things, man could they be any cheaper with the kibble everywhere???

Takara confirming MP-05 as Masterpiece Megatron:
    http://tformers.com/MP-05-WILL-BE-MA...6705/news.html
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Okay, color me stupid: there's a Masterpiece Prime, a Masterpiece Starscream, and now #5 is Masterpiece Megatron. Who are the other two?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

MP-02 was Ultra Magnus, a white repaint of MP-01. MP-03 is Starscream. MP-04 is Optimus again but with a trailer.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Okay, so there's still really only three. Hopefully MP06 will be a certain T-rex with a speech impediment.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I have not received my MP-03 Starscream yet, but I received a warning from a fellow collector on MySpace. He's 34 years old and presumably mature enough to play with his "collector" toys.

He said Takara used very cheap plastic, including cheap plastic on the pins that help Starscream's wings transform. One of his broke and the other shows signs of stress from only 2 transformations. He's very disgruntled to say the least, since getting this thing from Japan costs $97.12.

He recommends that while Starscream's engineering and design are super-cool, that one should make up their mind how they'll display him (jet or robot) and then very nearly permanently leave him in that mode. (Mine's going to robot mode when I get him).

The MySpace guy, "Dan" - his bulletin is posted about Starscream in the most popular Transformer group on MySpace (Mooncricket's - I've given you the link before JT) is writing a complaint to Tarkara. However, I have no idea how a foreign company will respond to customer service requests of this nature. With American Hasbro, it's a 50-50 crap shoot a lot of the time.

You also wonder, if Hasbro does release MP03 Starscream stateside (in which case they claim they want to repaint him the more traditional G1 colors), will they even insist on higher quality plastic? (I heard it's flimsier than MP01 Prime's - which is actually quite solid though) But given Hasbro's track record with the Episode One Battle Droid which they managed to manufacture WORSE every subsequent year they produced it, I'm not optimistic.

I still would swear by ordering Starscream (mind you I haven't gotten mine yet) - but this nearly Alt-sized fighter jet is a heck of a lot better than getting the off-scale Classic (in spite of how good it looks) which doesn't match up to other figures in its line (uh - a sports car is bigger than a fighter jet and so is a Nerf Gun? - and a bullet train is smaller than a Camarro....right)

OK - well we all know I'm an Alt-Freak, but I'd freak out if my $100 Starscream broke 2 minutes after I opened him, too.

Stand bye for further details when I get him.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    In the universe of "broken continuities" that is Transformers, we've seen many types of Cybertronian aircraft - War Within Jetfire and BM Jetstorm, just to name a few. Well, the movie Megs and the "proto form" Screamer look nothing at all like any previous incarnations of cybertron aircraft. It's as if they went out of their way just to be different and i just wonder why since those designs are neither aesthetically pleasing nor very functional - they look like they can barely get off the ground.

These are more landing forms more than anything else though.

And, other notes:

JT: Yes, you did tell me about Bumblebee being off-scale (at least I think it was you), but actually seeing it was jarring......... Ick.

And, Lugnutz is a great toy dangit. That toy is no worse than most Alternators in the kibble department.

Is Lugnutz older and I just saw one sitting? Or is he newer and likely that I'll find him again?

Would you display Lugnutz with Alternators or do you think they'll eventually do other motorcycles up to Alternators' level of detail?

I would not display Lugnutz with Alternators, as I do not display Alternators.

Seriously though, the toy has been around for a few months now. For your purposes though, you might want to wait for Hightail, and Autobot recolor of the same mold. As most Alternators are Autobots, Hightail would likely be more consitent with your display.