Page 143 of 591 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 5907
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Secondary jets: Ramjet, Dirge, and Thrust. Dirge and Thrust were just okay. Ramjet is cooler than Thundercracker.
    Ramjet was cool! Thrust really looked cool.

what about
    Buzzsaw - hardly ever featured in the cartoon,

Frenzy, - might be the name given the Soundwave character in the new movie - I'm "wait and see" with Frenzy. Because he's small, that's what prompted me to look at Lugnutz. But I'm buying a whole Honda to represent Rumble, so I may as well forget about having any Decepticons that are smaller unless there's a really cool Soundwave movie figure coming.

Kickback, Shrapnel, Bombshell - it's hard to say why futuristic, large and deadly robots, would disguise themselves as giant insects. They should have been the size of real insects and not really indulged the whole "size change thing." For espionage, I'd understand Insecticons. Wheeljack's excuse for the Dinobots was better.

Reflector, - was very cool. I'd like to see him again. But he'd need to be microscopic to be onscale with the Alternator line.

Scrapper, Scavenger, Hook, Mixmaster, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, - they should each be pretty huge - almost MPEs unto each individual themselves. Devastator could still be formed, but he'd be huge - we're talking a 24" robot, minimally! If they make a MPE Grimlock though, imagine how the two of them locked in combat would look! Oh - and I'd change the color to a more realistic "construction yellow and construction orange, with maybe MixMaster in white or something." It wouldn't make a uniform or pretty Devastator, but it might make him downright frightening!

Blitzwing, and Astrotrain - Blitzwing could be done as a MPE - but he'd need to Triple-Change. That'd be the best MPE right there!

Astrotrain would need to be at least the size of the Queen's Royal Starship to really work on a level I'd like to see him at. To form the train, he'd have to wrap up tight with no room for passengers. The shuttle could transport other Alternators or MPE's though (possibly). His robot would end up being very bulky and awkward, I think. I'd be really careful about expressing my desires for Astrotrain because I'm not likely to buy what they could cost-effectively wind up producing.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

you can preorder the Soundwave reissue at tru.com right now. it's due in stores in december

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    you can preorder the Soundwave reissue at tru.com right now. it's due in stores in december
    Thanks on behalf of those who want it. For me, to be Alternator scale, the whole thing would have to be the size of my fingernail and you'd transform him with a pair of tweezers.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Frenzy showed up several times in the G1 cartoon, but they inverted his and Rumble's colors from the toys. I suppose they cut Buzzsaw back to almost nothing since he'd be too easily confused with Las/zerbeak, since the animal cassettes didn't talk in the show.

In the comic, the Insecticons did shrink down to (almost) insect size, which made a lot more sense. Giant insects always did seem kinda silly, though the scene of Hot Rod running over Kickback made up for it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Display him in robot mode then! unless you're making dioramas, should you be that preoccupied with proper scaling in a toy line that has been notorious for taking liberties with scaling?

but Chux, they're robot insects and so they can be any size they like!

would anyone care to explain the logic behind hasbro making a $14.99 BW repaint Optimus Primal and Megs and also making a $39.99 TRU Exclusive set of the same figures but in a larger scale?

would anyone care to explain the logic behind hasbro making a $14.99 BW repaint Optimus Primal and Megs and also making a $39.99 TRU Exclusive set of the same figures but in a larger scale?
    The $15 BW figures are new molds meant for the Cybertron line but released first in Beast Wars 10th Anniversary packaging with a mini-comic and a mini version of each side's ship. The $40 2pack is also for the BW 10th anniversary, they're the recent Japanese versions of the original Beast Wars mega leaders which got retooled somewhat to be more show-accurate.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

are you sure about the new molds JT? b/c 10th anniversary Dinobot is, except for the colors, in every way identical to another BW Dinobot that i have. i sure wish they would've fixed up some of the kibble and made the raptor mode less "squat" (height and width not proportional) looking

JT means the Optimus Primal and Megatron figures.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

d'oh! that's right! i do have the $15 megs and he is a different mold than the original BW season 1 megs.

JT is never wrong...JT is never wrong

are you sure about the new molds JT? b/c 10th anniversary Dinobot is, except for the colors, in every way identical to another BW Dinobot that i have. i sure wish they would've fixed up some of the kibble and made the raptor mode less "squat" (height and width not proportional) looking
    I only meant the 3rd wave BW 10th Anniversary figures, the Megatron and Optimus Primal figures which you asked about, that's why I included your quote with my reply.

Yeah, I wish they had done new molds for all 6 of the wave 1 and 2 figures instead of just repainting them, that's why I didn't buy ANY of them.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.