Page 147 of 565 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 5648
    OK, this one's for Tycho. It's an ad for the very first Takara transforming gun toy from 1983, and it's still part of the Microman line at this point...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXjtvYwqRzY

BTW, and I'm sure that most of you know this, but the Japanese versions of these "Micro Change" gun toys also had little plastic bullets that really fired.
    plasticfetish.net

Thanks PF. That ad was fun.

I'm still concerned with how US and especially CA residents are going to get Megatron. If BBTC is in Indiana or somewhere else, and they won't import it, might as well forget about being able to have it shipped to California. CA has the strictist gun laws of all 50 states.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Well, like I mentioned over at af.com, it doesn't have anything to do with CA, it's a US Customs issue.

You never know though. Where there's a will there's a way... you may find someone that's willing to sneak them into the country.
    plasticfetish.net

Help me Osama Bin Decepticon - you're my only hope

I wonder if we'll be able to paint the orange tip? It may not take paint (some plastic is repellant).

How are paintball guns sold anyway? If you wanted to hurt someone with a paintball gun, you could (shoot them in the eye especially).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It's not a "hurt" issue, it's to do with kids not having realistic looking toy guns that'll get them killed by trigger happy cops. I'd bet that paintball guns, BB guns, etc. don't count as toys. (But I'm only guessing.)
    plasticfetish.net

I wonder if Megatron could be considered "not a toy" as he's a high-end "collectible?"

For that matter, the same could be said of Master Replicas prop guns.

Paintball guns and BB guns fall into the hands of kids all the time - that's a major market for that kind of product. Cops certainly would shoot children wielding those.

I'm not arguing with YOU PlasticFetish. I'm just aggravated. That's all. I may be liberal in many respects, but I'm very pro-2nd Ammendment in spite of Amish Schools and Columbine, etc.

I know you're not arguing with me... and honestly, I think the whole thing is a bit lame really, because the police still manage to shoot the ocassional kid inspite of the safetly laws. (It's not a 2nd amendment issue at all. Has nothing to do with the right to bear arms... lets not wander down that road.) I'd imagine things would be much worse though, if there weren't at least some kind of standards.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Will Takara still be able to ship it to me (in California) from Japan?

Or will one of "Arnold's men" stop me from having my package get through customs because they think I'm Osama Bin Decepticon?
    If it has an orange plug or an orange muzzle, it'll be legal to ship it here. If it doesn't, it could be tricky depending on how oversized it is.

Oh, like I said before - if I were a gang-banger or bank robber, whatever, I'd stick an orange cap in the end of my gun to pass it off as a toy until I needed to use it.
    Cops generally don't seem to care when it's an adult holding a realistic toy gun, the worry is that someone already did that, they shot a guy to death in his own home for brandishing a toy gun during his halloween party a couple years ago.

As I understand it though, you are robbing a bank even if you threaten the teller with a real squirt pistol. Proceedure is to give you the money (with an exploding ink bag probably) and if you squirt anyone, it counts as assault.
    You don't have to even have a gun, just suggesting you do is bad enough to get the book thrown at you.

However, I'm not sure if a cop would be cleared on a shooting if he blew away someone aiming a Nerf pistol at him.
    They have been pretty much every time. Of course, shooting little kids and unarmed adults does take its toll on all but the most hard-heartened police officers.

There's no reason to point ANYTHING at a police officer doing their duty - that includes real squirt pistols, super-soakers, and Nerf guns. If they're wearing a police uniform, you respect that. If they're wearing a swimsuit - you super-soak them (Bay Watch Patrol being the exception).
    The guy shot in his own home saw them at his window during the party and thought they were in halloween costumes.

Thanks for the link PF, not their finest work as a transforming bot or a commercial. (the first one, not the gun robo)

As I asked before - does boxing him in robot form get around the gun law?
    Not technically, but as a single-import item it could possibly get away with it.

And if they have to, could putting an orange cap in his barrel work around this issue, or will Takara rather surrender the market.
    If the blaze-orange plug is permanently affixed, it'd be legal here.

Isn't California (by itself) the 10th largest economy in the world?
    I've heard estimates as high as fifth, but the most current ones say eighth.

Seems a stupid idea since if China or somewhere else outranks CA, its citizens as a whole are less likely to be spending their money on Transformers (though the nation does have a life-sizes statue of Optimus Prime, so I could be wrong).
    It's marketed specifically to Japan.

1) kids not getting shot by cops for weilding Megatron.
    Kids have been shot for wielding toy guns at cops many times, even fairly recently, even with all the new laws.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    i bought the World's Smallest TF's Megatron i think last year but i guess since it's so small, it doesn't fall within those prop replica gun laws?
    Of course, it's small enough to be a GI Joe weapon, not believable as a full-sized replica handgun, not even a derringer.

PF, cool beans on the Microman Gun Robo commercial, awful music but cool commercial and a great toy. I wonder why they didn't show it firing its plastic bullets, all 4 of the Gun Robo figures did. That Browning is my favorite one of the Gun Robo, the Magnum was pretty good too, the Walther was their worst-looking bot but had the Man from UNCLE accessories so he got turned into Megatron.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Well, like I mentioned over at af.com, it doesn't have anything to do with CA, it's a US Customs issue.

You never know though. Where there's a will there's a way... you may find someone that's willing to sneak them into the country.
    That post deals with weapon replicas, if US customs or the state of CA determine that MP Megatron is a "toy" (which they likely will) then more regs come into play. Importing MP Megs won't be a problem, but Hasbro will be unlikely to marketing it here.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So to go in the opposite direction with this, what's to stop some psycho from putting some orange tape on a gun and then mowing down a lot of people?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    So to go in the opposite direction with this, what's to stop some psycho from putting some orange tape on a gun and then mowing down a lot of people?
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Cops generally don't seem to care when it's an adult holding a realistic toy gun, the worry is that someone already did that, they shot a guy to death in his own home for brandishing a toy gun during his halloween party a couple years ago
    Read all the lines Chux. JT had a nice and very thorough response.