Page 148 of 593 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 5925
    Thought you guys would like this video of Devastator in action (the Constructicons, not the tank from the new movie).

http://www.larsmartinsen.com/3d/3d_dev_movie.swf
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

i got my DVD Prime from HTS yesterday and i love it! i can see why Tycho gets so hyped about the MPE's!

btw, how do i know that link of devastator isn't some ploy to get us to see footage from the movie?

I just got my MP 04 Prime (w/ Trailer). It was way overpriced, considering I had to buy the guy all over again just to get the trailer, but MAN it looks awesome with the trailer too. I'm a fool, but I'm glad I bought it.

Also, has anyone mentioned that in the MP-04 release they changed the stickers for the screens on his wrist com? instead of Starscream and Bumblebee, it's Megatron and Grimlock. I thought that was cool.

As far as this Megatron import thing, I imported the re-release of Gun Megatron a couple of years ago and everyone said they were afraid of import issues and this was after 9/11, but I didn't have a problem at all. That said, no one's actually SEEN the toy yet, so the speculation is pointless. Further, I wouldn't be surprised if BBTS changes their position in the future - they would need to see it first anyway.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I just got my MP 04 Prime (w/ Trailer). It was way overpriced, considering I had to buy the guy all over again just to get the trailer, but MAN it looks awesome with the trailer too. I'm a fool, but I'm glad I bought it.
    I think some eBay sellers have the trailer and the MP 04 box without Prime for folks that want to complete their MP 01's only. I've been debating getting that. This kit goes for nearly $80 anyway. I'm just not apt to display him in truck mode that often, so I ask myself if it would really be worth it to me?

Also, has anyone mentioned that in the MP-04 release they changed the stickers for the screens on his wrist com? instead of Starscream and Bumblebee, it's Megatron and Grimlock. I thought that was cool.
    That's because the rumor is that MP 05 is Megatron and MP 06 is Grimlock. I don't know if we'll see an American release of MP 03 (Starscream - he's very fragile) but BumbleBee would really not make a good MP choice. He'd be best as a 2007 Camarro Alternator (as Volkswagon is out of the question for licensing reasons).

As far as this Megatron import thing, I imported the re-release of Gun Megatron a couple of years ago and everyone said they were afraid of import issues and this was after 9/11, but I didn't have a problem at all.
    That's very good news to hear!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Thought you guys would like this video of Devastator in action (the Constructicons, not the tank from the new movie).
    There is nobody in the new movie named "Devastator", they are as follows: Megatron, Starscream, Blackout, Barricade, Brawl, Bonecrusher, Scorponok, and Frenzy.

Chaddy, congrats on the Prime w/ trailer, but give more details, and how much did it cost?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    There is nobody in the new movie named "Devastator", they are as follows: Megatron, Starscream, Blackout, Barricade, Brawl, Bonecrusher, Scorponok, and Frenzy.
    That's good to hear. I hope it's true!

JT's post confirms that the script I read is a fake, as it has a character named Devastator. JT, what is your source for there being no Devastator?

The name changes don't confirm anything actually. It may or may not be a fake. But it could be the real thing, pre-name changes.

I'm writing a novel now that I had a great idea for but a very difficult time naming my characters for. Instead of wasting time not outlining a great story, I decided to just write it with "Tom, Dick, and Sally, etc." and then let the events in the story unfold to name my characters later on. At that point, I'll go in and edit all the name changes. MS Word has a search program I can use to get them all before I submit the manuscript. A draft script of something such as Transformers would likely have Optimus Prime in it anyway, but most of the Decepticons in the story are non-consequential (save for Megatron and Starscream) and thus if their names get changed, it really doesn't matter. A patrol car is Barricade or Brawl for exampe. Well, sure Brawl was the Combaticon tank in G1, and there is a tank in 2007, but at the end of the movie, it won't matter what his name is. Furthermore, there's never been a Decepticon patrol car in G1 so far as I recall - so that doesn't matter either. Finally, in the G1 cartoon, Brawl (the tank) was never a primed character. Swindle got the most personality written for him amongst the Combaticons.

But all this doesn't really matter in determining whether or not we have the real script. The Autobots are a lock, but the Decepticons can be easily changed.

The Autobot names can change just as easily. Aside from Optimus, and maybe Bumblebee, the names are not even idiomatic re-uses. They are the same characters as much as any name re-use (Shockwave or Tankor being used on Minicons for example) is. Jazz could be Sideswipe or Wheeljack for all anyone cares. Starscream is only Starscream because the name says so. There is no character based reason.

I read a document purporting to be the script. My guess is that it was a fake, written by someone very clever, very creative, and possessed of a devilishly funny sense of humor.

At least, it damned well better be a fake written for the sake of a joke. .

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    That's good to hear. I hope it's true!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme View Post
    JT's post confirms that the script I read is a fake, as it has a character named Devastator. JT, what is your source for there being no Devastator?
    From screenwriters Alex Kurtzman's and Roberto Orci's Q&A: http://tformers.com/TF-Screenwriters...6427/news.html

The original source material: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transformers.html

It's still possible the script you guys have is not fake, and they were using names that were changed, since Soundwave was confirmed to be changed to Frenzy and Blackout was originally Incinerator.

I suspect the script out there is fake though, there would be more chatter if it were not, and it's pretty early to have their movie revealed publically - against their will or not, they'd be freaking.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.