Page 153 of 566 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 5655
    A couple of years ago I broke my G1 Mirage on accident. I had turned his torso too many times, I guess because he broke at that little point. I'm dissapointed in the look of this new version, I was really hoping he'd be closer to the G1 look.

I'd replace the G1 Mirage if you keep G1 Transformers around. EBay I guess. But I always liked him and it would seem to be more worth your while than what you'd spend on some of the new figures (exceptions made for the cool ones).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

That G1 plastic gets brittle and breaks easily after this much time, it's a real shame. I don't believe Takara or Hasbro have ever reissued Mirage in all their last few years of reissuing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That G1 plastic gets brittle and breaks easily after this much time, it's a real shame. I don't believe Takara or Hasbro have ever reissued Mirage in all their last few years of reissuing.
    What's pathetic is that Takara issued Masterpiece Starscream as molded in worse quality plastic. As I mentioned, mine is perfect, but I'm not likely to transform him back into a jet again in my lifetime!

If they repaint him as Thundercracker or Skywarp, I might go for that (terrible, feeding money into something that's constructed like crap even if the engineering is ingenious) but I'll leave the other planes in their jet forms or something. Besides, I'm not likely to get new headsculpts on either of those two if they do go there. To be honest, I don't think the cartoon and certainly not the G1 toys gave us anything of the sort. Skywarp and Thundercracker had the same head and face as Starscream unfortunately. The original designers surely had no idea there'd be a cartoon or that Starscream would become such a breakout, popular character.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I do not know how much the movie will poison the franchise. After all, TF survived the original movie. But, no way will it help the franchise.

And, yes, while Classics Starscream is better than the old one, is that really saying much?

New pics of MP Megatron:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=115773

Wow! Megs is as big as Prime, that's fantatic! The limbs look awful thin though, but it's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme View Post
    I do not know how much the movie will poison the franchise. After all, TF survived the original movie. But, no way will it help the franchise.
    I dunno if it survived the movie intact, that began a serious downhill slide for TFs that bottomed out in no toys at all a few small stretches between G1 and G2 and then G2 and Machine Wars.

And, yes, while Classics Starscream is better than the old one, is that really saying much?
    I dunno, I never had G1 Screamer. I know there's a recent figure that had its nosecone hanging off the back of its head like this, but I can't remember what it was. It's certainly not something I'd encourage them to do, but given the choice between this and the fold-back cone, I'll take the newer idea for sure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Classics Jetfire is out.

How do I know?

He's sitting in the next room.

Why is he not opened?

Because Grimlock is!

ME GRIMLOCK!!!

I have to say, I've never admitted defeat on any Transformer before. I couldn't figure out Grimlock's arms, and the instructions make little sense. I finally figured that he's the one TF Classic (so far) that I want to display in alt mode, so I changed him back.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

New pics of MP Megatron:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=115773

Wow! Megs is as big as Prime, that's fantatic! The limbs look awful thin though, but it's a start.
    I don't know if I'll buy this. The other thing I noticed is that Megatron requires two (2) support stands - one on that giant scope of an arm-cannon. Do you guys see that?

The other thing is that this figure is not the final painted version (I hope) and I'm waiting for closer pictures and such.

I dunno, I never had G1 Screamer.

The same thing as G1 Skywarp, Thundercracker, Thrust, Ramjet, and Dirge.

I know there's a recent figure that had its nosecone hanging off the back of its head like this, but I can't remember what it was.
    Though you didn't have to, the instructions showed you transformed G1 Ramjet that way (I think).

I don't think so either. He was one of the two I was waiting for when they were doing all the reissues with Toys R Us. The other one they are making soon (soundwave) but I'm still waiting on my Mirage dang it!

As far as the Starscream reissues go, I have an older one in the package and I have the new classics one in the package. Yes, I'm one of those horrible people that doesn't open all their toys. My roomate opened the new classics Starscream of his and the nosecone does hang off the back, but it isn't as bad as you'd think it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Though you didn't have to, the instructions showed you transformed G1 Ramjet that way (I think).
    Yeah, that was technically the "right" way to do it. Thrust, Ramjet, and Dirge all had instructions to transform them identically to the first-generation jets, except with the wings facing the opposite direction. The cartoon and comic book showed them with cones pointing upward, which was possible with the toys.

I opened Jetfire, and he is MARVELOUS! I think he has beaten the nearly-tied Bumblebee and Hot Rodimus as the best Classics figure yet. Articulation is quite nice, the armor is a great touch (and homage to the original), and transformation is not impossible. I have him displayed in full armor (though with shoulder cannons retracted, to more closely resemble the "real" Jetfire), and he's freaking sweet. I may like Grimlock a few million times better as a character, but Jetfire is the greater of the two figures by a massively long shot.

So we have so far:

Astrotrain
    Starscream
    Megatron
    Optimus Prime
    Bumblebee
    Hot Rodimus
    Grimlock
    Mirage
    Jetfire
    Optimus Prime vs Megatron 2-pack

And, forthcoming:
    Ramjet
    Cliffjumper
    Ultra Magnus vs Skywarp
    Devastator (though not entirely accurate, as he's five pieces, and he's missing Mixmaster and Hook in favor of some loser fill-in named "Hightower")

I'm not counting mini-figures and those other "Mini" characters who shall remain nameless lest I go into a tirade.

Am I missing any other rumored or confirmed figures?
    Tommy, close your eyes.