Page 155 of 566 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 5656
    My MySpace TF Group has turned up pictures of transforming cameras, PS1 controllers, and cell phones. I posted the alt forms here. To see .gifs of these moving and transforming, go to:

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...9765D831492986

I think the could be from the movie (non characters, given the Spark, as a result of a misfire from The Matrix - well they call it an energon cube in the script I read). In any event, all 3 of these items have microchip technology. It could allow a Maximum Overdrive scenerio. You won't see an iron or a charcoal grill suddenly attack in the movie. But the script did describe a plasma television suddenly attacking someone in Target in the storyline I read. That could be scary because I once had a plasma television take nearly everything I had in my wallet while I was at Frey's. It's still around here, stalking me, and often holds me hostage in my living room, forcing me to watch the movies I post about here in the forums.

Anyway, I have a finished shot of the CGI Scorponok with the actors in the opening scene of the movie, which I'll post in the movie thread. (TV / Movies / Other Non-Star Wars)

Here's the Alt modes for the new toy pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	14799   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psp1.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	14800   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reflect.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	14801  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

I picked up the Classics Optimus vs Megatron 2pack at TRU yesterday.
    My roomate picked one of these the other day. I thought this set was totally pointless just looking at the pictures on Tformers.com. That truck mode is pretty aweful, but I do like the fact that Prime is a mobile gun platform.

Out of the two figures, I'll have to who with Megatron as being the better of the two. Still, I'll be glad to pass this one up.

A couple things I meant to mention about the Classics Op vs Megs 2pack: both figures are on the small side of the regular deluxe size. Op's gun has a powerlinx peg (standard 5mm peg with a hole in the center), which means you can attach it to any minicon figure. Also, Megs' right hand - the gun antihand - is removable, it's a 5mm peg but a hair too large to safely fit most pegholes, still I did get it to work with some and you could track down a new fist from another figure and customize it to fit here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenric78 View Post
    My roomate picked one of these the other day. I thought this set was totally pointless just looking at the pictures on Tformers.com. That truck mode is pretty aweful, but I do like the fact that Prime is a mobile gun platform.

Out of the two figures, I'll have to who with Megatron as being the better of the two. Still, I'll be glad to pass this one up.
    I'll be honest, Optimus makes a fairly good robot, it's just too bad they cheaped out on paint, sculpting, and alt mode. I know my comments are on the negative side, but a "C" really is a passing grade and I am glad I have the set, yet at the same time I cannot fault you for passing on this one.

- -

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    My MySpace TF Group has turned up pictures of transforming cameras, PS1 controllers, and cell phones. I posted the alt forms here. I think the could be from the movie (non characters, given the Spark, as a result of a misfire from The Matrix - well they call it an energon cube in the script I read).
    Yeah, we saw these a couple months ago, they're images taken from the Japanese patent office, they were filed exactly when the Classics figures were, there were no movie figures at the time, so my guess is either TakaraTomy is planning more classics (I hope that's the case) or it's for an unrelated line, but I really doubt it's for the movie since there are no references to these guys anywhere in the scripts. A photo of a test-shot version has just come up recently, nothing new to see though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, they aren't characters - they're just zombie-type Transformers that come to life when they've given "the Spark." Maybe the Plasma Television that attacks someone will be called "YouTube." Hahaha.

But no -they're not distinct personalities like Ironhide is.

So they might be from the movie, they might not. I don't see how something that is not a Cybertronian organism can use their parts to perfectly transform like that though. It might be another lame idea for the movie.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    It might be another lame idea for the movie.
    Bringing the total to 4,874 lame ideas, one good idea.

(Have to give them credit for casting Peter Cullen over George Clooney or Tom Hanks.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I will say one thing about the script - it's an early draft and they had plenty of time to make significant changes to it before shooting began, and they're likely to have made changes during production as well. It's by no means a final picture of what the movie will be. Where the changes will go, however, is anyone's guess. You've got the sensibilities of Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay - two directors who couldn't me more dissimilar. So, find whatever measure of hope you need in that.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

What about the product placement though? I was given to understand that is usually done pretty late in the game.

And, that script would have to be completely rewritten to yield a good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme View Post
    What about the product placement though? I was given to understand that is usually done pretty late in the game.

And, that script would have to be completely rewritten to yield a good movie.
    Product placement happens throughout the process. Some producers try and get them involved in the beginning to cut the budget and try to incorporate it seamlessly into the creative effort (but, as nice as that sounds, it often gives advertisers more power and influence than you'd like too early in the game). Some producers involve product placement very late in the game, but have place holders for where they'd like to use it and select their partners based on how they fit with those plans (another nice idea, often problematic because advertisers don't like paying for stuff when they feel they have no control over it). Ultimately, it's fluid. In fact, general rule of movie making: there are no rules, only "the way they did it before" and "the way we're doing it now."

And yes, I agree, the script is awfully weak ("awfully" being the key word), but I've seen amazingly good solutions to problems come out of tweaks to a few key scenes, or a really smart dialogue pass. But that doesn't often help the structural problems and I feel like our waiting half the movie to see the Transformers doesn't pay off enough for me to think it was worth it.

I was thinking about it, and the major theme of this movie should be "More Than Meets The Eye". Obviously, the Transformers have multiple modes. But Spike/Sam has a hero inside him, his girl buddy isn't just a pretty face, Spike's great grandfather didn't lose his mind...etc. It we were to go with that as the theme, they could really strengthen it with one or two powerful speeches about seeing more than what's on the surface. And then, most importantly, get rid of the military-in-the-desert plot point entirely. That can just go. It's so pointless and boring.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I don't mind the military in the desert sequence.

SPOILER WARNING...........SPOILER WARNING..............SPOILER WARNING

I don't know Starscreams involved in it. As far as I read it's Blackout, Scorponok, and maybe Soundwave.

But I'd make it R-rated for its violence content and have Scorponok shredding soldiers into bloody chopped meat, ala Saving Private Ryan, with "Instruments of Destruction" (from the '86 Soundtrack) playing as background ambience. This would really establish the threat portrayed by the Decepticons. Starscream will make his entrance as the soldiers try to flee - he guns them down from the air, kills everyone (but we know Josh Dumahl's character gets away somehow, with a wounded Tyrese Gibson), and then Starscream transforms and personally commands the mission (to get access to the military's computer files on the location of Megatron).*

Of course this makes sense only if Starscream has some plot to leave Megatron incapacitated as he found him, and rule over the Decepticons himself, once he determines the location of (I want to call it) the Matrix (because what they're after better not be called the Energon Cube unless Michael Bay wants to demonstrate he can't even establish a first grader's level of understanding of an after-school cartoon show. Though that may be the actual case, here.)

*So we don't wait until halfway through the movie to see the Transformers at all - they'll start to appear in the first 5 minutes I'd bet. It's the Autobots who show up late (aside from BumbleBee). But I do like your theme idea Chaddymac.

No Grimlock but...

Transformers Classics Mirage - one of the figures I've been anticipating most. I love how the vehicle mode looks, very much a Formula racing car but just futuristic enough to be TF. The first thing I noticed out of the package was that the spoiler was adjustable in vehicle mode, nice. Transformation is good, but the instructions are anti-helpful for part of it. Robot mode isn't much like the G1 figure, but is amazingly cool, unusual, sleek and spindly yet not gappy, and he's very nicely articulated. His weapon isn't much, but it stows nicely on his back. I'm still checking him out, so my ultra-early Grade: A-
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.