Page 159 of 595 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 5945
    Putting aside my misgivings about the movie, the toys are not that bad looking. I think back to Armada, and how people complained. Many of the toys where objectively good, and the fans came around. I am looking forward to grabbing a Barricade and Brawl, and yes, Bumblebee. And, will review them as is fit. But, I will fiddle with them a bit first.

I do agree though, with the idea that Hasbro does not seem to be trying as hard as one might hope. As a whole, the movie venture is likely to be one of the biggest lost opportunities for the franchise, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    I know it's too early to judge, but I'm not terribly excited (though it would take a brick of C-4 at this point) by the movie line. If those are "test shots" though, the paint may change. (Though test shots wouldn't be painted at all, so those are production samples maybe?)

Just the same... YAWN! I didn't know what to expect from Hasbro with this line, but it looks like they're not trying too terribly hard. Wonder if they think they can get away with a ho-hum line because it has a movie tie-in.

That reminds me, I was looking at pics of Diaclones, and noticed/remembered how "Skids" came with a mini vehicle (a scooter.)

I found Classics Grimlock and Jetfire today at a Target. Jetfire looks awesome, i like how his helmet can be removed. Nice figure. Grimlock looks cool too, aside from the peg on his back that holds his "guardian blaster." Good haul today, as i didnt go in to the store expecting to see either of these two.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Picked these up at TRU last night, I've kinda run out of time for now so I'll just do preliminary comments...

Transformers Classics Dinobot Minicon Team
    - decent minicon set, each figure has something clever going on which I like, even if none of the figures are perfect. Even better, each one has a transformation scheme like I've never seen before in any Transformer, so that's nifty. Prelim Grade: B

Transformers Classics Destruction Minicon Team - a tank with 2 construction vehicles is silly, but taking the team aspect out it's an ok set. Each has a unique tranformation aspect, but the tank guy while interesting is also bizarre and can barely stand. I do like the dump truck guy though. Prelim Grade: C+

Transformers Classics Jetfire - among the top entries in this short line, Jetfire has a lot of toy to offer even if he's not totally perfect. The homage is fantastic but he's also cool on his own. Removable armor is great, FASTpacks and the removable helmet work just right. Great fig overall, the only things holding it back are the exposed fists in vehicle mode, a lack of bicep and thigh swivels, and the cockpit front of the bot chest not locking into place. Very very cool though. Prelim Grade: A-

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    The fact that Bumblebee doesn't have actual windows astounds me. I'm given hope only by what they said at Botcon. Because I've always been a fan of the movie designs.
    I can accept that Bumblebee doesn't have clear windows, but really, ultra-metallic blue?!? That's just stupid, paint 'em glossy black and move on, don't pull crap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom
    I think back to Armada, and how people complained. Many of the toys where objectively good, and the fans came around.
    Not really, the early comments on Armada were Hot Shot, Demolishor, Cyclonus, Role-play Laserbeak, Red Alert, Starscream, Megatron, and Optimus. Half of those entries do not hold up today and deserve the scorn they initially received, Hot Shot and Cyclonus in particular are savage disappointments. It's the line's later entries that salvaged any minor place it has in TF collecting, and the general concensus on the line is still quite unfavorable.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Saw Classics Jetfire and Grimlock at Target last night. Came very close to picking one of them up, but I held off. I'm liking this classics line... just not sure I need to be spending money on Transformers right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'm not seeing the mini vehicle in the video you linked.
    I know... I looked again and noticed that it wasn't even in there. So I did something that I'm not likely to do very often. I flat scanned from my precious vintage Takara Toys book. (Images below. You can see the scooter, and a Diaclone driver riding on it.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diac_cityR_01.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	14843   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diac_cityR_02.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	14844  
    plasticfetish.net

I looked at a lot of pictures of Alternator Ravage that I'd never seen before over at TFW2005 or whatever the site is called. He's coming along nicely. Forum members there and myself are still hoping they do a little more to clean up the kibble. A cat is a much harder form to sculpt out of a car. But I'm excited about him and Rumble.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yes. I'm thinking it over.

I don't like handguns that are bigger than semi-trucks any longer. Tradition be damned.

If I do go for it, I want to be prepared to sacrafice $100 for nothing, because I don't want an orange tip added to my gun barrel.

BBTS is a retailer that has to import a lot of these and it'd be taking thousands of dollars in losses if they have trouble with customs.

I could only lose $100. I might take my chances.

Again, I'm in no hurry to order this one, as it's a Transformer, but it transforms into a huge gun (comparable to my other Transformers).

I'm very picky as I wasn't going to collect these at all, but SideSwipe and MPE Prime talked me into it, and I've bought a very select 10 or so thus far.

A MPE Megatron as a Cybertronian Jet or a Tank, or Humvee, would please me most.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Transformers Classics Jetfire - Great fig overall, the only things holding it back are the exposed fists in vehicle mode, a lack of bicep and thigh swivels, and the cockpit front of the bot chest not locking into place. Prelim Grade: A-
    Funny, mine didn't have a problem with the cockpit locking in place. You're only the second person I know to have picked him up, though, so I'm not sure which of us has a fluke.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Saw Classics Jetfire and Grimlock at Target last night. Came very close to picking one of them up, but I held off. I'm liking this classics line... just not sure I need to be spending money on Transformers right now.
    You made the wrong choice passing up Jetfire!!!

I know... I looked again and noticed that it wasn't even in there. So I did something that I'm not likely to do very often. I flat scanned from my precious vintage Takara Toys book. (Images below. You can see the scooter, and a Diaclone driver riding on it.)
    Ah, that explains it. Thanks for the scan, Very cool! Hasbro should have brought the scooter to the US, called it "Roller Jr" or something. BTW, if you have a digital camera, photographing books is better than scanning for these purposes, not only will you not risk busting the spine but you won't get as much moire pattern.

Yeah, I seen that BBTS thing, I'm still mulling it over, $100 feels too steep for this mold but I am tempted, I may try to pick one up from a different importer who isn't going to foul it with blaze orange paint or plugs. I am not put off by it being an oversized gun, I can think of it as sized for a real-life Transformer - no way in hell Starscream would be able to wield a real Walther P38, not even with 1 finger.

That's weird Chux, I don't even see HOW yours could lock into place.

Did anybody notice that Jetfire has a tiny instrument panel in the cockpit just behind the hinge at the front? Great addition!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I finally found and picked up Classics Mirage from TRU. and for only $9.99 too! it wouldn't scan and so the cashier had someone bring a TF Cybertron sticker to scan. that someone was actually a local scalper's (dirty sanchez) inside man and so i wasn't sorry at all for their mistake.