Page 163 of 591 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 5908
    Why the hubbub about the trailer? We have the script, and we know the movie will be awful.

The idea of DC + TF is no worse than TF + Marvel. As for the timing, DC was at its best post CoIE, but pre-Zero Hour. Post Zero Hour, DC started getting a bit too pretentious, and their indecision became structural more than accidental.

I stand by the name "Strongarm" for a police car. Factions be damned. But, yes, the arm engineering in this case is troublesome.

Dom
    -hunkering down to wait for OTFCC Astrotrain to get here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I'll tell you in about 7 more hours if we'll need a Michael Bay punching bag product.
    And now I can say for sure that we do: http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/transformers/

I hate this type of rapid-fire cutting, this one goes by so fast it's like a seizure-inducing strobe light. The glimpses we get seem very CG and very expensive, but somehow very bland and not very Transformers. I suspect the fan base will go nuts for it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom
    I stand by the name "Strongarm" for a police car. Factions be damned.
    That's a negative connotation, police who strongarm are bad cops, those kinds of tactics get cases thrown out, freeing evildoers because bad cops violated the law - it ultimately does nobody any good, fine for a Decepticon but hard to swallow for an Autobot.

How much is the Club Astrotrain costing Dom?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    And now I can say for sure that we do: http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/transformers/

I hate this type of rapid-fire cutting, this one goes by so fast it's like a seizure-inducing strobe light. The glimpses we get seem very CG and very expensive, but somehow very bland and not very Transformers. I suspect the fan base will go nuts for it anyway.
    My take on it:

It looks like an awesome robot invasion movie, but not a Transformers movie per se. There are obvious elements - Optimus Prime was recognizeable - and huge. That was BumbleBee and Ratchet pulling up to him as he transformed.
    Their cars were miniscule next to his Autobot form.

The trailer lacked any Transformer voice talent speaking, like Peter Cullen, who they could have at least had a voice-over for the trailer done with.

I take it (from the script) that "the thing" getting out of the pool by the little girl was Ironhide. I need to pause it, but I'm like: WTF?! And since Cullen was the original voice of Ironhide - another missed opportunity for a voice in there, though as far as I remember, at this early juncture, they (SPOILER NOT REVEALED - but most of you guys read that comedy stunt).

The attack in Qatar looks to be very violent and very bloody. That's cool if you ask me. It's time to stop having Decepticons be "Nice Guys" by shooting everything and not killing anybody (or hitting anyone mortally for that matter save for a 1986 toy commercial movie). Michael Bay does not include Rodimus, so be thankful for small favors.

As a trailer goes, I still wanted more. But this is shaping up to be a very unique movie I'll go see as soon as I can. The realism is something I always wanted out of a Transformers movie.

By the way, there's no way in hell they'll make accurate toys out of these 'Bot-Cons'.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

US trailer is up, in WMV and Quicktime, Quicktime also is offered in large HD formats (which my system doesn't have enough v-ram to play smoothly ), it's the same trailer as the link above but bigger: http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transformers.html

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

How much is the Club Astrotrain costing Dom?

I do not want to talk about it. Nah, seriously, just shy of 90 dollars. My source is not marking it up on me. I still need to register for the club though, and for the con. I just ordered the Astrotrain earlier to ensure I got one. Right now, I have some real life expenses to worry about.

And for all of the stuff that will go wrong with the movies, voice talent is the least of our worries.

Wow, that's some serious coin for a delayed Armada remold! What's the interest factor for you?

if i see that trailer in the theaters, i'll definitely boo. heck, i'm doing it right now at home.

i hate the Strokes and so i'm even booing Spike's strokes t-shirt.

It's an interesting idea, but he's so leggy that I'd rather see them just try again, something more in line with the Classics motif. They've proved themselves quite capable on this line and I think they could do Wheeljack all new with great success.
    My worry is that everything we've seen for Classics so far is pretty much all we're going to get, at least until Hasbro decides if they want to keep Classics going. If they do, I get the feeling it's going to be all repaints and tooling tweaks until Hasbro figures out what they want to do with the line (probably after the movie line slows down). I'd love a new Wheeljack too, but I'll take a slightly improved Energon Downshift if it means no other Wheeljack at all. I guess I'm looking at Classics, at least in the short term, as a chance for Hasbro to do the Universe thing "right." Comb through the last few years of stuff, pick out what looks like it fits together, tweak where you can (like dropping/retooling gimmicks, new heads, new weapons, etc.), and break out some fresh paint schemes.

I mangaged to win an Energon Downshift the other day for one cent. The guy charged me $9 to ship it for some reason, but I still feel like I got a nice deal. I've had him for a day now, and I think he's great. The car's design is one of my favorites of the last few years, with a wedge shape and lines that remind me of an update of an '80's sports car, allowing him to fit in nicely with the other Classics cars. The wide tires are fantastic and help accentuate the car's aggressive stance, something lacking in Hot Rod's design (those skinny wheels and tires don't cut it). In bot mode, he's all Wheeljack. The legs really aren't all that bad, and the powerlinx gimmick is nicely hidden. The legs remind me of Alt. Prowl's in that they'd probably be more effective if the backs were made to be the fronts. I did the leg swapping mod on Prowl's legs when I first got him, and it made all the difference in the world. Too bad Downshift doesn't have a swiveling waist/pelvis, or else I'd do the same thing for him. He looks ok as is though. One thing I really like, something I haven't seen in pictures online, are the weapon mounting ports on the outsides of the shoulders. With the rocket launcher on either shoulder, he looks quite a bit like the G1 cartoon version of Wheeljack. By the way, Hasbro needs to get back into shoulder rockets. They've been missing from Transformers for far too long.

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask for a while, and keep forgetting. But now I remember, so I'm asking.

Does anyone know the reason Alternator Camshaft is so incredibly rare?

I actually saw him once, several weeks (maybe months) back. I passed, as I've had no trouble finding any Alternators before, and didn't have the cash on me. He was gone the next day, and I've never seen him again--even though the store has, since then, restocked a few dozen Alternators.

What gives?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think Camshaft was renamed either Swerve of Windcharger. Not sure though.

As for Astrotrain, I like the mold enough that I will suffer Brian Savage's club. Hopefully, it will not get much context.