Page 165 of 591 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 5907
    To make the movie Transformers accurately, yes, not only would die-cast be great, but a very large 20" Transformer might be necessary for each toy (larger yet for the bigger characters).

That being said, maybe Master Replicas or Takara-proper could handle these robots and sell them direct or through their distributors and just pay off Hasbro since they'd cost like $100+ each and wouldn't do for Hasbro's mass-market retail approach. (Target or Wal-Mart would probably not carry a $100 B-character like Ironhide, while Starscream might cost $200 if seriously done right and made to work as seen in the movie. Heck BumbleBee looks really complicated! And if I dare call Ironhide a "b-character," Blackout or whatever the chopper will finally be called is a "D-character.") I'd love to see them (and would pay for them) being done Masterpiece Quality or better. But I don't have my hopes up.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    That being said, maybe Master Replicas or Takara-proper could handle these robots and sell them direct or through their distributors and just pay off Hasbro since they'd cost like $100+ each and wouldn't do for Hasbro's mass-market retail approach.
    I don't think they'd need to be $100 toys... don't think it needs to be Master Replicas either, but a more Takara-esque approach would be nice. I'm still thinking back to the RID line, which aside from a few problems (rubber tires and chrome that fell apart over time), was a very cool angle. If they pushed the idea a little further, and maybe played up the detail thing... it makes for better play value I think. The toys wouldn't need to be more that $30. No more that Alternators...
    plasticfetish.net

Movie Barricade, with and without his minicon-type guy in his chest:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=118550

Hasbro photos of Alternators Ravage:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=118671
    Mucho stinko!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I wish they'd photo'd Barricade next to an Alternator so we could get an idea of the size comparison for those of us who don't collect the Classics. Barricade looks a little better to me than the photos I'd seen before. But we're still dealing with plastic tires, etc. And Soundwave or whomever attaches to him looks like crap.

As to Alternator Ravage? He's pretty cool in my opinion. I'll be buying this one.

Don't say he stinks and then go buy Mini-Cons and Cybertron-line toys, guys.

Ravage is cool. When do you think he and Rumble will hit the stores? Will they ship together? I haven't been in a toy isle since the 24th (because I had to go to Wally's out of necessity and curiousity).

I may make a trip sometime in the next 24 hours and report in the LA Area forums if there's anything to report afterall.

I honestly don't expect to find these Alternators any time too soon.

When can you order Masterpiece Megatron, (as an in-stock item from Japan, not an add-an-orange from a US re-retailer) does anyone know?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

So which lines of TF's does Tycho collect anyhow?

i can't buy Cybertron toys even if i wanted as the supply has really dried up around here. TRU has a buy 2 get 1 free offer on TF's and there isn't anything worth buying...not even any of the Beast Wars repaints are on the shelves

That Ravage looks terrible in robot mode. i'll stick to my Energon version.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    You know, we saw a movie Christmas eve (Night at the Museum... very good BTW), and they played the trailer for the TF movie. I've got to admit, it looked pretty awesome. The bot designs are going to p*** all of the "hard core" G1 fans off, but in this day and age, when they can render extremely complex mechanical figures with CG, I really can't see them going any other way.

In short, it looks great on the big screen, and everyone should hold off on passing judgement until they've had a chance to see it that way.

Now... with that said, I'm even less interested in the toy line at this point. Knowing Hasbro, they'll fail miserably when it comes to emulating the style and complexity of the mecha from this movie.

What purpose does seeing the movie on screen have? It will be terrible. I have read the script, and the draft I read seems to be a pretty late product, meaning.......it will be a bad movie. (I actually thought the script I read was a hoax before Chaddy and others confirmed otherwise, as it is just that bad.)

The toys do not look that bad though. That much, and overly maligned, tank is really just a standard deluxe. I say wait to see that before we pass judgement. I am not saying that I plan for it to be the best toy ever, but there is no reason to hate that tank yet. And, Barricade looks pretty good, even if the lil' henchman is lackluster.

It occurs to me why I like Alternator Ravage: he reminds me of Black Lion from the Voltron team. Doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I wish they'd photo'd Barricade next to an Alternator so we could get an idea of the size comparison for those of us who don't collect the Classics.
    In the comparison shots, it looks like another short-lookin' deluxe.

Don't say he stinks and then go buy Mini-Cons and Cybertron-line toys, guys.
    Hey, don't blame us because you have bad taste and refuse to buy cool toys. Ravage sucks out loud.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Haw! That was awesome, the new Bionicle line link.

Don't get that crappy Toynami Voltron, way overpriced and ugly, sure it has superior articulation but they missculpted the robot look pretty bad.