Page 166 of 584 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 5839
    heh heh, JT i saw those Barraki Bionicles at Target the other day and immediately thought of Movie Bumblebee when i saw the yellow one. i went back a few days later and all of them were gone.

I'm not going to collect another toy line. As it stands, setting up all my toys would take 8-9 rooms of Star Wars, the garage converted to a Star Trek diorama museum (Playmates and ArtAsylum), and a few hallway spaces dedicated for about 10-18 Transformers and 6-8 McFarlane Terminator figures.

I won't give up on what I'm into, but I actually look forward to ending my toy buying days to some degree. I don't want to end up being one of those 40-50 year old guys waiting outside of Target every morning.

This was fine for a 2nd childhood in my 20's, but as I'm growing up, I AM growing up (slightly).

However, when I was a kid, I collected all the Panosh Place Voltron toys that had action figures with removeable helmets that you put inside the Lions which assembled into Voltron. The figures were Star Wars sized, and the Castle of Lions was a great playset! The robeasts had lightup coffins and Prince Luthor or whatever his name was had an electronic fighter ship, and his guardsmen had their own fighters that shot flaming disc weapons. I had only one of each, but given my resources today, I would have assembled a fleet. The one thing I'd wished for was giant Robeast figures. In the cartoon, the coffins would land with the Robeasts being human-sized, but Haggar the Witch would enchant them and they'd grow to be as large as Voltron! Like the Shogun Warriors toy line, they should have also made large-scale Robeast figures. That was a fun line.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Someone needs to start a Voltron thread.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Happy New Year!
    Chux, here's a treat for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udBat-ovIsg

...finally got to uploading it.
    plasticfetish.net

DUDE! Grimlock is kicking Godzilla's ***!

Movie Starscream prototype:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270075219705

Movie Ratchet prototype:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270075209798

And no surprise, I hate them both.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Holy crap! That may be the coolest thing ever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tricks
    DUDE! Grimlock is kicking Godzilla's ***!
    You say that as if the outcome of such a battle would ever be in dispute? Even mabs would side with Grimlock on this one.

Grimlock can beat anyone. Except for Jubilee or Snake Eyes. Because he'd recognize that they're hella cool like him and they'd all go to the movies and make fun of some Ben Stiller train wreck.

"Ha ha ha! Stupid fleshling run from dinosaur bone. If me Grimlock there, me smack upside head, say, 'Stupid human! Dinosaur skeleton not really alive!'"
    "Yeah, like, totally lame-o, y'know?"
    "...."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    You say that as if the outcome of such a battle would ever be in dispute?
    Well, Godzilla has beaten Mechagodzilla countless times, and Mechagodzilla is made of "space titanium", plus Godzilla's actually WAAAAAY bigger than Grimlock.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, I'm just seeing these movie toy pictures. You beat me to posting the link - as I totally did not want to bother adjusting the pictures to repost here they are such crap!

Starscream actually screams justification to me for spending nearly $100 to get the G1-type MPE. His jet mode is wings with Autobot-car-sized-kibble attached to his underbelly. He actually makes JetFire look good (I wasn't exactly a fan of Jetfire's).

Now I hate to admit it, but Ratchet's actually a good start. The design works for a toy, but an Alternator type spin on it with a metallic paint finish (same color, just less plastic looking) and rubber tires would make this guy rock.

In reading the message boards over there at TF2005.com I see a lot of people liking even Starscream with no accounting for sophistocated taste. It really looks like they'll buy anything. It's no wonder I stopped buying Transformers for years until Alternators tempted me back into it.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Haha! Glad you like the Grimlock ad... I've been waiting to get that one up for a while. (It's second to last on the list.)

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    And no surprise, I hate them both.
    Oh god... call me an idiot, but I like the cell phone bot. Maybe it's just because it reminds me of a Microman thing...

Hmm, I kind of like Ratchet also. Need to see a final product though. I don't hate Starscream, but it's nothing new. Reminds me of a Beast Machines figure.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post

Hmm, I kind of like Ratchet also. Need to see a final product though. I don't hate Starscream, but it's nothing new. Reminds me of a Beast Machines figure.
    you mean Beast Machines Jetstorm? while that wasn't that great a toy either, at least the colors were better.

even with my "non sophisticated tastes" there's no way i'm ever buying that vomit green ratchet.