Page 171 of 595 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 5945
    Dominic: I pretend the Alternators fill out my G1 roles for my heroes and villains - SideSwipe is still a red sports car, that sort of thing. The headsculpts on the Alternators are certainly true to their G1 cartoon appearances.

I have to agree with you about science and warfare now that I thought about it. Starscream seems sort of younger and less experienced next to Megatron - the classic upstart like Anakin next to Palpatine, so I always found it hard to envision him as a serious scientist, alien from Cybertron or not. Then in reverse, you also have to question his qualifications as the Decepticon's military air commander.

It's funny, as he was always my favorite Decepticon, but I seriously question his competence.

PlasticFetish: A fan did custom work with Photoshop to paint this one, but it sort of goes along with your request and looks great, though not authentic (no flames - but that's not necessarily a bad thing).

Meanwhile, I've seen about all of this movie's mainline robots now (I'm talking about the TOYS). Here's my call:

Optimus (this one in particular) - awesome
    Ratchet - really cool
    Jazz - pretty good
    BumbleBee - disappointing
    Ironhide - no thanks

Megatron - very nice
    Starscream - not working
    Frenzy (it's been confirmed it's not Soundwave) - not inspiring
    Barricade - cheap
    Bonecrusher - cheap (I think I only saw the low pricepoint version)
    Scorponok - eh - I don't like the idea too much anyway
    Brawl - cheap - but again, I think I only saw a lowball price version
    Blackout - might be very cool if well-articulated

Anyway, here's the FAN PHOTO-PAINTED Prime:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	movieprimeprotohahry2.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	14968  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Okay: In terms of toys, I agree about Prime. I have not seen much in the way of pics on many of the others.

I like what I saw for Megatron though. That tank fellah (I have not yet matched names reflexively) looks fun, price point be damned. Lil' Scout-scale tanks are fun, as we should have learned from RiD.

I disagree fully about Barricade (assuming that is the police car). That thing looks fun. It also has the distinction of being (to my knowldege the only TF to transform into an accurate looking contemporary police car. The Alternator Prowl is too sporty looking, while the Spychanger scale police care mold is anachronistic.

As for Starscream, (as I got older), I saw him as the academic type more than anything else. (And, after finishing a BA in English, I can tell you, that analogy works really well.) He wants power to test out his whims and whatnot. Like the stereotype professor (or even pundit), he thinks the Decepticons would be better off under his leadership, rather than a lout like Megatron.

Go to www.TFW2005.com for the full-sized better pictures, but this one (Blackout) is awesome!!!

I hope this is at least decently scaled to about the same size as MPE Starscream. I don't have my hopes up, but maybe soon we'll see size comparisons. This is the finished product on Blackout. Too cool.

I may have to buy 5 movie figures (I've seen them all now) and I like:

Optimus Prime
    Ratchet
    Jazz
    Megatron
    Blackout

The rest kind of bug me and I really want Alts and MPEs, but that's neither here nor there. This Blackout figure is articulated and really well sculpted and just SWEET!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackoutforposting.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	14970   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	helicopterforposting.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	14971  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

The rest kind of bug me and I really want Alts and MPEs, but that's neither here nor there. This Blackout figure is articulated and really well sculpted and just SWEET!
    I don't think i like the story behind him

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I don't think i like the story behind him
    Good one.

I don't think there is a story behind Blackout. He's just Decepticon cannon fodder for this movie.

Why is that different from Jetfire's resurrection from the snow and subsequent crash landing back into it?

Transfans made a huge deal out of JetFire, like SW fans did for Boba Fett. Sometimes I hate the illogically popular guy. In Star Wars, Uncle Owen had more character development than Fett until AOTC - and even then they've been about equal. But Fett, and in turn, Jetfire, have been cult-worshiped.

I guess Blackout is too "young" to have that kind of following yet, so he doesn't annoy me.

I've read a not-too-detailed script that didn't clearly lay it out for me how Blackout dies, but in my mind there's this scene:

a helicopter flies in low over the streets of Los Angeles where a deadly firefight is erupting between Autobots and Decepticons.

The chopper targets advanced Cybertronian death rays at one particular Autobot or another. Just before it has the chance to fire...

From the roof of an adjacent parking structure, level with the chopper's hovering elevation, a huge red semi-truck with flames blazed on its front end smashes through the brick retaining wall at the edge of the building. It is driving at nearly 150 mph!

This flaming semi-rig crashes straight through the MH3 Chopper, shattering it into pieces over the streets of Los Angeles before it ever gets a chance to fire. The truck, hurtling down at incredible velocity suddenly transforms into OPTIMUS PRIME and instead of crashes, springs off his hands, rolls out of his dive, and comes up firing at Decepticons as "The Touch" blares out of movie screen speakers and the smoldering parts of Blackout reign down like fireworks in the sky!

I have tears in my eyes as I type this. OK - I have a serious thing for Optimus Prime!

But he's going to make Blackout "one" with the blacktop!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace View Post
    I had no idea those were coming out or were out or anything, but my friend and I saw them this morning. I knew I had to get Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, then decided I needed Brawn, then decided I might as well get Windcharger. I set them all up with my GI (reissue) Optimus Prime. I didn't expect nostalgia to fall into my lap like that.
    I was totally surprised to see them to, I knew Bumblebee and Cliffjumper have been out for about 5 years yet I had NEVER seen either in person, then all of a sudden there they are plus 2 more smacking me right in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Oh I already have Jetfire. He's a'ight. Deffinately the best of the Jetfire's but not my favorite by a long shot. Classics Mirage is like a tiny god!
    I can totally see where you're coming from on this, he's not my favorite of the Classics but he's darn close, he's closer than Jetfire who is also great.

You know, a lot of robots have something over Jetfire because of CHARACTER.

Mirage is a comlicated and awesome personality, let alone Optimus Prime.
    Classics Mirage is awesome as a toy, he could be named "Nimrod" and still be supremely cool, He's got a great-looking alt mode, one of the best transformations, and a heavily-articulated bot mode that looks cool and can take some incredible poses.

This is cool! Yup. It's the prototype for the regular (or Deluxe) Optimus Prime figure from the movie! I like this one as well as Ratchet. I don't usually post the stuff I'm not fond of. This is OPTIMUS though! Depending upon his size (this would be so sweet if it were MPE sized!!!) I might have to get this one.
    It is definitely not deluxe-sized, it looks closer to Ultra or larger ($25 is Ultra), you can tell by the size of the screws if nothing else. Here's my comments from when I first saw it:
    The hands do look pretty good, and I like the pipes into long shotguns a lot. I don't like the weird feet or the forced piecey look though, and it seems like a LOT of the truck cab is a fat chunk of kibble on his back. Heh, I just noticed something about the pipes/guns, the canister under the pipe makes this thing look a bit like a super soaker. I would like to see the smokestack gun barrels slide in and out, that'd be a nifty gimmick.
    Here are Megatron and Optimus Prime.

This is not the same Prime figure as in my previous post but appears to be a less detailed version.

The previous one stands a better chance of being an MPE.
    I think you'd be better off not trying to compare these things to Takara's Masterpiece line, there may never be involvement with it.

Anyway, this second one is clearly the larger version, here's my original comments:
    I think that's a larger scale item, something at Super ($40) or even Supreme ($50) judging by the sizes of the screw holes. Prime's right hand is actually a left hand. Looks like this Prime is a lot of toy and with electronics, but the kibble feels like utter BULK now. Megatron I loathe, in bot mode he looks more like an alien wearing bone armor than a transforming robot, and his alt mode looks like a big ol' flying nothing. Prime's forearms are just large bricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Character??? let me look on my list of criteria for well produced toys...Articulation, Sculpt, Paint apps.

darnit, i don't see "character". i guess it means i'm a shallow toy collector only going for the superficial and such
    Rock on, Figgy B! I'm right there with ya!

A fan did custom work with Photoshop to paint this one, but it sort of goes along with your request and looks great, though not authentic (no flames - but that's not necessarily a bad thing).

Anyway, here's the FAN PHOTO-PAINTED Prime:
    Nice Digibash (that's what they're called, "digital kit-bashing") but the toy seems kinda sad colored in, definitely a step down. That often happens with these clay-gray prototype models, the neutral color shows the tighter lines and detailing.

Go to www.TFW2005.com for the full-sized better pictures, but this one (Blackout) is awesome!!!

I hope this is at least decently scaled to about the same size as MPE Starscream. I don't have my hopes up, but maybe soon we'll see size comparisons. This is the finished product on Blackout. Too cool. This Blackout figure is articulated and really well sculpted and just SWEET!
    It looks like a deluxe to me, Mega ($20) at the most, and I don't especially care for it, the larger-scaled prototype looked better and I didn't care for it either.

I don't think there is a story behind Blackout. He's just Decepticon cannon fodder for this movie.
    From what I heard, he's supposed to be the most powerful and dangerous Decepticon in the movie (besides Megatron), his EMP blasts being an especially big deal to the humans.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    (on Blackout):
    From what I heard, he's supposed to be the most powerful and dangerous Decepticon in the movie (besides Megatron), his EMP blasts being an especially big deal to the humans.
    That's cool, but he'll be dead in under 2 1/2 hours or less when the Autobots get down to business!

It helps when none of the robots are actual characters that the audience gives a crap about.

Check it out, plush Optimus Prime:
    http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=9251

And Optimash Prime, the TF-themed Mr Potato Head:
    http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=9250
    (that one doesn't work for me the way Darth Tater did)

A new "Real Gear" figure (that's what the little guys are called, it's a sub-line from the movie, they're the most Transformery things in the line so far), Zoom Out, a small digital video camera:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280072104649

This is the first one of these guys I don't care for, his shoulders, simple TF, and blocky body ruin it for me.

"Gameboy" the handheld guy, I don't like his coloring, they dropped the ball there, and Hasbro has some nerve using that name for the character. I kinda like that the back of his head is transparent though, looks like there's something interesting going on there. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280070802347

The binocular figure is "Longview", here's some new pics:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=119450
    I originally didn't like how this guy was turning out, he didn't have the same level of detail the others did, but seeing him transformed better shows that he's got some real style going on in robot mode and I like how it comes off, I even like the name. The only thing I don't dig now is the "cybertron eyes" look of the business-end of the binoculars, it looks like a big pair of glasses.

All the "Real Gear" figures that have video displays are showing images from the Cybertron line, it makes me think these were planned for that and not this movie.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, aside from the 2 Decepticon "leaders," and the Autobots, I think it is very intentional that the other robots are no one that the audience will care about. Those of us that read the script know that ONE of the robots we DO care about, from G1 past, will die, and the impact is greater when that is a single death we can focus on and regret. Remember, in the '86 movie, "everyone died," and we came out of theaters groaning about that to some degree. (I mean Wheeljack wasn't even given a speaking line in that movie! You just saw Arcee looking at his smoldering body).

So yeah, those of you who know which G1 major player I'm talking about will have more to say about that in July than if it was a whole 1984 catalog reading of epithets.

Meanwhile, ummm, I know someone who might be interested in that Plush Toy and the Potato Head, but I can't name names. He wants people to think he's more sophistocated than that.

Now I'm waiting for the M&M's figures. What will those be called? The Auto-M's and Decepti-M's? "Transforms in your mouth, not in your hands."

i just got TF:C mirage - he's IS the bee's knees. i really like the drastic proportions - very cartoony but in a really cool way. however, this raises a dilemma... now i wish they had gone more cartoony with the entire line! could you imagine a TF:C line in a cartoon style like the clone wars animated series figures? that would've been really cool.

i also like how his head ends up in the cockpit of the racer. i saw jetfire in the times sq. TRU, and noticed the same thing for him - that's really cool, because as a kid i always wondered how they saw where they were going in alt mode.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope