Page 172 of 578 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 5774
    Funny, I like Mirage but don't think nearly as highly about him as everyone else seems to. He's very gappy.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The potato-head stuff ruins it for me. Of course, unlike that waste of plastic Darth Tater, this one might actually be good for kit-bashing. (Probably not, but one must be optimistic, no pun intended.)

And, I disagree with Tycho. The death he references in the new movie really is not that big a deal. Unless you are a fan who cares about such things, it will simply be "Megatron kills a random Autobot", nothing more.

Dominic: you kit bash Super Mr. Potato Heads? OK, SirStevesGuideToPsychologicalServices will be online shortly I hope.

It's OK. I'm going to call your parents. Now please just make yourself comfortable in our "time out box."

As far as "Megatron kills a random Autobot," - it may seem that way if your only frame of reference is the movie. If you're a G1 cartoon fan, then you're sort of more invested in this character, and if you bring that with you into the movie, you'll be like: "Darn! NNNNNnnnnnnoooooooooOOOO!" in your best Darth Vader impersonation.

But as I noted, this character won't have much character development as one of 13 robots with screen time and only that to go with in around 2 hours total being shared with the rest - and the time shared is actually closer to 1 hour as all the robots might not have made an appearance while Michael Bay's "discovery process" is running the clock.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I was thinking the Auto-bits more than the plasti-spud for kitbashing.

As for :Jazz :, you just restated my point. Unless you know and care, Megatron just kills a random Autobot. It is hardly a major moment in the movie. And, as the movie deviates so much form the franchise, and is not even that good, nobody is likely to care over-much.

But, speaking of being a kitbashing psycho, has anyone seen that Kurt Cobain toy? ehehehehehehehehe, All I need is a dremel tool, some red paint, and a shot-gun from the McFarlane Monsters wolfman set..........

Here's the "Real Gear" figures in package, I think I like this concept:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/vbimgh...img&imgid=1942

So, these are on movie cards, but no actual mention of the movie, that furthers my theory that these are meant to be in the Cybertron line.

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn View Post
    i just got TF:C mirage - he's IS the bee's knees. i really like the drastic proportions - very cartoony but in a really cool way. however, this raises a dilemma... now i wish they had gone more cartoony with the entire line! could you imagine a TF:C line in a cartoon style like the clone wars animated series figures? that would've been really cool.
    That's what they're threatening to do with the next TV show, "Transformers:Heroes", and personally, I don't care for it, it's a very fine line between realistic cartoony proportions and downright silliness, Hasbro's proved they can't tell the difference on their own (TF:The Movie figures, some Armada entries). But that's just my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Funny, I like Mirage but don't think nearly as highly about him as everyone else seems to. He's very gappy.
    What are you talking about? Vehicle mode is among the least-gappy ever, and he's got a solid chest. Perhaps you mean about how thin he is? That's not gappy though.

Dangit Dom! Your white spoiler text was way too easy to accidentally read. I've changed it to full-invisible.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What JT, you didn't know ::: (highlight spoiler text you already read in Dom's post): Jazz gets killed? :::

I think that unless he gets any screen time for character development, which it sounds like he won't from the script I read, only G1 cartoon fans might care.

Unless of course they make some sort of tragic funeral scene after the battle.

Then BumbleBee will say, "What will happen to me now?"

And Prime will respond, "The Matrix has given me permission to train you. You will complete Driver's Ed. I promise."
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Figgy found me a Jetfire! Thanks, Figrin!
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

The WM in Hemet, CA, which didn't have any Classics figures at all until a couple of weeks ago, apparently restocked this morning. Among a surprisingly large number of Grimlocks and Mirages, I found two gems:

Cliffjumper and Ramjet!!

Yes, they're out. Check your Wal-Marts.

Ramjet appears to have some re-tooling of the nosecone to allow for the "conehead" the character had in the cartoons. (I believe this would be impossible with the Starscream sculpt.) This disappoints me a little, since they could've done some tiny modifications to Cliffjumper so that he's not just a red Bumblebee. But with the history of there being red Bumblebees and yellow Cliffjumpers, I don't mind.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The WM in Hemet, CA, which didn't have any Classics figures at all until a couple of weeks ago, apparently restocked this morning. Among a surprisingly large number of Grimlocks and Mirages, I found two gems:

Cliffjumper and Ramjet!!

Yes, they're out. Check your Wal-Marts.

Ramjet appears to have some re-tooling of the nosecone to allow for the "conehead" the character had in the cartoons. (I believe this would be impossible with the Starscream sculpt.) This disappoints me a little, since they could've done some tiny modifications to Cliffjumper so that he's not just a red Bumblebee. But with the history of there being red Bumblebees and yellow Cliffjumpers, I don't mind.
    Wow, no way, that's crazy! I can't believe these things are out now, the Ultra Magnus/Skywarp 2pack has been found in the US as well, so that's everything in the Classics line except wave 2 minicons.

Hasbro has gotten really cheap with repaints not having mold changes over the years, they always were to a degree but it's gotten worse.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.