Page 173 of 595 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 5944
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    ...so that's everything in the Classics line except wave 2 minicons.
    So, from the POV of folks like me and Tycho and darthvyn, that's everything in the Classics line.

BTW, I asked at actionfigs.com, but no one's responded yet. What's the deal on Devastator? He was announced well before several SW toys that have actually shown up recently. Is he still scheduled to be released, or cancelled? I know he's inaccurate, but he looks cool enough that I can forgive that.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 01-22-2007 at 11:29 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I know it's really Takara, but I'd buy MPE Starscream over again in Skywarp and Thundercracker paint schemes, however, I'd like to at least see them over a new head sculpt mold for each personality.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    So, from the POV of folks like me and Tycho and darthvyn, that's everything in the Classics line.

BTW, I asked at actionfigs.com, but no one's responded yet. What's the deal on Devastator? He was announced well before several SW toys that have actually shown up recently. Is he still scheduled to be released, or cancelled? I know he's inaccurate, but he looks cool enough that I can forgive that.

you speak of this? http://tformers.com/transformers_dat..._Combiner.html

it ain't out yet

Painted MP Megatron:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=121017
    I look at that thing and think it's amazing, then I see the legs from the front and it's like a kick to the stomach.

Classics Ramjet & Cliffjumper:
    http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7517/tf0mf.jpg

Ramjet's colors on card seem more Autobot than I was expecting. Hunting this one down should be a real bummer, but I'll do it.

I haven't been reading the forums there in a while, just not enough time in the day. Devastator (the repaint of Energon Constructicon Maximus) is still coming out as a WM exclusive, just not sure when; here's a few new pics to tide you over (different from those Hasbro PR shots Figgy just linked): http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=albu...ze=800&start=0
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Minicons technically are not Classics anyway. It does not say "Classics" on the packaging, and the molds were in fact designed for Cybertron.

Wow, 4 months with no new product. I have heard rumours of some Cybertron repacks, but it looks like we are in a holding pattern until May or so.

Alternator Ravage is out in England!

We need him and Rumble stocked here in the US.

You should be able to order or at least Pre-Order the MPE 05 Megatron as well, though I am probably going to hold off:

1) I want to hear if folks received him or US Customs confiscated him - if he ships as a gun especially (dumb idea but Starscream ships as a jet).

2) I want to find out where people ordered and received him WITHOUT orange caps in the barrel

3) I've been notified by Michael Bay that Megatron is a Cybertronian Jet in Alt Mode, and I want to learn if it's possible that a MPE or reasonably approximate size of THAT will be made into a toy that could combat MPE 01 Prime.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I remember a few years ago, some importers would actually ship pre-transformed re-issue Megatrons. Essentially, a toy scalper over in Japan would buy Megatrons at a local TrU. He would then spend time carefully opening the packages, then shipping a loose transformed Megatrons (along with empty pacakges) to a US dealer, who would restore the package.

It worked, but it greatly increased the cost of the Megatrons.

Of course, trusting it to fate (and not opening and transforming the toys) also increased costs, as dealers would use successfully shipping Megatrons to cover costs and risks on future orders. Essentially, people who bought Megatrons paid a kind of insurance against possible failed shipments later.

OK, I don't know the price of MPE 05 yet, but Starscream was $97.12 shipped (as a fighter jet, btw).

Rounding that to $100 for the example - if you can afford to lose that, you can order it direct from Japan even if they ship it as a gun. If you receive it, or it ships as a robot and customs doesn't make a stink about it, then you're in the clear.

I'm not sure if it will ever become a legal issue, should someone use a Megatron toy in a crime. It will eventually be tried I'm sure, but we all might have gotten ours (without the orange tips) by then.

Futhering the story though - how is an American retailer who plans to put orange tips on them going to import say even 20 of them for resale? It will look like an alQaeda arms shipment coming through. Weren't there 19 hijackers with box cutters before? 20 handguns would be enough to look suspicious. I used that "small" amount because I'm going to make the next point.

20 guns at $100 each is $2,000. While maybe you can afford to lose $100 if you're unlucky - hey it could happen in Vegas - $2,000 is a larger loss for Mom & Pop shops, which is the category that the majority of retailers would belong to. Should Hasbro touch this one, Target and Toys R Us might refuse to sell it - and Wal-Mart might even go there, but they would all be most definitely adding the orange tip to it and making some kind of deal with Takara to do that in-factory, pre-shipping, thus jacking the cost a little. I don't think Mom & Pop shops have the market-demand pull to get Takara to make those conversions in house. Furthermore, I think Takara produces based on estimates for their sales in the Japanese market, and American and British consumption is just icing on the cake. But any further price increase might make Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU hesitant to carry the product, as nealy $100 Transformers have been rare items in their stores, though they did carry MPE 01 Prime.

And I don't think I even need to bother saying it, but I will - ordering more than 20 MPE 05's risk greater losses than $2,000.

Question

Is this the TRU exclusive Soundwave?

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Product...R=396&ID=18829
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Val, that Soundwave is not the TRU exclusive G1 reissue Soundwave but a titanium version that is available everywhere. the reviews of the titanium version don't seem that favorable so i would go for the TRU exclusive if you wanted a Soundwave.