Page 174 of 578 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 5775
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Futhering the story though - how is an American retailer who plans to put orange tips on them going to import say even 20 of them for resale? It will look like an alQaeda arms shipment coming through.
    Well... when the boxes of orange tip Megatrons are packed in a crate with thousands of other crates on a huge container ship, I don't think it'll be quite the same.

Just out of curiousity, have we heard (or seen) for sure that he's boxed in gun mode?
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post

Just out of curiousity, have we heard (or seen) for sure that he's boxed in gun mode?
    No. We don't know anything yet. But that's not the point. A child (or any bank robber) can turn Megatron into a somewhat scary replica weapon and go out and cause trouble with it.

Remember, you can be charged with armed robbery even if you pass a bank teller a note saying you have a gun, but not actually show a weapon of any sort. Actually, you can point a finger and say you have an invisible gun, and they are trained to comply and give you money while they hit the silent alarm and let the police and court system handle you.

This whole dilemma is interesting because a criminal can paint an orange tip on a REAL gun for whatever advantage it gives them, and a mechanically inclined person might be able to reconfigure a SuperSoaker to fire real bullets. All that being said, it's not smart to even carry the orange tip Megatron in gun mode out in front of police officers, but the law was made so that politicians could look like they were doing something for concerned parents. I think concerned parents should teach their kids not to ever hold onto any kind of real or replica weapon in front of police until they clear it - such that if you are having a Nerf gun battle with your friend in your yard, and a cop comes by, put it down until they know what it is and why you have it! (And I'm all for gun rights - just being sensible about it).

So in conclusion, an orange tip on Megatron is only going to ruin the toy, not make it safer most likely.

And as far as your first comment "when the boxes of orange tip Megatrons are packed in a crate with thousands of other crates on a huge container ship, I don't think it'll be quite the same," if the customs teams were actually doing their job like the 9-11 Commission recommended, this country would actually be safer. Honestly, I think they should search every container to not be hypocritical. That being somewhat impossible, I will probably be able to order an unaltered Megatron, and then I'll buy the components to make my own nuclear Mouse Droid the following week.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

and I was worried there wasn't any

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    So in conclusion, an orange tip on Megatron is only going to ruin the toy, not make it safer most likely.
    Oh, so that's the point.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Well... when the boxes of orange tip Megatrons are packed in a crate with thousands of other crates on a huge container ship, I don't think it'll be quite the same.

I've heard it confirmed that Megatron will ship in robot mode (Like Prime). I don't know where, because the article's at least a month old, but if I find it again I'll let you know.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

A buddy of mine in Las Vegas picked up wave 3 deluxes and Soundwave & Rodimus Prime Titanium Series 6"ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme View Post
    The Minicons technically are not Classics anyway. It does not say "Classics" on the packaging, and the molds were in fact designed for Cybertron.
    They're in a Classics assortment number, that makes them technically Classics as it does the 2 2packs, neither of which say "Classics" on them I believe. Not to put too fine a point on this, but it's not like the word "Classics" appears in a major title anywhere on any of the cards or boxes of the deluxes or voyagers, the only use is a small "Classic Deluxe" and "Classic Voyager" in 1 small spot.

Wow, 4 months with no new product. I have heard rumours of some Cybertron repacks, but it looks like we are in a holding pattern until May or so.
    Yeah, sucks, not that I was really looking forward to TF movie stuff but no TF stuff stinks. At least there's 6" Titanium Series still.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme View Post
    I remember a few years ago, some importers would actually ship pre-transformed re-issue Megatrons. Essentially, a toy scalper over in Japan would buy Megatrons at a local TrU. He would then spend time carefully opening the packages, then shipping a loose transformed Megatrons (along with empty pacakges) to a US dealer, who would restore the package.

It worked, but it greatly increased the cost of the Megatrons.

Of course, trusting it to fate (and not opening and transforming the toys) also increased costs, as dealers would use successfully shipping Megatrons to cover costs and risks on future orders. Essentially, people who bought Megatrons paid a kind of insurance against possible failed shipments later.
    Haw! That's a good scam! When that reissue came out over there, the Frank & Sons guys had a bunch of 'em - still do. Customs doesn't even check most of this stuff, and doesn't care about even more of it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I made this tribute picture to the man behind the 'Bot I admire most.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PeterCullen for posting.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	15010  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

You got me on the assortment numbers JT. Dang, it looks like I do own some classics. Now, who to give them to........(Gotta keep the ol' collection pure..... )

Here's OPTIMASH PRIME!

"One shall stand and one shall fry!"

"Until all are peeled!"

"Fry-dom is the right of all spudding beings."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Optimash for posting.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	15019  

Not bad. Not bad at all. Still not gonna buy the s(tu)pud thing, but not bad. (Yes, I am reaching with "s(tu)pud", but work with me here.)

I thought of another line:

"Arial-Tots: prepare to Super-Size!"