Page 180 of 578 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 5774
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    So, I'm in the minority when I say that a Bumblebee who transforms into a Camaro, poops on people, and jams to Devo is more wrong than watching George H W Bush and Barbara making an adult movie?
    i'll join in this boycott, Chux.

Quote Originally Posted by seanmcfripp View Post
    I must have missed them too. Not only that, I don't see any TF sites reporting the fate of Classics. I know the line was only intended to fill in until the movie line, but I thought someone would have at least asked the Hasbro booth about how Classics might continue later on (like a Universe subline or something). And yet, there are no such reports.
    Classics are not dead but we won't see any new ones this year. They'll be on hiatus while the movie toys and some lame Energon recolors come out (most likely under the movie banner). Classics will most likely return next year with a few more recolors and a few all new molds (rumored to include Sideswipe, Prowl, and Cosmos--yes, Cosmos). No definitive word on whether this would be a part of or in addition to the new animated series.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Y'know what I'd like to see?

Hasbro working with some major Japanese anime studio to produce a more grown-up version of Transformers, based on the Classics design (but working in some G1 and Alternators). Not in lieu of a kiddie cartoon, but in addition to it. Something for those of us who can't watch more than two minutes of any of the 'toons since Beast Wars without bashing our heads against a wall in frustration.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

How cool would a deluxe sized, or "leader sized" SeaSpray be?

I just thought of the minibot today for some reason, and how rare a hovercraft is.

I think it would be awsome if they made SeaSpray in some realistic size and fully articulated him (gave him seperable legs, etc.)

Does anybody like SeaSpray around here?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

I just thought of the minibot today for some reason, and how rare a hovercraft is.

I think it would be awsome if they made SeaSpray in some realistic size and fully articulated him (gave him seperable legs, etc.)

No, go home
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Seaspray isn't my favorite, but he's quite cool. I could go for a "Classics" figure of him.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd like a Seaspray but only as an Alternator or MPE

only kidding, i'd definitely get a Classics version. Cosmos would be even better though...would love to see what they do with him.

So, I'm in the minority when I say that a Bumblebee who transforms into a Camaro, poops on people, and jams to Devo is more wrong than watching George H W Bush and Barbara making an adult movie?
    Dude, Bumblebee does not poop on people. He, in fact, skeets a hot, greasy load on to some soldiers. That is so not the same thing as defecating on them.

Yes, he is a Camaro. Yes, he plays Devo. But, he does not poop at all in the movie-he blows a warm, greasy load. (No, seriously, according to the script I read, he does this. I am being totally serious here. Bumblebee, well, bumble-skeets. )

On another note, a new Seaspray would be nice, but is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme View Post
    But, he does not poop at all in the movie-he blows a warm, greasy load. (No, seriously, according to the script I read, he does this.
    Thanks for the clarification. And I believe that is the Quote of the Day, sir.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Did I miss something, or were there no new Classics shown at ToyFair?
    No Classics, no TF:Heroes, no nuthin'. The movie was the only thing shown there, and all but 2 pieces were in a "no photography" room even though they've been splashed all over the internet long before Toy Fair (probably a contract issue with Paramount). Anyway, it's no surprise there are no Classics, Hasbro said there wouldn't be a 4th wave when the line started, at least not contiguously.

The Alt line is not dead, as the Jaguar Ravage and Honda Rumble are on their way so far as I know (though I don't recall seeing any images of them from ToyFair). However Ravage has been released in the UK.
    Both have been released in the UK, I believe, and they are the last to be released here whenever Hasbro gets around to it. The line is dead though, at least for foreseeable future of the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I've got a couple Nemmy's I'm trying to get rid of. Thought I bought them for friends, turns out they didn't need them. If you're interested, PM me.
    Chaddy, think you can spare one for ol' JT?

Words fail me.

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?...articleid=1065

So, in the film, Bumblebee repeatedly poops on people to the outdated sounds of Devo?

Does Megatron pee on humans and say, "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Starscream? I pity the fool!"?
    Yeah, this thing seems really goofy, I'm not sure if it's Hasbro's fault or Bay's movie, and from the preview I read about online, I'm beginning to think it's Bay and the movie is goofier than expected (why Autobots would need to HIDE in ROBOT MODE in someone's back yard makes no sense).

Well... I was with you until that part about George Sr naked with his George Washington-lookalike wife.

Quote Originally Posted by seanmcfripp View Post
    I must have missed them too. Not only that, I don't see any TF sites reporting the fate of Classics. I know the line was only intended to fill in until the movie line, but I thought someone would have at least asked the Hasbro booth about how Classics might continue later on (like a Universe subline or something). And yet, there are no such reports.
    At this time, it seems Hasbro has nothing to sell to retailers in that area, so no reason to bring it to Toy Fair. All their current efforts are focused on the horrible movie's products.

Y'know what I'd like to see?

Hasbro working with some major Japanese anime studio to produce a more grown-up version of Transformers, based on the Classics design (but working in some G1 and Alternators). Not in lieu of a kiddie cartoon, but in addition to it. Something for those of us who can't watch more than two minutes of any of the 'toons since Beast Wars without bashing our heads against a wall in frustration.
    The problem is it has to be aimed at young teen boys at the latest if they want it to survive, but shows aimed at older kids do terribly these days - the current state of cartoons is in the toilet for anything that tries to take its audience seriously, look at the revamped Masters of the Universe, or Justice League's demise (scheduling was the symptom, not the initial cause), and look what they did to Batman. They go where the money is, and the money is in toy tie-ins, and toy tie-ins only appeal to 8 year old boys now, so cartoons only are aimed at those boys. Hasbro could try to buck the trend by putting their faith in making a decent show that's more mature and serious in content, but unless it hits hard every episode will be operating at a loss.

Yeah, Seaspray was pretty cool, I dig hovercrafts even though something with a rubber skirt doesn't lend itself to robots too well. They made a Basic-sized hovercraft in the Cybertron line, but he had long arms which were awkwardly jointed so I couldn't give him as high marks as I wanted to.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.