Page 183 of 591 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 5907
    The report is speculative Dominic.

Ravage and Rumble might appear in stores sooner than later. If I can't get them for 2 more YEARS, I'll go to eBay and since no one will be looking for them then, they might not cost a fortune.

However, I think it is more likely that HasbroToyShop will deal with them if they need to (that is - if Wal-Mart / Target / Toys R Us doesn't)

Meanwhile, Alts they could do with some popularity after the movie include:

2007 Camarro (BumbleBee)
    2007 Mustang (Barricade)
    2007 Hummer (Ratchet)
    2007 GMC Truck (Ironhide)

My Meister figure suffices for Jazz... (I call him Jazz anyway)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme View Post
    As for Soundwave, Phan, you got a better toy now than you would have as a kid, so do not waste time mourning the past.

Your Soundwave can hold 2 tapes. The original Soundwave could only hold one. (The toy we are seeing now is based on a later Japanese recolor that was modified to hold multiple tapes.)
    Oh, no complaints whatsoever! I love this toy. In a lot of ways he's even cooler than the G1 Prime I got. Like I said, you can tell a lot of thought went into this toy.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme View Post
    Two things:

No more Alternators.
    http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW/sightings.html

(I can hear Tycho sobbing now.)
    Ouch! Dang, that's 3 ****ing Alternators releases in a row that got shortchanged (Nemesis Prime and now these 2). To be honest, these aren't a great loss to me, I was curious about Rumble but I'm not mourning a loss there, both figures looked pretty bad.

As for Soundwave, Phan, you got a better toy now than you would have as a kid, so do not waste time mourning the past.

Your Soundwave can hold 2 tapes. The original Soundwave could only hold one. (The toy we are seeing now is based on a later Japanese recolor that was modified to hold multiple tapes.)
    I disagree, the 2 tapes thing is acceptable but they had to deepen the cassette slot to accomodate it so it no longer sits flush when closed - I loved that feature. Still, I'll take Soundwave any way I can get him, I never owned the original and always admired it. I wish Hasbro had released ALL the cassette molds though.

My only real gripe with the re-issue is not so much about Soundwave, but 2a few toys that will likely not get made.

For whatever reason, Hasbro seems reluctant to use the Frenzy/Rumble molds. So, between that, and the fact Hasbro is unlikely to ever release a new Buzzsaw, we are unlikely to ever get all of Soundwave's original tapes. (Granted, you could hunt for good copies of old toys, but I would rather buy them new.)

And, never mind the prospects of gettng later tapes.
    Yeah, Frenzy/Rumble and the later tapes really would have been an awesome release, I mourn their absence more than I do those canceled alternators.

Tycho, DvD there is pretty conservative about what kinds of news he posts, if he says they're solid rumors then you can be confident it's accurate. And he's not speculating, he's reporting somewhat reliable rumors, it's different.

HasbroToyShop totally tanked the Nemesis Prime thing, so I am no longer counting on their stupid arses for my TF needs.

Alts are deader than dead, what a shock - they didn't even sell that well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    [Re: Alts Rumble & Ravage] both figures looked pretty bad.
    No they didn't!

Tycho, DvD there is pretty conservative about what kinds of news he posts, if he says they're solid rumors then you can be confident it's accurate. And he's not speculating, he's reporting somewhat reliable rumors, it's different.
    Well I hope he's wrong this time!

HasbroToyShop totally tanked the Nemesis Prime thing, so I am no longer counting on their stupid arses for my TF needs.
    Maybe they learned some lessons?

Alts are deader than dead, what a shock - they didn't even sell that well.
    Then unless there are some other good MPEs coming out in the future, I have NO Transformers I'll need to buy. The sad thing is that I'll miss that.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    No they didn't!
    Yeah, they do.

Maybe they learned some lessons?
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Doubtful.

Then unless there are some other good MPEs coming out in the future, I have NO Transformers I'll need to buy. The sad thing is that I'll miss that.
    Either find something you like or move on, I guess. For me, I'll probably pick up a few movie toys depending on what I like but for now I fear my only TF collecting will be Titanium 6".

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT:

Blackout looks awesome - he's just not decently sized for my personal Transformers collection.

There's one Optimus Prime I really like - it might not be the Leader Class, I'm not sure though.

Jazz looks tolerable.

Ratchet looks amazing!

Ironhide - well if you pull his head off and do a custom job from the neck up - he'd be pretty cool (just leave those guns OFF in truck form)

Megatron's leader mode might not seem like Megatron, but it's a cool looking toy. But for me - the wrong size as well because I want something comparable to the MPE Prime in that style if I'm going to bother.

I don't see how anybody viewing that Megatron toy can think it looks like a cool Transformers toy.

The voyager ( I think ) Ironhide and one or two deluxes are the only ones I have remotely liked so far. In some cases, the designs for the heads are so horrible or weird that it kills the entire figure for me. I guess I get to save some money this summer, huzzah!

Alts Ravage and Rumble do indeed look bad! better than the movie toys but that's not saying much now is it?

i thought i might get the 6" titanium Ultra Magnus but after seeing pics, it just doesn't look that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    The voyager ( I think ) Ironhide and one or two deluxes are the only ones I have remotely liked so far. In some cases, the designs for the heads are so horrible or weird that it kills the entire figure for me. I guess I get to save some money this summer, huzzah!
    Pretty much the same for me, but it saddens me to think how Transformers are going to fall off my radar.