Page 187 of 585 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 5841
    Finally got around to picking up the Magnus/Skywarp two pack on clearance at Target, now only Ramjet is left and I will done with TF ( except for a few movie toys ) for quite awhile.

Pardon if this has been discussed, but its in my head so I thought I'd post about it.

So we know that this years botcon exclusives with be Classics based. This is terrible, because I will probably want to buy them! Last years Pre-BW set was nifty, but not something I felt I needed. So I was thinking of some likely candidates. The most obvious is the three remaining seekers. I would be shocked if they were not in the set, people want these 3, theres no doubt. Bumblebee/Cliffjumper could make an acceptable Skids, with a head remold this time of course :P. ( and a weapon ) Give Rodimus a Tracks head. Throw in a remolded/repainted tank Megs as Warpath and I'd be sold. As for the con-exclusive, repainted Starscream as Sunstorm would do well, since I can't go to the con and wouldn't mind missing that one.

This will be random, but didn't the later years add two dinosaurs to Soundwave's cassette tape arsenol? I'm remembering having a white and blue T-rex and a green and purple stegasraurus. I'm pretty sure.

What were their names? Were they ever in the cartoons?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Alternators Ravage and Rumble came in! There were at least 3 of each car (6 cars total) to a case and probably 4 cases of them to be made into an endcap at Wal-Mart this morning at 4am - my connection there phoned me or else I'd be sleeping! They look very nice - especially Ravage, though I haven't opened either of them yet - I want some more sleep!

I may post my review over at ActionFigs.com to help Steve boost the reconstruction in the forums over there, but if I do, I'll link to it. Now I just wanna sleep before it's time to go to Target.

This weekend, the life of a toy collector isn't easy.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    This will be random, but didn't the later years add two dinosaurs to Soundwave's cassette tape arsenol? I'm remembering having a white and blue T-rex and a green and purple stegasraurus. I'm pretty sure.

What were their names? Were they ever in the cartoons?
    They were Overkill (an especially violent T-rex, only he had a nose horn, so he should've properly been called a Ceratosaurus) and Slugfest (a majorly mentally deficient Stegosaurus who wasn't smart enough to do much more than shoot at anything that moves). I think they may have briefly appeared in the final season. Not sure, though.

Soundwave added two more cassettes later, a bird named Squawktalk and a gorilla named Beatbox. They combined into a robot named Squawkbox. I never had them, but they looked cheap, and the Autobot equivalent (Grand Slam + Raindance = Slamdance) was quite cheapo.

Yeah, they'd hit bottom in the name barrel by that point.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

No one is participating with me in this thread over at ActionFigs.com but if you re-register (Steve had a major forums malfunction over there last week), you could add your 2 cents worth and support the site. However, not to have my voice fall on no ears at all, I copied and pasted my comments from the other site below:

Well Ravage is very sturdy and has some cool aspects to his transformation.

His wheels do not turn in car mode, and other than Hound, he is the only Alternator to not feature that linked sterring yoke.

In beast mode, he is pretty stiff and not too poseable. This is slightly disappointing as Alternators in the past have been very articulate. But how articulated does Ravage need to be? Overall he is the better Decepticon of the two new ones and he's well worth having!

Rumble is rather fragile, light cheap plastic. I don't care for Honda Civics to begin with, so there's not much to say about his vehicle mode, except this to Honda: design better looking cars! But that's not Hasbro's fault. Still they could have chosen a different vehicle to be Rumble after all.

His "working" pile drivers are this: spring-loaded (non-firing) missles basically. There's a very-hard-to-find (VHTF) switch on either arm that pops out the pile driver from one of the read halves of the car. If it hit an Autobot Alternator, I'm sure it would knock it down. But it doesn't pulsate back and forth, it just pops out once and then you have to reset it.

Rumble is also not too poseable. Under his hood and in his truck are his "back cannons" that were characteristic of his G1 look. You have to figure out how to move the tiny clips out of the folding out cannons in order to attach them onto his windshield behind his back. The instructions don't adequately explain this of course.

Rumble is maroon in color, which harkens back to G1 TOYS, whereas the G1 cartoon confused him and Frenzy (Soundwave's other human-form cassette tape warrior) and made the blue one the character of Rumble, and the maroon one, Frenzy. Well, everyone's concerned that Alternators will be ended altogether or put on hiatus as Hasbro focuses on the movie toys. Just the same, a blue one of these called "Frenzy" whom you can pretend is Rumble, (save for the fact that the license plate on the maroon one says Rumble) won't make much difference in the quality here.

For Star Wars collectors, I liken Rumble to the BattleDroid figure: you should buy him and need him to build up your opposition army, but you can certainly imagine better quality.

One other thing: Rumble has blue "Autobot" eyes, whereas Decepticons are supposed to have red eyes. Who'd they consult for these figures? Michael Bay?

Yeah, I read about them hitting WM, but didn't have a chance to report it back here. I hit WM yesterday but nada, seeing that review, I'll probably get Rumble and hate it, and no chance in hell now of me getting Cat Ravage.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Pardon if this has been discussed, but its in my head so I thought I'd post about it.

So we know that this years botcon exclusives with be Classics based. This is terrible, because I will probably want to buy them! Last years Pre-BW set was nifty, but not something I felt I needed. So I was thinking of some likely candidates. The most obvious is the three remaining seekers. I would be shocked if they were not in the set, people want these 3, theres no doubt. Bumblebee/Cliffjumper could make an acceptable Skids, with a head remold this time of course :P. ( and a weapon ) Give Rodimus a Tracks head. Throw in a remolded/repainted tank Megs as Warpath and I'd be sold. As for the con-exclusive, repainted Starscream as Sunstorm would do well, since I can't go to the con and wouldn't mind missing that one.
    I hadn't heard about that, it did indeed make me a little nervous to think there'd be exclusive entries in the line. I had just been toying with a different idea though, what if they integrated basic figures from the last 2 lines into the botcon Classics-based set?
    - CY Clocker as Blurr
    - CY Armorhide as Huffer
    - CY Scrapmetal as Frenzy and/or Rumble
    - CY Shortround as Seaspray
    - CY Hardtop as Beachcomber
    - EN Battle Ravage into... Ravage
    - EN Divebomb into Laserbeak and/or Buzzsaw
    - EN Strongarm as Hound (that one is a stretch, but not many folks want a Roadbuster, I'll bet)
    - EN Sky Shadow as Powerglide
    - EN Blackout as Whirl (if they do this though, Roadbuster's gotta be in)

So, apparently Voyager ($20) Blackout is really small, only about as tall as a Deluxe: http://www.tfans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=63069
    And with the other Voyagers in that line: http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...n/100_1398.jpg
    He looks pretty small for a $20 figure, I wonder if he's smaller than Classics Optimus.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yeah, I read about them hitting WM, but didn't have a chance to report it back here. I hit WM yesterday but nada, seeing that review, I'll probably get Rumble and hate it, and no chance in hell now of me getting Cat Ravage.
    Why? Ravage is by far the better of the two. Honestly. If I were told by my mom "that I could only have 1..."

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yeah, I read about them hitting WM, but didn't have a chance to report it back here. I hit WM yesterday but nada...
    Ditto. Nothing at our local Wal-Mart. JT - if you do happen to run across them, be willing to do a poor guy a solid by stashing or picking them up for me?
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

I forgot to mention this, but a security guard at Target Pasadena 1-story I saw last night had a Decepticon logo tattooed in purple across the entire top of his hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Why? Ravage is by far the better of the two. Honestly. If I were told by my mom "that I could only have 1..."
    The front wheels don't turn left-right, the cat isn't very poseable, and it's covered in kibble. Plus, a cassette bot as a car makes NO sense to me, but especially a character we've already done as an Alternator.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    Ditto. Nothing at our local Wal-Mart. JT - if you do happen to run across them, be willing to do a poor guy a solid by stashing or picking them up for me?
    Sure, absolutely, if I have the scratch at the time I'll pick them up for you, if I don't I'll put efforts into a quality stashin'.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.