Page 197 of 566 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 5658
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    search your feelings....you know it to be true
    Nnnnoooooooooooo!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I spotted the movie preview protoform figures at Target Eagle Rock today, they scanned for $9.99 each, I didn't bother getting them though. The deco is even worse in person I think, the paint doesn't really fill right, they're both pretty muted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I'd suspect that adults would still like to buy Transformers that they aren't afraid to transform for fear of breaking them. Chaddymac's accident with MPE Megatron would seriously tick me off if I paid that much for the figure only to have even the smallest part crack. That's why I fear playing with Starscream.
    Granted, but that has nothing to do with my "discerning taste" comment.

That's funny. That's what I thought about the rest of you guys who bought the RiD, Cybertron, BeastMachines, WarWithin, and all that crap that wasn't G1.
    And that is why you fail. You've missed out on so many kickass Transformers because you're a snob fanboy who doesn't recognize how limited the original G1 entries really were due to your nostalgia.

Alternators Rule!
    Yeah, you can really tell that by the high sales and the fact that the line didn't get canned. Honestly, it's a niche line and a limited one at that, they're not all that much fun, a lot of them are kinda samey to each other, there are far too inspired entries. I'd say that Smokescreen and Mirage are really the only special ones.

Takara-Tomy is issuing a transparent "cloaked" Mirage over in Japan / Hong Kong. Much like Hasbro had hologram figures for Star Wars, don't you think that if Alternators die, they can release their "ghost figures" in transparent plastic?
    TakaraTomy's been milking the specialty Binaltech entries forever. This one does look pretty cool, but I think only Mirage can get away with the concept (I think they've done a couple other BTs as "crystal" already).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Tycho, War Within is Generation 1. It was a series of comic mini-series (unfortunately cut short by Dreamwave's going out of business, as it was the only worthwhile thing they produced) set millions of years in the past. With a couple of minor exceptions, it could be the "prequels" to the cartoon, the Marvel series, and the Dreamwave series.

Of course, the rumor is that a future series would involve Megatron leading the Quintessons to Cybertron, which would've separated it more from the Marvel and Sunbow continuities, but big deal.

It's most famous (or should be) for Grimlock's quote: "Me Grimlock bad@$$!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    And that is why you fail. You've missed out on so many kickass Transformers because you're a snob fanboy who doesn't recognize how limited the original G1 entries really were due to your nostalgia.
    JT, the only thing wrong with that statement is that i don't believe that Mr. Tycho owns any G1 TF's anymore nor has he gone at length about how superior the G1 toys are. however, as we're all aware, MPE's and Alternators are his TF's of choice and so he isn't really your traditional G1 Fanboy. if i'm not mistaken, he didn't even pay any attention to TF's until Alts first came out. now having said all that, i really don't understand the reason for the snobby fanboyism. Dude Tycho, we're talking about toys, not vintage wine or impressionist paintings!

maybe to bring balance to the force, i'm going to start posting daily about how i wish for an MPE Beast Wars Tigerhawk!!

(no, i don't actually wish for one, the original one is good enough for non discerning TF fans like me )

better yet, how about an MPE Waspinator?? that way if he falls apart, we can just tell ourselves that it's supposed to just like on the show.

So what does everyone think of the Botcon Seekers?

http://www.botcon.com
    http://www.botcon.com/BotCon07preview.cfm

They're about what I expected, and as such, I think they look pretty sweet. I actually like that Dirge is a straight up repaint of Ramjet, gives him a bit more bulk in jet mode, something a bit lacking on the original. And man, I'm lovin' that Thrust. I'd have preferred the Starscream style gun barrels as opposed to the Ramjet style, but he looks great anyway.

I've never gotten caught up in the hype that surrounds exclusives, but I'm totally getting sucked in by these.

Quote Originally Posted by seanmcfripp View Post

They're about what I expected, and as such, I think they look pretty sweet. I actually like that Dirge is a straight up repaint of Ramjet, gives him a bit more bulk in jet mode, something a bit lacking on the original. And man, I'm lovin' that Thrust. I'd have preferred the Starscream style gun barrels as opposed to the Ramjet style, but he looks great anyway.

I've never gotten caught up in the hype that surrounds exclusives, but I'm totally getting sucked by these.
    I think they're so awesome, I may quit the hobby. It's not gonna get better than this, and I can't even get this.

So sad.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Dirge actually looks like the best one to me. They did a nice job on these.

This is seriously the best Transformers line (in general) in a long while and it outdoes G1 that it's trying to be nostalgic for.

Much, or probably all of the Classics line is the best / most perfect line for Transformers that they've ever done. It could and should go on or return after the movie madness as made its impact.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I love the way they look. I will never be able to get them. And that makes me sad.

Hasbro could've done something less... high-demand for Botcon.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by seanmcfripp View Post

I've never gotten caught up in the hype that surrounds exclusives, but I'm totally getting sucked in by these.
    It annoys me that these Seekers, which would have sold well on the pegs, got relegated to being extremely expensive Botcon exclusives. Thrust looks so cool with those new wings, I would have loved to see that on shelves. Dirge is, as you said, a repaint of Ramjet and it's totally inaccurate to the G1 figure's wings (which don't have tails at all, and the tips fold up). If nothing else, Thundercrackah and Thrust would have gone a long way to carry Classics into wave 4 and 5.

Botcon exclusives are usually far more exotic too, coming from sources that either they had made up or are incredibly arcane, so to go this route feels like a real slap in the face.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

*sigh sigh*

i would've definitely bought all 3 of the seekers were they regular releases in the classics line.