Page 198 of 595 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 5944
    I just got home with Masterpiece Megatron from my comic book shop. He's unaltered (yaaay!). I'd told the store owner that I only planned to come in and LOOK when he first got them (he had at least 4-6 unaltered Megs there, straight from Japan).

Well, he was screaming "buy me!" and it was just overwhelming. I lasted 10 -15 minutes before I caved in and bought him though. I need to reserve some pride and post that. 10 -15 minutes.

While I was there, 3 other people were admiring him and 1 nearly buckled and bought the next one.

Then when I got him home and was riding the elevator in my complex building, another guy and this chick saw him in my bag and admired him and the guy wanted to know where he could go and get one - and he seemed set on a plan to go and do that tomorrow morning. They're going to sell out fast I imagine! (Guys that don't even own any Transformers want this one!)

OK, talk about peer pressure to buy and then positive reinforcement to enjoy my purchase!

Now, I've been forewarned, and I don't want to display or fidget with an oversized gun anyway, so I have no plans to ever transform this guy. He's a poseable action figure as far as I'm concerned. I haven't even opened him yet - but I get worn out running around pretty easily these days, so it's comfortable to settle down and type for a while.

ChaddyMac, I need to join you at the table for the Megatron fan club! As to your comment about the Seekers, yes they are cool if you're using them with Minibots, as that's about the correct scale without size changes, but I don't know how bent out of shape I'd be with the BotCon exclusive idea. They'll probably wind up on HasbroToyShop.

In any case, now since I've caved in on MPE Megatron, I might run around and buy the Classics (they are so good) so should I ever join the complaining about the Seeker availability question, you guys have now seen it coming.

I have become a hypocrite at last!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

How much did you drop on it?

I cannot imagine buying ANY transformer and never transforming it even once.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    How much did you drop on it?
    He cost me $123 after tax. I bought him there also because I like Ed and the girls (including his Japanese wife) that own and work in my comic book shop. It's fun to hang out there, so I was glad to give him my business, as I usually spend $3.22 a week there - and not every week -for my Star Wars comics and that's it.

Next, I paid $97.12 for Starscream, shipped from Japan. That's $26 less, granted, but Megatron was unaltered and I didn't have to take any chances with customs. I saw a rumor posted on TFW2005 that eBay closed all the auctions for unaltered Megatrons because they didn't comply with USA toy gun restrictions (orange plugs). Others that shipped these with them, had either loose plugs added that were easily removed, or they were glued in, as an attempt to permanently affix them. Mine has no such glue residue or orange paint scrapings in the barrel.

I actually got to open him and examine him before I bought him because Ed is so cool with his regular customers in his store.

As I said, while I was there, at least 3 other people coming in for comics, anime, or anything else, completely reversed their course and started making plans in their minds to buy one. I bet he sells the other 5 he got by the end of today. The guy in my elevator when I came home saw Megatron and wanted one. I have no doubt that guy probably bought his from Ed this morning. In fact, Ed was contemplating taking one off the market and keeping it for himself.

I think several of the people who wanted him do not own a single Transformer!

Now there are some things that might disappoint them once they buy:

I cannot imagine buying ANY transformer and never transforming it even once.
    I will not break him and likely cannot replace him. I want to now move on my focus towards getting MPE Skywarp as there exists no other Transformer that I'm currently aware I want (I have no plans to buy the movie products, and while the Seekers are tempting from Classics, I'll somehow manage to live without them and preserve free space in my living area - I know I have couches, 2 beds, a desk, kitchen table, etc. in here somewhere.... )

A lot of people elsewhere are going to break MPE Megatron and Starscream both. I don't look at them as toys, but more like SideShow Premium Formats or Attikus Statues, etc. (Starscream ships as a jet though, so 1 transformation is necessary and quite fun to figure out and admire the ingeniousness of their design). Oh, while I haven't attempted Megatron - his instruction book is so thick it's as if Microsoft included it as a supplement to Windows

Anyway, finally I'll restate: what the heck do I need a handgun that's larger than my MPE Prime or my Alternators (in either mode) for? I don't like the size changes any more, but they are a part of G1 tradition, nevertheless. That being said, I'd probably buy a 1980's Soundwave or Shockwave if they did them for this collection. To be honest, a straight repaint of the G1 Soundwave would probably work fine for the MPE scale, the Laserbeak tape, too. I might try to hunt one down on eBay. I think the original G1 Soundwave would be (as a robot) comparable to MPE Starscream and work nicely. Imagine the vintage Laserbeak sitting on MPE Megatron's arm!

I only want certain Transformers made now - for me, it'll be a small collection:

Vintage Soundwave
    Vintage Shockwave (I guess)
    MPE Blackout w. scale Scorponok
    MPE Brawl
    MPE BoneCrusher
    Deluxe Alternator Irohide
    Deluxe Alternator Ratchet
    Alternator BumbleBee
    Alternator Barricade with Frenzy
    MPE Skywarp (coming)
    MPE Thundercracker
    MPE Ramjet (I'd like them to start using a new sculpt / type of jet for the 2nd wave)
    MPE Dirge
    MPE Thrust
    MPE Ultra Magnus, with Super-Articulated body armor for traditional look
    MPE Springer - triple changer, new real car mode, detailed helicopter
    MPE Blitzwing
    MPE Astrotrain - very large
    Alternator Hot Rod - real car type. Ferrari F-40?
    Alernator Blurr - real car type. Lamborghini?
    Alternator Kup - real truck type (pickup obviously)
    MPE Grimlock - I guess (make El Chuxter very happy)
    Alternator Arcee - hmmm? Must she be pink? I dunno here.
    Alternator Wreck-Gar - real motorcycle (Harley?)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I will not break him and likely cannot replace him.
    And that's why I don't want to buy imports like this, if I cannot fully enjoy the figure, what's the point of spending that much? They're not the perfection of a statue, they have obvious seams and unattractive joints that keep them in toy status.

Anyway, finally I'll restate: what the heck do I need a handgun that's larger than my MPE Prime or my Alternators (in either mode) for?
    Think of it like a Master Replicas version of Megatron scaling himself to Starscream's hand.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    And that's why I don't want to buy imports like this, if I cannot fully enjoy the figure, what's the point of spending that much? They're not the perfection of a statue, they have obvious seams and unattractive joints that keep them in toy status.
    Hehe. We hardly ever agree about anything to do with Transformers, don't we JT? Such is the case again...

Since I am not going to be collecting Transformers statues, the figures I do select for my Autobot / Decepticon battle diorama serve as my statues. It's cool that they actually ARE Transformers even if I am not transforming 2 of them (Starscream and Megatron). The rest function well of course, as you probably know, owning some Alts yourself as you may, as well as 20th Anniversary Prime (I'm guessing - I mean who could pass on the best Transformer ever made?)

Think of it like a Master Replicas version of Megatron scaling himself to Starscream's hand.
    I already have a version of Megatron in gun mode, scaled to Starscream's hand. It came with 20th Anniv. Prime. However, if that could transform, he'd be 1 inch tall (if that)!

If he were scaled to the "real" Starscream, like MR sabers are "real scale," his gun mode would be the size of a car and it would require 2-3 humans to even lift him.

And of course, if he transformed into a real robot, he'd be something like 40-50 ft. tall.

Hehe. We hardly ever agree about anything to do with Transformers, don't we JT? Such is the case again...
    Only because you're wrong and you stand for everything that has hampered Transformers for the past decade.

If he were scaled to the "real" Starscream, like MR sabers are "real scale," his gun mode would be the size of a car and it would require 2-3 humans to even lift him.
    "Scaled Replica".

Well I got a mint-in-box, unaltered, new Megatron for final cost of $123.90. People have asked me what I paid and then said I got a good price (such was commentary I got at TFW2005). So I guess I did alright. I might be scared to transform him, but I love having him posed in my diorama.

BTW, my toy connection buddy that stocks at Wal-Mart got him and did attempt to transform him and reports that he has had difficulty getting the triggers to lock into position on the gun mode. Obviously I can't relate to the experience, but I enjoy missing that particular frustration.

We both agree that we'll buy MPE 06 Skywarp and keep him as a jet.

TF Classics are starting to clearance at Target or at least at one store that i visited. Deluxes were down to $6 and change, Minicons $4something and Voyager Prime was around $13, i believe.

Well I got a mint-in-box, unaltered, new Megatron for final cost of $123.90. People have asked me what I paid and then said I got a good price (such was commentary I got at TFW2005). So I guess I did alright. I might be scared to transform him, but I love having him posed in my diorama.

BTW, my toy connection buddy that stocks at Wal-Mart got him and did attempt to transform him and reports that he has had difficulty getting the triggers to lock into position on the gun mode. Obviously I can't relate to the experience, but I enjoy missing that particular frustration.

We both agree that we'll buy MPE 06 Skywarp and keep him as a jet.
    IMO, you should take the risk, you should experience the toy fully, you should know what it can do, especially since you could always sell a broken one on ebay for probably half what you paid and buy another one.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    TF Classics are starting to clearance at Target or at least at one store that i visited. Deluxes were down to $6 and change, Minicons $4something and Voyager Prime was around $13, i believe.
    Yeah, I saw that at Target as well, can't believe I forgot to mention it, I was tempted by $13 prime which is silly since I already have him and Ultra Mag.

Robot Heroes!!

Ravage being packed with Optimus is weird, but he's so darned cute!

It looks like Hasbro lost the rights to the name "Shrapnel," too.

My only complaint would be that those who were released as Titaniums are in the sasme poses.
    Tommy, close your eyes.