Page 202 of 585 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 5850
    Hm, haven't seen them in my area yet. The only ones I really want to get my hands on are the real gear ones. There's a few deluxes I want, and the two voyagers I want are not in the first wave so I'm not in a big rush. I work at Target anyways so I'll get them soon enough.

Pictures of the 7" Unleashed Optimus Prime have surfaced. I'm actually not linking to them or posting them because I don't like them. Go to TFW2005 if you want to view it. I'm actively trying to ignore that it exists.

I posted over there what I finally found hit the nail on the head: The new design of Prime has G1.5 written into it: the flames are like Rodimus and the head with the face shown beneath the mouthguard is like Ultra Magnus. I am not so much a fan of these characters. OPTIMUS PRIME is the hero figure of Transformers, and his G1 Cartoon vision is what I subscribed to. Yeah, I know he's been re-imagined etc. but I can't help my tastes being for what I like. I've argued that to some extent prejudice, or at least preference is natural. We can't help our feelings. My feelings as they pertain to Transformers is that I specifically appreciate G1 Optimus Prime.

Michael Bay has helped oversee the wounding of that which I love - possibly its destruction. I'll wait until July 4th or shortly thereafter to declare that as I don't know the answer as of yet.

But here I've written a review for a piece I refuse to post or link to a picture of. There is something not right there, don't you think?

Anyway, it's getting to a point where I'd mark 2007 Transformer pictures (Alt Ravage and MPE Megatron excluded of course) as offensive images and I'd vote for suspension of forumites posting them!

In fact, I recommend we make a "2007 Transformers Pit" forum like the Rancor Pit, so that objectionable material that some people might find offensive is kept out of the regular Transformers forum!

Photoshopped pictures of Michael Bay being dismembered will be acceptable for the general audience however. If you want to add flames, images of him being set on fire should also be acceptable. However, any image of Michael Bay and an Academy Award in the same picture will get a forumite permanently banned!

These kinds of products and the abuse of Optimus Prime should not be tolerated. If Muslims can riot over images of Mohammed, why must Transformer fans be well-behaved?

This morning, at about this time, the big Transformers building-sized poster thing is going on with the tours of Sector-7 mobile command or something. For an encore, they should toss Michael Bay off of that building with a rope around his neck! I'd have driven up to see that.

Just maybe, I'll be proven wrong July 4th. I hope so. But there are days....
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

i don't know if we need to go to that extent, Tycho...

However, we should find it objectionable that the Big H is even making Unleashed TF's in the first place. if you had a choice between TF's that could actually transform or this preposed robot with the vehicle on the other side of a plastic base separated by flames, which one would you want?

wake me up when the Robot Heroes line comes out b/c i'll actually want those.

You know, I'm a fan of the Galactic Heroes line and love the little Star Wars guys. But the Transformers ones (Robot Heroes) do not look that cute.

I like the look of "Lil Formers" - the fan-made comic featured on TFW2005. That's how Hasbro should have done Robot Heroes if you ask me.

Next, as far as the Unleashed goes: they won't do more 7" new Star Wars like Qui-Gon and Lando, or cool options like a Royal Guard or Gamorrean, but they'll make 7" Transformers from the badly designed movie incarnations? OKaaaay. What's wrong with that picture?

I love Transformers (tranlation: I love an old cartoon from the 1980's) and I love the 13 select Transformer toys I own (very select as I own everything I actually want).

But Transformers does not have as large of audience as Star Wars. The only reason TFW2005 has more registered members than our Star Wars site is because there are a lot of big Star Wars sites to choose from: SSG, Rebelscum, GalacticHunter, YakFace, TheForce.Net, and so on, not to mention the Official Site has forums and so forth. Transformers has ultimately less locations so the fandom is more concentrated - presumably 18,000 in one place! (that's big - but again it's in one place).

This movie might blow Transformers up as big as Star Wars, but I doubt it. SW was directed by one man - it's visionary (Lucas) who pulled together a team with the likes of McQuarrie, Johnstone, Burt, Tippet, Oz, Kirshner, Ford, etc. He created and directed a lot of it.

Michael Bay was not even a Transformers fan. He seized an opportunity to raid a ready-made franchise for himself. And Spielberg, as talented as he can be, did the same. I don't think Transformers was on these guys' consciousness before. As far as Spielberg? Michael Crichton created Jurassic Park.

Furthermore, Peter Jackson did not create Lord of the Rings, and Sam Raimi did not create Spider-Man.

There is no comparison to Star Wars - but Hasbro is running the Transformers franchise in the same established pattern as they'd ultimately refined it for ROTS. That's why I'm going on about Transformers vs. Star Wars. Unleashed, Robot Heroes....they used to make PlaysKool products for Transformers like the JediForce (Rescue Heroes) stuff - I'm sure that will come back. Optimash Prime is already enroute (Potato Heads). I can't wait for M&Ms to jump on this and start advertising "transforms in your mouth, not in your hands."

I bought my stock in Hasbro and I've done VERY well with it actually, as I bought when it sold for cheap during a sales slump and I've held on for a good ride. I'm not jinxying myself by posting negative stuff about the products. First, Hasbro's direct customers are Target, Wal-Mart, TRU etc. and they're the ones who believe this line is going to be the next Star Wars. Fine. Let them buy. It makes me money. But ultimately, they might be being sold a lemon as I don't think consumers will respond to this as well as they did for Star Wars in 2005.

The trick with the stock market is to buy low and sell high. I think I've got it figured out for Hasbro and I know what I'll be doing with my shares.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Anyway, I'll be interested to read what you write for a review on ActionFigs on the Leader Class Prime. Here's the challenge: CONVINCE ME to buy it. As it stands, I'm not planning on purchasing movie figures.
    I'm not sure what your criteria is, I mean you buy crap like Alternators Ravage, so anything's possible. I suspect this actually would be up your alley if it weren't THIS character - if this guy was named "Trucksimus Nova" or something you'd be more likely to buy him.

Anyway, I'm going to be shooting him later today and then write up my review, so either tonight or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    i would go to that event but then i'd be late for work.
    Yeah, I dunno what they were thinking with this, 1 day's advance notice, Thursday early morning right when everybody has to be going to work and kids are at school - great call, way to use those resources wisely. I came SO close to going to cover it for AF, but my neighbors caused me to not sleep until 5am so I didn't go - and apparently I was spared a waste of time, the figure was a regular protoform, the show was dumb, no photos, nothing else going on: http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=189&itemid=11057

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Hm, haven't seen them in my area yet. The only ones I really want to get my hands on are the real gear ones. There's a few deluxes I want, and the two voyagers I want are not in the first wave so I'm not in a big rush. I work at Target anyways so I'll get them soon enough.
    Yeah, Real Gear is the line I'm most excited about at this point, I'm not sure what I'll get from the regular line but when I see the Real Gear I'll definitely buy 'em.

Pictures of the 7" Unleashed Optimus Prime have surfaced. I'm actually not linking to them or posting them because I don't like them. Go to TFW2005 if you want to view it. I'm actively trying to ignore that it exists.
    http://tformers.com/First-Look-at-Tr...7589/news.html
    Oh man, I couldn't believe that, so funny, and you can tell he's kinda small based on the size of the base and the fact that the back has vehicle mode. The vehicle mode on the back thing isn't that bad an idea for an Unleashed, but the concept as a whole is just pathetic, and they should have waited for the final version of the CG character because this isn't a representation of it!

Oh, and check this out, this auction shows how much is gray, it's way too much: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280113592384
    (I attached a copy because auction will eventually go away)

Anyway, it's getting to a point where I'd mark 2007 Transformer pictures (Alt Ravage and MPE Megatron excluded of course) as offensive images and I'd vote for suspension of forumites posting them!
    That's really funny!

In fact, I recommend we make a "2007 Transformers Pit" forum like the Rancor Pit, so that objectionable material that some people might find offensive is kept out of the regular Transformers forum!
    A friend of mine was super gung-ho about this movie, and he kept chugging through all the negative stuff, eroding a little at a time but standing steadfast that it'll work, then they showed Optimus' ridiculous mouth and immediately he switched to boycott mode.

This morning, at about this time, the big Transformers building-sized poster thing is going on with the tours of Sector-7 mobile command or something. For an encore, they should toss Michael Bay off of that building with a rope around his neck! I'd have driven up to see that.
    The rope would just give him a chance to survive, if you do it without the rope though, it's a 30-story building...

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    i don't know if we need to go to that extent, Tycho...

However, we should find it objectionable that the Big H is even making Unleashed TF's in the first place. if you had a choice between TF's that could actually transform or this preposed robot with the vehicle on the other side of a plastic base separated by flames, which one would you want?
    That's what we said about the SW Unleashed and that crap has a strong fan following now. That's the audience Hasbro wants, "adult" fans who don't transform figures but want small plastic representations in "cool" styling of the characters. If it had been G1 as a lead-in to it, I bet it would have worked too.

wake me up when the Robot Heroes line comes out b/c i'll actually want those.
    They've been sighted.

You know, I'm a fan of the Galactic Heroes line and love the little Star Wars guys. But the Transformers ones (Robot Heroes) do not look that cute.
    TOTALLY agree!

Next, as far as the Unleashed goes: they won't do more 7" new Star Wars like Qui-Gon and Lando, or cool options like a Royal Guard or Gamorrean, but they'll make 7" Transformers from the badly designed movie incarnations? OKaaaay. What's wrong with that picture?
    There's a movie to offset risks, the audience will be growing fast and with them the number of casual consumers goes up too, they're the percentage is likely to buy this crap. SW has no movie and its casual consumers numbers go down because of a lack of exposure.

Plus, and I hate to use this, but Hasbro doesn't have to pay licensing so the risks are offset by higher profits - Hasbro said the SW Unleashed didn't continue only because there wasn't money in it, likely that's because some of the profits went to Lucas instead of Hasbro.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20070507041853_1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	15396  
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    then they showed Optimus' ridiculous mouth and immediately he switched to boycott mode.
    I think he's got a purdy mouth! ("Trucksimus Nova" is very funny.)
    plasticfetish.net

El Chuxter - you will understand. I'd like to report JediTricks for posting the offensive image above!

It made me cringe and unduly educated me about the pitfalls of ruthless capitalism practiced by Hasbro.

Look at their unsavory behavior - buying out all of George Lucas' stock because they're planning to dump Star Wars in favor of trying to make all their own money on crap like this!

Look at their unsavory behavior - buying out all of George Lucas' stock because they're planning to dump Star Wars in favor of trying to make all their own money on crap like this!
    That would make sense if Takara-Tomy didn't still own the Transfomers brand...
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post

Doesn't Hasbro Co-Own it?

I thought it went like this: Takara made transforming robots for the Japanese market.

Hasbro and Tomy partnered, helping Tomy compete in Japan and emerge in the United States.

Hasbro invented names and characters for the robots and authorized a cartoon show. "Transformers" became a copy-righted property and "big red truck that turns into a robot" became the Autobot Leader Optimus Prime with a fictional history that establishes Orion Pax, etc.

Even if it is a co-owned property, so is Star Wars. Buying out Lucas' toy shares of Star Wars (not his licensing rights mind you) brings Hasbro one step closer to owning all of it that they can.

Another thing to consider that I didn't think of, is that Lucas might have floated Hasbro a lot of cash to keep them stable between the E1 fiasco and slumping sales as E2 wavered. Remember that E3 was the far most successful prequel for the toy line? I think TPM made more money all around, but that was because it drew in even the curious before they knew what to expect, and the retailers over-bought it to the extreme.

I think he's got a purdy mouth!
    Well, that's disturbing.

("Trucksimus Nova" is very funny.)
    Thanks! I actually wasn't sure about it and went back and forth on what to do there a few times before committing. See how much I anguish over little offhand comments yet blast through huge databursts (posts, editorials, etc.) and such without a second thought?

That makes no sense, by buying Lucas' stock back into the company, they will be $200 mil poorer and thus have LESS capital to take those kinds of risks.

They only co-own it, Hasbro has a lot of power and control over the brand, it's an in-house brand as far as they're concerned, they have a weird little agreement. Tomy (as TakaraTomy is known in the US) licenses the concept and general G1 likenesses to Hasbro, I believe, but Hasbro owns the names and brand and a lot more.

Even if it is a co-owned property, so is Star Wars. Buying out Lucas' toy shares of Star Wars (not his licensing rights mind you) brings Hasbro one step closer to owning all of it that they can.
    That's so incorrect it's scary, SW brand is totally owned by Lucas, Lucas could pull up stakes at the end of their contract in 2018 and take the tooling from Hasbro to Mattel or anybody else if he wanted. That's exactly what DC did with Batman, the tooling Kenner and then Hasbro made for the Batman license went back into production under Mattel, and some still is flowing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.