Page 204 of 580 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 5799
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    A quick preview, my review goes up later today
    NICE photos JT!

So, I like what I'm seeing. Is this going to be the figure (line?) that get me excited about Transformers again?
    plasticfetish.net

Well, I found movie Swindle (the packaging explains he's from the movie game, not the movie) at Target and bought him. It's kind of weird and ugly, the camera head and chest are weird (the chest is really an extending cannon), huge boots, doors and roof/windshield are all kibble. I'm not really sure what to make of this weird thing really, if the paint and plastic lined up better I'd probably have more positive to say off the bat, and the red with trans smoke plastic doesn't match for crap. I dunno here, I'll have more to say on him tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Wow! It looks like you should like him and it will be a very positive review.
    Yup, that is indeed the case.

Nice photography work, too. I'm impressed. Are you turning over a new leaf, JT?
    Thanks, it's not that I'm turning over a new leaf, it's that I was able to use some photography equipment for once, I had to shoot over there though, it took a long time so it's not something I plan on doing on a daily basis.

By the way, ( ) , notice how Masterpiece O1 Prime is not featured in these photographs, so the movie Optimus can actually look good. ( )
    It's a totally unrelated item, different cost, different KIND of toy, different everything. I chose to include the previous Leader-class Optimus instead, since it's among my favorite Primes and was close-by and happens to be the last $40 OP as well. I did accidentally mistransform the alt-mode on that figure which is a little embarrassing (I forgot the side windows).

I don't know if a comparison of Primes will be part of JTs review. But this does look like a great figure. I'd definitely want one if not for MPE 01 - and the pics are helping me want one in spite of MPE 01.
    No, I decided to judge this on its own merits, I only included the Cybertron OP for size comparison. I think you'll probably want to get this figure, don't worry about hurting 20th Prime's feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    He looks allright, not sure I'm willing to part with 40 bucks for him at this point though. I still like the voyager one better, even if its not as accurate.
    I don't like how much kibble that thing is sporting, and I just don't like the overall detailing on him, the head and chest and legs. The Leader one seems a lot better to me, though no cool shotguns - I doubt I'll buy the Voyager.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    NICE photos JT!

So, I like what I'm seeing. Is this going to be the figure (line?) that get me excited about Transformers again?
    Thanks, especially coming from mr. database.

I dunno if he'll do that, but I did mention something similar in my review about it salvaging my waning TF interest.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ok, the review is up.

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?...articleid=1306

BTW, I added the 2 videos I took showing off the electronic features, I had to reshoot them because the first time I took them, the harder photography lights washed out the LEDs (Prime's eyes didn't show at all) which is a tragedy because the originals had almost no noise and these reshoots are super noisy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Nice review and pics, JT. Also nice to see Prime transformed properly and consistently throughout the photo shoot. Seems like most of the other site reviewers who rushed up their galleries of Prime had him changing ever so slightly as they were posing him (toes flipped out one pic, but not in the next, or rear wheels hanging off hips in one pic, then properly connected in the next). I also like that you used the proper elbow joint for the arms. The other sites all seem to be using the upper joint around the bicep area as the elbow, which gives the appearance of overly long forearms.

I'll be honest, I really like most of what I see for the movie line. All of the Autobots look pretty sweet, and I especially like that they're fairly close in scale with each other. The '08 Camaro BB which popped up on Ebay recently looks particularly nice with transparent windows and a cool arm cannon that changes to a sword type thingy. I'm a little disappointed that the scales of the Decepticons are going to be all over the place. I'm not saying I want Starscream to be perfectly scaled with the Autobots, but I would like his jet mode to be at least a little bigger than Ratchet's Hummer. I like that Brawl is getting the Leader class treatment, and I'm encouraged by a little news tidbit on Seibertron.com stating Takara may release a Leader SS and Voyager Bonecrusher, which at least shows that Takara and/or Hasbro is taking the scale thing into consideration. I know it's not realistic for Hasbro to release all their baddies at the higher price points, but if I had my way, I'd like to have seen this:

Voyager:
    Bonecrusher
    Brawl

Leader:
    Megatron
    Starscream
    Blackout

This way, the tank and Buffalo would be at least as big as a Hummer and Top Kick, and the Raptor and Pave Low would be bigger than everything else, except Prime's truck, which I can live with just fine. Then release all the wierd video game characters you want at the Deluxe pricepoint (which they're already going to do from what it looks like).

I can't wait for June 2nd. Let me re-phrase that: I can't wait 'til my local Target gets the movie toys in and I can trick an associate into bringing them out for me, hopefully prior to June 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by seanmcfripp View Post
    I can't wait for June 2nd. Let me re-phrase that: I can't wait 'til my local Target gets the movie toys in and I can trick an associate into bringing them out for me, hopefully prior to June 2nd.

If you feel like possibily getting some poor guy/girl fired..

Hasbro has OFFICIALLY lifted the street date on DELUXE movie figures. Looks like I'll be picking some up at work on Thursday.

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/d...4B1BE01FE35448

Also, here is Remy's gallery for "Robo-vision" Optimus Prime, which is the voyager one with different paint apps. It's also the one I'm going to pick up.

Guess it would help if I posted a link!

http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=album&al...lection/act442

What Hasbro officially said is they were lifting the street date on movie figures with the letters X, Q, T, Y, and Z in their names.

Characters with 1,7,or 9 in their serial numbers may also be stocked.

If the packaging could be considered maroon in color, you may stock it. If it is red, then it must be reserved for June 2nd.

If the shipping container the toys arrive in opens from right to left, its contents might be immediately stocked for sale. If it opens from left to right, you have to wait unti 12:36:09 on June 2nd before you can bring this stuff out from the backroom.

Any employee chewing gum may not handle the Transformers. However, an employee with epilepsy who enjoys pistacchio ice cream may stock any movie item they see fit to.

People who have pets at home will not be allowed to purchase Transformers until June 2nd, except for people who have lizards or fish. The registers must be programmed to reject the sales of Transformers to anyone also purchasing dog food.

You must also park your car near the lawn and garden entrance to Target, as only the registers at those exits will be programmed to sell Voyager or Leader Class Autobots or Decepticons.

When checking out with Transformer purchases, customers must declare their allegiance to the Autobots or the Decepticons. People who say they identify with the Autobots, must not be sold any "Real Gear" items.

Customers must demonstrate proficiency at singing the Transformers theme song if they are to be allowed to make purchases before June 2nd. Please broadcast their performance on the store's PA system.

These are just some of the rules. Please explain them correctly!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

More thoughts on Swindle: still weird, and alt mode goes from good to bad with soft sculpting all the way. Bot mode suffers badly from camera-headed neck not telescoping up at all so it gets lost in the torso. Also, red color eats detailing and doesn't match up well with red paint, and translucent smoke plastic is INCREDIBLY BORING. Transformation is good at pretending it's not very basic even though it is, but ultimately it could have had more. Chest cannon is blah and points down slightly. Some good ideas in here but could have been way better, and the neck & deco doom is.

Movie-styled Arcee, she's totally awful: http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-mov...QQcmdZViewItem
    I could almost forgive the bleh body design, even almost forgive the kibble wheel halves, even maybe that ridiculous color, but that ugly as sin head... what the f-???

Quote Originally Posted by seanmcfripp
    Nice review and pics, JT. Also nice to see Prime transformed properly and consistently throughout the photo shoot. Seems like most of the other site reviewers who rushed up their galleries of Prime had him changing ever so slightly as they were posing him (toes flipped out one pic, but not in the next, or rear wheels hanging off hips in one pic, then properly connected in the next). I also like that you used the proper elbow joint for the arms. The other sites all seem to be using the upper joint around the bicep area as the elbow, which gives the appearance of overly long forearms.
    Thanks, I appreciate that you noticed. I tried to keep it consistent by shooting in the order I wanted it to be seen, that way I wouldn't have to keep transforming it back and forth and end up missing the aforementioned toes (easy to miss if you aren't into that transforming part like I am ) or the shoulderpads, or even the waist positioning (it folds down and back for transformation). The rear wheels on the back of the thighs is a toughy because they don't really want to let you move the knee joints, they want to fight and pop out, they fold back 90 degrees in the middle but it's not a perfect solution.

As for using the elbow joints, I actually tried to use both in concert, I think of the middle part of the arm as a large elbow rather than a bicep and forearm. It's funny, on a TF forums I visit, someone criticized my photos for not using that top elbow joint enough. I agree with you though, we have plenty of forearm on this thing, so why make that longer with the only elbow be up near the armpit? Plus, the upper elbow joint is much tighter than the lower one, the lower one WANTS to be used. But since the swivel articulation is in between them, you sometimes have to use only 1 elbow or another depending on the type of rotation you want to get (I prefer mid-bicep rotation so the lower elbow was a must).

I'll be honest, I really like most of what I see for the movie line. All of the Autobots look pretty sweet, and I especially like that they're fairly close in scale with each other. The '08 Camaro BB which popped up on Ebay recently looks particularly nice with transparent windows and a cool arm cannon that changes to a sword type thingy.
    Yeah, I like the looks of more than I expected to in this line, though I'm still not sold on any of them till I see 'em in person. I just saw that '08 BB today and it's WAY better than the '76 version, not just because the car is cooler but they used it much better than that '76 BB.

I'm a little disappointed that the scales of the Decepticons are going to be all over the place. I'm not saying I want Starscream to be perfectly scaled with the Autobots, but I would like his jet mode to be at least a little bigger than Ratchet's Hummer.
    I know what you mean, that is what the Ultra class should have been for, the $25 size makes a big difference from the $20 size, anybody who owns Cybertron Defense Red Alert and CD Scattorshot from the Cybertron line can attest to that - both great figures, but very different sizes even though they're only $5 different.

Also, here is Remy's gallery for "Robo-vision" Optimus Prime, which is the voyager one with different paint apps. It's also the one I'm going to pick up.

Guess it would help if I posted a link!

http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=album&al...lection/act442
    The paint is noticeably superior, if I were to get this figure that would absolutely be the version I got. I just don't like how the robot looks though, the big eyes and narrow mouthplate are a big turnoff, and the kibble ain't helping.

If you feel like possibily getting some poor guy/girl fired..
    Ok, I guess Adam is trying to make me feel bad here. Maybe someone can clear up this whole street date thing for me once and for all. What exactly are the consequences of "breaking" a street date, specifically in the toy industry? Are people really getting fired over this? Is Hasbro really in a position to penalize or sanction a retailer for selling something early?

Oh, and JT, a question about movie Prime: Does the arm cannon "flip-out" design seem to work as intended? Let me clarify: you have two basic positions you want the cannon to be in, one being the retracted, unarmed position, and the other being the extended, armed position. Between the two, in theory, you have 180 degrees of movement, right? Well from what I've noticed in pictures on some of the other reviewers' sites, the cannon never quite makes it all the way in either position. For the retracted position, the cannon should be parallel and flush against the forearm, but I'm not seeing that in most pictures. Looks like it even happens on yours too:

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showpho...13739&cat=2424

Instead of going the full 180, it stops just short at like 177. Now in the extended "armed" position, as far as I can tell everything looks ok on yours:

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showpho...13725&cat=2424

The cannon and forearm make a nice clean line.

I know with sprocket and gear designs like this that they have to be installed a certain way for them to work properly. There are basically two ways to orient a sprocket while it's being installed: tooth (male) exactly due north, or a groove (female) exactly due north. Just that little change in orientation is enough to throw off the whole system (all you engineers, mathematicians, or to a lesser degree, anyone who's ever worked with LEGO Technic stuff knows what I'm talking about). Whenever I encounter toys with simple gear and sprocket designs like this, one is likely to be muffed up every now and again. Seems like it also happens with ratchet joints on TFs more than I care to see.

Anyway, if movie Prime is messed up, I'd like to be able to fix it. JT, do you see any way to easily remove the lower forearm panel to get to the gear assembly? It's a simple recalibration on most toys, the problem is getting to the gears without destroying the toy.

I don't know how it is at other stores, but I know at Target, an employee can be fired for selling product out of the back that is street dated. I assume that is typically for thinks like electronics like DVD's, games, games systems and the like. I've never heard of someone being fired for breaking street date on toys, but we also don't get that a whole lot so its not out of the question.

Wasn't really trying to make you feel bad, sorry 'bout that.