Page 207 of 578 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 5779
    I saw Blackout and Jazz at a KB over the weekend, if anyone still gives a carp about these.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Anyone collecting the Transformers Robot Heroes should know that Wal-Mart's going to have an exclusive 5-Pack of Repaints. It comes with Metallic versions of Optimus and Megatron, a Hologram version of Mirage, Skywarp (repainted Starscream), and Cliffjumper (repainted Bumblebee). Pretty cool set if you're getting these. Just thought I'd pass it along.

http://hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=p...oduct_id=20193

Thanks for the info Beast.

I am really liking the look of the titaniums also. I'll definately get some of those tomorrow morning.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

The metallic Robot Heroes set looks pretty good...too bad my local WM's won't get them in as they never seem to get in any of the exclusives.

Just got back from making a walmart and target run...neither store had any of the figs out, but I did get the prime/ravage rh 2 pack. I will check back later at another walmart, guess I was there too early for them
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

I went to Wal-Mart to check them out. They'd stocked everything by the time I arrived - about 4am. (No new Star Wars had come in though).

Here are my thoughts: I liked the non-Transforming Cyber-Stomper big talking toys for the kids the best. I love how it shouts: "I am OPTIMUS PRIME!" I talked along with it while passing employees thought I was crazy. But a girl who was stocking came by and joined me and together we were saying (in unison with Prime): "Autobots: transform and roll out!" And we played with the Voice Changer helmet too - which sounds even LESS like Peter Cullen (that man IS Optimus Prime)!

Anyway, I like stuff being to scale with each other and not having a lot of kibble.

Barely OK in size:

Leader Optimus Prime
    BumbleBee
    Jazz
    Ironhide
    Ratchet
    Barricade

- you could buy all of the above and have a fairly in-scale collection.

Needing Leader Class Size or even a Deluxe Leader Class size:

Megatron (no toys of him were present btw - the only one missing)
    Starscream
    Blackout w/ Scorponok
    Brawl
    BoneCrusher

- It might be possible to buy the above toys and get MiniCons of Jazz, BumbleBee, Ratchet, Ironhide to go with them. I'm not sure if a Voyager-size Optimus Prime (also not there) would then be appropriate. But the MiniCon figures I've seen really suck.

I like my solution better: hold on for Alternators of the Autobots and MPEs of the Decepticons or don't bother buying anything (except for stock in Hasbro because they're obviously doing well with retail stores ordering quantities like what I saw (of Spider-Man and Fantastic Four stuff (not stocked yet) as well.

All this being said, I spent 1/2 hour looking at the figures in detail. Enough so I wouldn't have to go to Target later (there's nothing they'll get in which I'll need in so far as Star Wars right now, so....)

Ironhide, Ratchet - very impressive actually. I like their look. Ironhide's kibble doesn't seem too irritating to me. I like him in black.

BumbleBee - alright. I could live with that if I hadn't seen Alternators that were better.

Jazz - he's kind of large and fat for a car, isn't he? I thought a Solstace was small?

Leader Prime? - maybe he ought to be sturdier quality. I played with him in his Try-Me packaging, but the Cyber-Stomper impressed me more.

Starscream - really pathetic kibble. This one's not cool.

Blackout - might be cool if there was a collection he was scaled to. I'd love a MPE of this character.

Brawl - too small for a deluxe. I've heard there would be a Leader (or was it Voyager Class?) figure on the horizon. This is necessary for a combat tank.

Barricade - he's pretty good except his hands or lack of, are horrible. Wal-Mart had their exclusive 2-pack vs. BumbleBee so I could see him in robot form. Barricade would be impressive but his hands ruin the figure.

BoneCrusher - never should be a Deluxe figure. He needs to be Voyager-Class at least. It's a nice design though. People who aren't concerned with a uniform scale will probably like this figure.

Scorponok - Deluxe. I didn't see him. Morbid curiousity made me slightly interested. I'd never transform him into a robot, but I wonder how his scale would match up with my Alternator cars. So purchasing him remains a possbility.

They had the Real Gear which was interesting, but not inspiring of a purchase. Equally rating were the Robot Heroes. I looked at some other stuff for kids which launched missles - Brawl was featured amongst them.

In any case, MPE Skywarp remains the only planned purchase of mine that I have for Transformers in the near future.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm planning to get Jazz & Bumblebee...the rest of the deluxes I can pass on for now.

I will also get some of those titaniums. I love the look of them, from the hasbro website at least.

Picked up a few things:

"Robovision Prime" - Not quite as shiny as I thought he'd be but still better looking than the regular voyager. Transformation was pretty easy. Although slightly back heavy, mine doesn't have standing issues. I saw the leader Prime as well, he is ok, but doesn't impress me enough to part with 40 of my dollars.

Ironhide - Don't like him as much as I thought. He is back heavy and his feet don't really lock in to place so he can easily fall backwards if not posed right. His hood peices around his head are on springs and I'm not too fond of how they rest there.

Starscream - I had heard good things about him so decided to pick him up. Kinda wished I hadn't. He is allright, but I still think he looks bland, like they took the proto and added some black in places and called it a day. I'm not sure what Tycho is talking about with kibble, one thing this figure does do nicely is fold up all the peices so that there isn't any kibble.

Longview - This is an awesome little guy, and well worth the 7 bucks.

Snapshot - Again, another neat little figure in the real gear line, although I don't like him quite as much as Longview. He doesn't have a faction symbol and although the package says he's a 'bot, I think of him as Reflector.

Booster - Laserbeak! Seriously they should have just called him that. If/when I get a MP Megs, this guy is going on his arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Picked up a few things:

Starscream - I had heard good things about him so decided to pick him up. Kinda wished I hadn't. He is allright, but I still think he looks bland, like they took the proto and added some black in places and called it a day. I'm not sure what Tycho is talking about with kibble, one thing this figure does do nicely is fold up all the peices so that there isn't any kibble.
    Kibble is usually defined as vehicle parts sticking out on the robot. Starscream is the opposite. He is a fighter jet with huge arms and legs tucked underneath him instead of streamlining into a fighter jet shape.

Booster - Laserbeak! Seriously they should have just called him that. If/when I get a MP Megs, this guy is going on his arm.
    Now that sounds cool. I'll have to take a better look for Booster the next time I'm in a toy section. I didn't see him this time, but I really didn't look through the real gear that hard.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Kibble is usually defined as vehicle parts sticking out on the robot. Starscream is the opposite. He is a fighter jet with huge arms and legs tucked underneath him instead of streamlining into a fighter jet shape.

Ah, now I get it. My thing is, once I get them out of their packages, I rarely tf them back into their alt mods, I'm far more interested in their robot forms. But you are correct about his alt mode, its certainly not the best in the line.

Picked up a couple more:

Voyager Blackout: Not as big in robot mode as I expected. I used to hate they way this guy looked untill I found out his backpack kibble was removable. Looks tons better without it.

Voyager Ratchet: I think I swore awhile back I wouldn't get this guy but release fever has me and I gave in. And I'm glad I did! He is actually my favorite of the movie figures ( not counting real gears ). Unlike Ironhide and Prime he's not back heavy. His axe looks a little lame but its still a neat feature to go with his sheild/grabberclawthing. If they end up making the classic red and white colored repaint, I'll probably refer to this guy as Brawn and disreguard that he is an emergency vehicle. :P

On a similar note, the obvious Ironhide repaint would be a red one, so I would probably refer to the black one as Trailbreaker at that point. :P