Page 210 of 591 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 5910
    Sorry for the double post.

I've done some looking, and it appears Seasons 2 and 3 of Beast Wars (as well as Beast Machines) are still in print and readily available, but Season 1 appears to be tough to find. All the sites I've seen it on have it backordered except amazon.com, which says "Usually ships in 4-6 weeks." (In my experience, that means they really don't have it.) Used copies appear to be expensive and in high demand on eBay.

Why would this be? I've read that Season 1 isn't as good as the other two seasons, but is it really that bad?

It looks like it's available from the two rental sites, but that seems just weird that the first season is unavailable but later seasons are still in production.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    No love for the Robot Heroes, JT?
    I dunno what it is, maybe because they don't transform, or maybe they just don't quite seem funny/cute enough for my tastes, but these things have consistently left me cold. I haven't gotten into the Marvel versions either though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Too bad about Ratchet, I actually like him quite a bit.
    If they have another at the store and he's on sale, I may buy him again just to give him another try. I'll mess with mine tonight before returning him.

As for Blackout, I do like him, but if you take off his backpack in robotmode, he's pretty much a deluxe figure. So its hard for me to recommend him.
    Wow, ok, that just saved me a $20 purchase, good to know! If I see him at Target on sale, I may buy anyway.

I still don't care for leader Prime.
    That's unfathomable, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Anyway, Starscream will make trouble as well. I've posted that a Transformers friend of mine from MySpace broke his Starscream's wing joints from stress fracturing due to repeated transformations. So I only changed him to a robot once and then left him as I want him posed for my battle diorama display. I like that he is a real Transformer and could change back into a jet if absolutely necessary, but mine is mint / loose and in perfect condition, so I'd rather not press my luck.

But as a toy, Hasbro is in for some complaints with breakages with this one for people who aren't so aptly warned. And it's an expensive toy to break. Mine was $97.12 total (shipped etc.) from Japan. A US version might be cheaper, but still: I wouldn't want to even waste $50 for something that'd be ruined only hours to at most days after coming out of the box.
    Hasbro doesn't release products in the US unless it can pass their significant drop testing, so my guess is either we're getting the metal version of those pieces, or they've re-engineered them with different build or materials.

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    No one is going to paying $80+ for Ultimate Bumblebee, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes marked down to 75% off at some point.
    Yeah, I really have to wonder if there's going to be a market for $90 Bee, or more specifically, who at Hasbro thought there would be.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Slightly off subject, but I realized today that, in the age of the internet, two of the biggest long-missing holes in my comic collection, "Another Time and Place" (the epilogue to the G1 comic) and "Alignment" (Furman's epilogue to G2) must be floating around online.

And so, if you've not read them:
    Another Time and Place
    Alignment

I enjoyed AT&P much more than Alignment, though both are good. Alignment did give me a new appreciation for one aspect of TF I've long ignored, which is why I'm posting here under toys (and not under comics).

The G1 comic continuity eventually becomes Beast Wars!

So I guess Cheetor and Rat-Trap really do exist. Is the whole series out on DVD?
    Yeah, didn't you know that? G1 continuity eventually evolves over many generations into BW. Starscream's indestructible spirit eventually visits 1 of the characters, and the very same G1 Ravage character causes some trouble for our Beasties.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Sorry for the double post.

I've done some looking, and it appears Seasons 2 and 3 of Beast Wars (as well as Beast Machines) are still in print and readily available, but Season 1 appears to be tough to find. All the sites I've seen it on have it backordered except amazon.com, which says "Usually ships in 4-6 weeks." (In my experience, that means they really don't have it.) Used copies appear to be expensive and in high demand on eBay.

Why would this be? I've read that Season 1 isn't as good as the other two seasons, but is it really that bad?

It looks like it's available from the two rental sites, but that seems just weird that the first season is unavailable but later seasons are still in production.
    Season 1 isn't bad at all, I think it's not around because it's more popular. Also, it was released in '03 by Rhino while the 2nd season was '04 and the 3rd season was '05, which is closer to now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, I knew the cartoon evolved into Beast Wars. I didn't know the comic evolved into it as well. Based on a little reading I've done, the descendants of the Swarm figure into BW, so the comic actually may be a better fit than the 'toon.

Season 1 might be more popular, but it doesn't explain why not a single site actually has it. Except amazon.com, who, like I said, have their typical "we're going to list this, but chances are we can't get it" page. I saw a couple of auctions for used copies that had several bids and were in excess of $70, and sellers asking $90+ on other sites.

Oh, and now I know how my favorite Dinobot commander dies. Thankfully, he makes it to the very last battle between Autobots and Decepticons, and shows the others the way to defeat a greater evil with his sacrifice.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

i picked up Robovision Optimus and BoosterX10/"Classics Laserbeak"

i've actually seen Leader class Megs at Targets though they only had one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

Hasbro doesn't release products in the US unless it can pass their significant drop testing, so my guess is either we're getting the metal version of those pieces, or they've re-engineered them with different build or materials.
    I hope so. As to MP 03, I suppose (if I had a glutton for punishment) I could drop mine and see if he breaks - and for an encore I'll then play "dodge 'em" on the freeway. But it's not a drop test, but rather the joints wearing and breaking free, and that cheap light plastic that feels like an Ertyl model kit.

Perhaps he doesn't break - I don't hear too many complaints about him at all. But once is enough to frighten me. I'm into getting a collection of the stuff I like here, not replacing the stuff I already have. You can see that attitude prevalent in me with my not wanting to buy SW figure resculpts as well.

[UPDATE]: There's a Peter Cullen variant to CyberStomping Optimus Prime! I'm going to have to get this. The first movie product I really want to buy!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

There's a Cullen variant of the voice changer helm too. Both of the "real movie voice" sticker on them.

The Wal-Mart exclusive "Robot Heroes - Decepticon Sneak Attack" 5-Pack is up on Wal-Mart.Com. In Stock. $9.96. You can even get it shipped to store for free, it appears.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5839305

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    i've actually seen Leader class Megs at Targets though they only had one of them.
    Yeah, I saw 1 of him last night at Target and another at Kmart. This figure is super plain with almost no paint and terrible bland plastic, plus an ugly face.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I hope so. As to MP 03, I suppose (if I had a glutton for punishment) I could drop mine and see if he breaks - and for an encore I'll then play "dodge 'em" on the freeway. But it's not a drop test, but rather the joints wearing and breaking free, and that cheap light plastic that feels like an Ertyl model kit.
    Drop tests accommodate the possibility of joint damage and material damage over short-term use, that stuff all fails when dropped just as it would if it broke during posing.

So, I returned Sucko the Clown, I mean Ratchet, to Target yesterday and got my money back plus money back for the sale on the 3 deluxes I found a receipt for (swindle I guess must remain my full-priced failure). All they had there was Robo-Vision Prime down to $20, I passed. I hit another Target and they had Bonecrusher and Blackout, both $2 off on sale right now, so I bought 'em.

Bonecrusher is crazy! First off, they use a STICKER for a part of his deco, when was the last time that happened?!? Second, they ship him mistransformed in vehicle mode, the bomb-scoop arm is supposed to be off to the right side of the truck, and the rear wheels are totally misaligned - this part is confusing as hell until you figure it out because the rear wheels can be transformed that way, but they pitch out to the back this way which is dopey.

His transformation is totally nutso, they added some stuff that is pretty advanced for a deluxe and nothing ends up where you think it will. The top of the truck becomes the arms, the undercarriage becomes the torso and legs, it's all very interesting once you realize their instructions are as much a hindrance as a help. I don't think there's any automorph going on here.

Bot mode is not too bad, and the tines on his can be brought to bear over his head so he's pretty tough. He's got weird proportions and no elbows, and his head sculpt is painfully simplistic. His hands fold into much longer forearms but this looks weird. He seems a little small, but very scrappy. A wild Decepticon!

Blackout's alt mode is a licensed Pave Low from Sikorsky, and fairly accurate. Some of the figure uses paint wash which works nicely, I wish the whole thing had it. The rotor blades are mistransformed in box, they hinge in the middle in 2 blocks of 3 to make each block's rotors symmetrical. There's a tiny nose wheel that folds down. The back of the chopper has a pop-open cage for the included Scorponok minion (gray plastic with cruddy black wash, spring-loaded tail to help eject him) that works well. A plunger out the back spins the rotors, they don't spin freely, and turns a peg on the underside to drive the Deluxe Scorponok figure's gimmick as well when he's attached.

Transformation has a lot of clever stuff going on, starting with the Scorpy cage rotating around the chopper tail. There's a lot of folding going on, the automorph is somewhat lame and doesn't always engage but isn't actively bad.

Bot mode, the upper half of the chopper ends up as a big backpack, the belly is the legs, the nose is the chest, the side wings the arms - it all works pretty well if you don't mind the big backpack. If you do, the backpack can be removed leaving a small $20 figure but a well-armed one since the rotor's main engine can fold down, the backpack plugged onto the shoulder, and he can hold the blades in front of him as a spinning weapon - it even has a handle! The face works surprisingly well, the only movie Decepticon I feel that way about, the black wash brings out the complex design, and his eyes have a small sculpted pattern and light-pipe red in a most effective and freaky look. The figure's not as kibbly as I expected, the shoulder missile pods can even be set behind the head which tightens things up. All in all, a real surprise win.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Why exactly are so many of you, the ones who think this movie will suck more than Slicker's Mom greeting a Navy ship on shore leave, buying all the toys?

Not trying to be a jerk. Just curious.
    Tommy, close your eyes.