Page 211 of 565 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 5648
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Why exactly are so many of you, the ones who think this movie will suck more than Slicker's Mom greeting a Navy ship on shore leave, buying all the toys?

Not trying to be a jerk. Just curious.
    I'm actually holding out hope that it will be good. I am looking forward to July 4th.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Why exactly are so many of you, the ones who think this movie will suck more than Slicker's Mom greeting a Navy ship on shore leave, buying all the toys?

ummm, the same reason why we buy prequel SW figures?

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    But the Prequels were good.

Well, I may have to get FB Jazz now. The repaint is obvious but I'm a sucker for the nostalgia.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/vbimgh...img&imgid=4000

This came from Target's robovision site, code Energon.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    That's not a bad answer. That's pretty much it really, I like Transformers toys, and the toys don't always fail the way the movie versions are failing. That Leader-class Optimus Prime is one of the best Transformers I've ever gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Well, I may have to get FB Jazz now. The repaint is obvious but I'm a sucker for the nostalgia.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/vbimgh...img&imgid=4000

This came from Target's robovision site, code Energon.
    I saw that and Screamer's retooled head to sorta look like him. Jazz didn't do it for me, I'm just not feeling that mold enough to buy it twice and I don't think the Solstice looks that good in those racing designs. Screamer I think looks pretty bad still, and the new colors seem to accent the undercarriage junk even worse now than before.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

To answer your question about "Beast Wars", season one is objectively the best written set of episodes for the series. It had more stand-alone episodes and less fan-wankery than the second the third seasons.

I cannot account for the rarity beyond what others have speculated though.

I do not think the movie will suck. I am 100% *certain* the movie will suck, based on having read the script, the prequel novel, the prequel comic, the comic adaptation and most of the novelization. (Well, there is a small chance this could all be an elaborate practical joke, with a "more than meets the eye" theme, intended to cover what will actually be a master piece. But, more likely, it will be the cinematic trainwreck of '07.)

That being said, if the late Beast era, and much of AEC taught me anything, it is that good characters=/=good toys. And, the reverse holds true.

I liked Armada Prime as a characer. I traded away the toy and have not ever missed it. I hated every episode of RiD and liked none of the characters. There is not a single RiD toy I have fiddled with that I wholly dislike. If I were going to complete a single TF line, that would be it. (Skybite is probably my least favorite, and it still looks good.) I hate every scrap of "Universe" context. Actually, a few character profiles aside, the convention context has been pretty shabby since '01 or so. But, damn if there are not some good toys. Getting back to the Beast years, I hated most of my Beast Machines toys, but the show held my interest enough for me to buy bootlegs of season 2 before it aired in the US. I really dislike most Generation 1 toys, as they were dated when they first hit US retail 20+ years ago. But, damned if I am giving up my G1 and G2 comics. (I have reprints of the originals I am selling.)

The movie designs are actually pretty good. I like Bay's design aesthetic, if nothing else about the man and his products. I like most the toys, having a few of my own, and having fiddled with some of a friend's collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme View Post
    To answer your question about "Beast Wars", season one is objectively the best written set of episodes for the series. It had more stand-alone episodes and less fan-wankery than the second the third seasons.
    Season 2 has a broader scope, but they do start getting a tad esoteric - although I'd argue they did a great job using the esoteric elements to cover up the "look, new toys to buy!!!" elements.

What parts of the overall in season 2 do you find fan-wankery? I haven't watched in a long time, so I'm remembering only the "feel" of season 2.

I do not think the movie will suck. I am 100% *certain* the movie will suck, based on having read the script, the prequel novel, the prequel comic, the comic adaptation and most of the novelization. (Well, there is a small chance this could all be an elaborate practical joke, with a "more than meets the eye" theme, intended to cover what will actually be a master piece. But, more likely, it will be the cinematic trainwreck of '07.)
    Preach on!!!

That being said, if the late Beast era, and much of AEC taught me anything, it is that good characters=/=good toys. And, the reverse holds true.
    Savage/Noble being the first toy that doesn't live up to the character in my mind, literally it was instantaneous.

Getting back to the Beast years, I hated most of my Beast Machines toys, but the show held my interest enough for me to buy bootlegs of season 2 before it aired in the US.
    Whereas I'm the opposite, I found BM to be almost unbearable but thought highly of the toys.

The movie designs are actually pretty good. I like Bay's design aesthetic, if nothing else about the man and his products. I like most the toys, having a few of my own, and having fiddled with some of a friend's collection.
    I was with you until the Bay design praise. You like the CGI bots, or do you just mean the Hasbro interpretations of them? I can understand the latter, not so much the former.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Season 2 has a broader scope, but they do start getting a tad esoteric - although I'd argue they did a great job using the esoteric elements to cover up the "look, new toys to buy!!!" elements.

What parts of the overall in season 2 do you find fan-wankery? I haven't watched in a long time, so I'm remembering only the "feel" of season 2.

Whereas I'm the opposite, I found BM to be almost unbearable but thought highly of the toys.

I was with you until the Bay design praise. You like the CGI bots, or do you just mean the Hasbro interpretations of them? I can understand the latter, not so much the former.
    Maybe Dom is referring to the "transmetallization" that took place during season 2 of BW? Primal on a hoverboard? sounds like fan wankery to me

For me, BM was bearable - i would actually stay in every sat. morning to watch. i think i only have 3 toys from the line - Deluxe Jetstorm, Blackarachnia and Optimus Primal. i'm not sure why i never got Thrust or Tankor.

Hey FB, how you liking your robo-vision Prime? I think its a cool figure, but I was dissappointed with that "message" you get when you use the decoder.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Hey FB, how you liking your robo-vision Prime? I think its a cool figure, but I was dissappointed with that "message" you get when you use the decoder.
    i like the figure but might shell out for Leader class Prime especially if i keep reading good reviews about it. haven't actually tried the decoder message yet.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion