Page 214 of 591 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 5907
    Thank you, PlasticFetish!

You've now helped me to display the perfect Transformers collection.

Optimus Prime appears courtesty of El Chuxter

Comments? From you poor Cybertron / Armada, RID fans
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Perfect? Hmmm... maybe now that I've got the rest of my stuff out of storage, I'll shoot a pic of my all Japanese Beastwars collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I don't know why, but MP Megatron seems to look smaller than Optimus Prime in this photo. He's not. He's about the same size. But I think I am Prime-centric in my focus. It would figure.
    No, the reason Megs looks smaller is because he is further away from the camera and you have tilted the camera to the left so he's further down in the frame.

Scorponok looks silly in that pic, he doesn't fit the Alternators' styling at all and he's small.

All of your bots have essentially the same pose - looking straight ahead, straight waist, slightly bent knees, raised weapon. Try more dynamic posing, I think that'll loosen it up. Remember, a lot of these figures have enough articulation to do most of what we can do, take advantage of rotating waist, double-jointed elbows, turning heads.

Also, with this many black parts, the flash in the camera body isn't going to cover your needs (I forgot all about this until now for your needs, SW is going to be the same), you'll probably want to get some more lighting and then shut down the flash altogether - the flash misrepresents and washes out colors while hiding details in black areas.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Speaking of black, how does Alternator Ravage look with the others? I totally love him!

As to Scorponok, I think the size is about right, judging from those movie preview shots of him chasing the soldiers. Maybe he's just a little smaller than he should be, but by less than 15%.

Thanks for the photo tips.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Speaking of black, how does Alternator Ravage look with the others? I totally love him!
    Haven't I given you enough grief today, do you really have to seek it out too? Ravage barely registers, the black makes him disappear for the most part, but he also looks like a bunch of unrelated panels which kinda sucks.

As to Scorponok, I think the size is about right, judging from those movie preview shots of him chasing the soldiers. Maybe he's just a little smaller than he should be, but by less than 15%.
    It's not the size in comparison to the movie that I'm taking issue with, I'm talking about as a toy. I think it's small compared to the other figures in the photo.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

It's not the size in comparison to the movie that I'm taking issue with, I'm talking about as a toy. I think it's small compared to the other figures in the photo.
    Oh. Well we're looking at different things. I was looking at realistic sizes, kind of like the movie (though then my Starscream should be huge - but I don't see a good chance of that happening).

Meanwhile, Scorponok's an almost non-sentient bug and I like him that size as in my scene Wheeljack looks like he's going to shoot him and then step on him. In that sense, everything is as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Perfect? Hmmm... maybe now that I've got the rest of my stuff out of storage, I'll shoot a pic of my all Japanese Beastwars collection.
    Do it!!!

I only plan on picking up one "Transformers: Movie" toy, the little thing that turns into a Lazerbeak looking bird. I think thats cool. My little brother is geeked out about the movie, so ive bought him a sizable amount of the movie action figures.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer View Post
    I only plan on picking up one "Transformers: Movie" toy, the little thing that turns into a Lazerbeak looking bird. I think thats cool. My little brother is geeked out about the movie, so ive bought him a sizable amount of the movie action figures.
    I picked up the digital camera (haven't opened it yet) and may get the phone, but that's it. My son's super excited about the film, so we'll probably score a few other figures for him. (He wants the helmet and transforming hand thing. )

I'll shoot pics of the Beastwars stuff in a month or so, when my new studio/office is done.

Laserbeak in the Real Gear line is called Booster X-10, I believe.

I keep meaning to pick up some Real Gear sets but it just doesn't happen, I think I went a little too heavy on the movie figures and am probably going to pick up the Real Gear guys slowly over the next week or so.

Booster X-10 is the only Real Gear toy i picked up and i do recommend it. the wings are rather large and render it out of scale with most TF's other than Anniversary Prime but it's still worth getting i think.

Wreckage from the Movie Deluxes isn't bad either. Of course, it helps that he isn't actually in the film and so Hasbro could make him more traditional looking.