Page 217 of 582 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 5812
    Oh heavenly saints, preserve us!!!

http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=194&itemid=11280

First off, Prime looks like a horribly cartoonized version of Cybertron Prime, wearing gloves. And Bumblebee's alt mode seems to be ripped straight from the Classics line.

Then there's this:
    Set on Earth in the near future in Detroit, the alien TRANSFORMERS are thrust into a world populated by humans and automatons. As visitors to Earth, the TRANSFORMERS--OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, PROWL, BULKHEAD and RATCHET--work in the human world, interacting with the ‘natives’ in exciting and humorous ways. TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED has been created to showcase the heroic AUTOBOTS working together to battle the evil DECEPTICONS and save Earth with kid-relatable plot lines filled with humor, distinctive character personalities, and dynamic action.
    And this:
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=42116
    Cartoon and Hasbro executives told the trade paper that the new series, Transformers Animated, will be significantly different from the others, adding humor, never-before-seen characters and a new premise in which the Autobots fight evil humans in superhero fashion much more frequently than they battle the Decepticons, the traditional Transformers enemy since the franchise launched as a toy line in 1984.
    What are they doing this for??? Why do they want to ruin the franchise as fast as possible?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just a heads up if you're into exlusives- I saw a TF/movie Brawl, Bonecrusher, and Jazz in robot mode in a window box set at my local Sam's Wholesale Club for $25 today.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    will be significantly different from the others, adding humor, never-before-seen characters and a new premise in which the Autobots fight evil humans in superhero fashion much more frequently than they battle the Decepticons,
    Oh wow! I can only hope for more:

masturbation jokes...

Autobots peeing on humans...

giant robots hiding in people's backyards...

And please, please, please: make the robots fart, too! Fart jokes are the greatest!

I seriously think they need to consider Michael Bay having input on the animated series as well. Does he have experience ruining new cartoons in addition to the traditions laid down by old ones?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Bay is not involved with the cartoon at all, the cartoon is not going to tie into the movie at all, it's specifically going in a DIFFERENT ugly stupid direction.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Bay is not involved with the cartoon at all, the cartoon is not going to tie into the movie at all, it's specifically going in a DIFFERENT ugly stupid direction.
    Of course the movie would never go in a different, ugly, stupid direction.

Do you think it's too late to petition Paramount and Dreamworks to make sure the robots fart? You can't let JarJar Binks outdo an Autobot backfiring. Yeah, I think Ironhide should fart. That would be just magnificient, huh?

How do we send our suggestions in to Michael Bay?

He needs to hear about farting robots.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

i said this on the TF movie thread but i like the look of the animated series. someone has to, right?

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    i said this on the TF movie thread but i like the look of the animated series. someone has to, right?
    I don't hate the look, but I don't really love it either. And I'm not sure I understand how you do TF's and not have their mortal enemies be the Decepticons, but whatever. Maybe this will mean we'll finally get some human action figures in scale to the TFs. That would be cool.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

What are they doing this for??? Why do they want to ruin the franchise as fast as possible?
    Any time I read the words "re-imagine" in a statement, I know we're in for trouble. But I dunno, I did like Teen Titans a little. I can see how this might work on some level, but I can't see it being a huge hit. I can't see it lasting beyond one season either... if it makes it that far.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Any time I read the words "re-imagine" in a statement, I know we're in for trouble. But I dunno, I did like Teen Titans a little. I can see how this might work on some level, but I can't see it being a huge hit. I can't see it lasting beyond one season either... if it makes it that far.

ha, well you might not agree but a lot of us think "re-imagined" BSG is vastly superior to the original.

That's a good point. I love both versions of BSG really.

I'm willing to give the new TF cartoon a chance... be nice to actually see a Transformers cartoon again. It just seems like a super corny idea, but I suppose we haven't seen very much yet.

Wonder what the deal is with Takara(Tomy) not being a part of this at all. Seems a little strange.