Page 218 of 588 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 5874
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    That's a good point. I love both versions of BSG really.

I'm willing to give the new TF cartoon a chance... be nice to actually see a Transformers cartoon again. It just seems like a super corny idea, but I suppose we haven't seen very much yet.

Wonder what the deal is with Takara(Tomy) not being a part of this at all. Seems a little strange.
    They aren't? Why do we think that?
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Because we clicked on JT's SciFi link and read where it said...

"But this is the first one Hasbro is co-producing with Cartoon rather than its Japanese toy and production partner, Takara."

Because we clicked on JT's SciFi link and read where it said...

"But this is the first one Hasbro is co-producing with Cartoon rather than its Japanese toy and production partner, Takara."
    Oh, the cartoon. Yes, that makes sense. But I'm pretty sure Takara will still be involved in the toyline. That was what confused me.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Picked up a few TFs last night:

Transformers basic Arcee Target-exclusive - saw pics of this Energon-repaint and was impressed, plenty of her at Target and I bought one. Repaint is vastly superior to the original in every way except that it's Chromia's colors instead of Arcees, but these colors are far more appealing and restrained and attractive, and they fit the sculpt way better. The darkish-blue has a metallic quality that looks amazing up close, the silver paint is quite nice, and even the silver plastic ain't too bad. The paint really suits her headsculpt nicely, brings out her face right, and orange eyes look good. Her weapons and canopy are translucent smoke-colored plastic. I wish they had been able to give her different weapons and ditch the spark-crystal-holder, the bike mode looks tons better without all that crap, but it's still a nifty figure none the less (still wish she had better hands though). Grade: A

TF Real Gear Longview -
    nifty, but not as solid work as Spy Shot 6. I immediately rotated the display sticker to its correct orientation. Alt mode is ok, transformation is fun and has a clever way of doing the torso, bot mode has good hero proportions and looks decent all around. Articulation is good but as good as Spy Shot, sculpting is simple which works but lazy around the legs leaving a gap at the knee and no pegholes in the fists. Paint on the helmet is sloppy, use of light blue-gray plastic hampers head and hands. Grade: B

TF Titanium Series War Within Optimus vs Megatron -
    A real letdown, Megatron looks decent in bot mode but with several issues (head's too small, gun doesn't fit on forearm right, shoulders pop out) and has an incredibly lame alt mode. Optimus is the same as the first one right down to the failures, this one has weaker hips and knees than my original even! Included comic is WWi 5 of 6 with a variant cover, the issue is where Prime and Megs stand around watching TV basically, and the action focuses largely on Grimlock being the biggest badass ever. And it's 2 for the price of 2, but they don't give you the stands despite mention in the instructions. Set grade: D (if you have Optimus already), C- (if you don't have either fig)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    I don't hate the look, but I don't really love it either. And I'm not sure I understand how you do TF's and not have their mortal enemies be the Decepticons, but whatever. Maybe this will mean we'll finally get some human action figures in scale to the TFs. That would be cool.
    I suspect it'll be like "evil villain super-scientist creates armies of non-sentient robots in an attempt to take over the world and only the autobots can smash them to bits on a daily f'ing basis" type of generic action toon.

Any time I read the words "re-imagine" in a statement, I know we're in for trouble. But I dunno, I did like Teen Titans a little. I can see how this might work on some level, but I can't see it being a huge hit. I can't see it lasting beyond one season either... if it makes it that far.
    Yeah, I'm picturing 1 season as well.

Wonder what the deal is with Takara(Tomy) not being a part of this at all. Seems a little strange.
    The last few cartoons, Takara produced them for Japan and then Hasbro ported them over to the US afterwards via dubbing - this unlike G1 and Beast Wars where Hasbro produced them and wrote them with western sensibilities in mind and then Takara ported them with translations. This will be the latter, that's all.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

First impression aside, I'll give the series a chance when it comes out. And hope the merch turns out good.

There's a new thread about the video game in the video game forum for all those who care.

I think it's also my first post in the video game forum in all the years I've been on this site!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It looks like Pepsi Prime will be available on HTS but probably in very limited quantities.

I've been trying to win it on the Mt.Dew/Pepsi TF movie promo site but there's just too many people entering the sweepstakes daily.

The much ballyhooed by Tycho MPE Starscream is going to be a Walmart exclusive retailing for around $60 and to be released in November.

That is, unless you live in Los Angeles where we'll never see a trace of these.

I got the fast action battlers Starscream fig last night. It's not bad, but not great either. I just wanted a ss fig without dropping the $20 for the other one.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    The much ballyhooed by Tycho MPE Starscream is going to be a Walmart exclusive retailing for around $60 and to be released in November.

That is, unless you live in Los Angeles where we'll never see a trace of these.

What does ballyhooed mean?

Anyway, be careful if you buy him. He's really fragile and I don't transform mine. (The Tarkara one originally shipped as a jet. I converted him to a robot, and then left him alone)

For a display, I definitely think he's worth having though.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.