Page 222 of 591 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 5910
    I saw some new Target Scout class toys today - Clocker and Skystrike were the names i believe?

Those Deluxes sure seem to be flying off the shelves now. I saw some guy buy around $120 worth of Deluxes/Voyagers/Leaders yesterday.

Clocker, Skystrike, and the repaint of Energon Strongarm (jeep kinda vehicle) are all wave 2.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Transformers are on sale at Target again for a few more days, so I partook:

- TF:Movie Brawl - a replacement for the one that went defective on me. This one has the right shoulder stick and the left fail, and left tread fails too, so I have to frankenstein it with the old one whose problem parts at least are on the opposite side. $8.99

- TF: Real Gear Booster X10 - Look, I dig Laserbeak as much as most of you, but this thing sucks. It's a red MP3 player with a bluetooth-style earpiece and the screen is trans orange lines everywhere??? Way too vague alt mode that doesn't even make sense. Transformation is no great shakes either. Robot mode is pretty limited, almost no articulation, wings aren't poseable enough, earpiece cannon doesn't transform just pegs on. Totally bland, at the least the neck should have been able to move or something. Grade: D+ $6.29

- TF: Real Gear Power Up VT6 -
    cute little portable game system, lifts a lot visually from PSP, controls actually move as they're each a disk on a spring. Transformation is hilarious because the instructions are tiny, literally 2 panels of something moving and 1 of those is just positioning the limbs; TF is all automorph, it's not a bad concept but execution is initially frustrating as the hips ratchet out of gear easily leaving the head not at full height so you have to ratchet 1 or both hips manually to fix, and transformation back you have to move the shoulders instead of hips to get everything in place. Robot mode is cute but not really standout, legs needed more to do and hands are halfassed. Grade: C+ $6.29

- TF basic Target-exclusive Skyblast -
    one of the niftiest Omnicons from TF:Energon is back and finally sporting a new paint scheme - gray with mild desert camo. Vehicle mode looks good, and finally the energon bits stay on the wings thanks to some paint I guess. Energon bits are now gray with the slightest hint of purple, but not in a Decepticon way. Robot mode looks decent, a little plain some might feel but I think it works. The gold of the eyes doesn't sell it as much as I'd like perhaps, but I'll take this. All in all, a nifty entry. Grade: B+ $7.19

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, Leader Class is on sale too, right? I went to WeHo Target last Sunday hoping to score a Prime but there weren't any Leader class toys and no sale sign (probably so they don't have to issue rainchecks)

Yeah, Leader is $35.99, but I only saw a couple Megaturds at Eagle Rock when I was there, Prime is hot at that price. You can request a raincheck I believe even if one is not on the shelf.

BTW, Deluxe Brawl's destined to fail it looks like, using the translucent plastic for the gearing has resulted in teeth snapping off on a lot of them already, I'm guessing 100% failure given more time. Mine stopped working due to a tooth snapping for no reason, I've heard horror stories of HALF the teeth all snapping off at once - bad news for this design.

The teeth on my Deluxe Brawl are still fine but probably only b/c i don't handle it all that much.

Maybe it's a ploy to get us to upgrade to Leader class Brawl? Which admittedly, looks very tempting!

I found and bought '08 Bumblebee and Arcee (movie line) from Target this morning.

I didn't handle mine roughly, I transformed it like a dozen times total before it stopped working, and the replacement doesn't work first time out of the package. I suspect it's only a matter of time before they die, using translucent plastic which is so much more brittle is a recipe for disaster.

Where did you find them Figgy? If you see another BB '08, please stash for me.

Target Eagle Rock had the new Fast Action Battlers in, including Frenzy - who looks worse than the packaging had suggested.

Yesterday I hit TRU and found that they were having a sale on TFs, deluxes were down to $7.99 - a buck cheaper than Target's. So, I ended up buying:

TF:Movie Scorponok - everyone kept saying how great he was, and I do like spinny things, so I buckled at that price. Kinda fun beast mode, good sculpting and paint detail, I really like the spinning turbine in the middle with its tons of rubber teeth. They didn't put in enough tail articulation though which is a shame since it looks so thrashy. Launching tail spike is alright, spinning claws are indeed cool, the pegs under Voyager Blackout don't hold him that well but the gimmick does essentially work if you hold them together. Robot mode is laughable, it looks so silly, but at least the turbine is on this side too. All in all, has some good features but could have been better. Grade: C+

JT, that's what you get for listening to Tycho! Isn't Scorponok the only movie toy that he's admitted to buying on this thread?

I'll be sure to stash any other '08 BB's for ya. This one was at a store which you probably don't frequent too often (Rosemead Target). Arcee from the movie line isn't actually that bad (either that or these designs are growing on me).

I saw those new Fast Action Battlers at Pasadena Target yesterday as well...Frenzy, Megs, Blackout. Those Titanium 3 Optimus 3 packs (proto, truck, movie robot) were on clearance there for around $9.