Page 223 of 595 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 5945
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JT, that's what you get for listening to Tycho! Isn't Scorponok the only movie toy that he's admitted to buying on this thread?
    I bought the Cyber'Stompin' Optimus Prime, too. (And I sleep with him and make him talk to me at night).

I'll be sure to stash any other '08 BB's for ya.
    I want an Alternator Quality of BumbleBee '09 (actually) so badly!

I saw those new Fast Action Battlers at Pasadena Target yesterday as well...Frenzy, Megs, Blackout.
    Blackout's kind of cool. I really want a Leader Class or a MP edition of him in that kind of larger scale. MPs are basically G1's though (Ultra Magnus being a deplorable exception that I did not buy). So I don't know if I'll ever see what I want from Blackout (or Brawl for that matter - but I'm considering his Leader Class when that comes out).

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I didn't handle mine roughly, I transformed it like a dozen times total before it stopped working, and the replacement doesn't work first time out of the package
    This is why I barely handle ANY of my Transformers. MP01 Prime is very durable though, as are a few of the Alts. In the end, Hasbro just wants to sell stuff to you and it only has to stay put-together long enough to expire the return period.

And now maybe JT sees why I like Scorponok (not the robot mode - but I'm sure Hasbro just felt issuing a Transformer that didn't transform was kind of lame)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

JT, that's what you get for listening to Tycho! Isn't Scorponok the only movie toy that he's admitted to buying on this thread?
    Heh, I forgot, might have changed my mind.

I'll be sure to stash any other '08 BB's for ya. This one was at a store which you probably don't frequent too often (Rosemead Target). Arcee from the movie line isn't actually that bad (either that or these designs are growing on me).
    Crud, stash her too then. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that.

I saw those new Fast Action Battlers at Pasadena Target yesterday as well...Frenzy, Megs, Blackout. Those Titanium 3 Optimus 3 packs (proto, truck, movie robot) were on clearance there for around $9.
    There is nothing worth buying about that Titanium 3" 3pack from what I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I bought the Cyber'Stompin' Optimus Prime, too. (And I sleep with him and make him talk to me at night).
    Ugh, I hope you at least bought the one with the real movie voice, I saw him yesterday, WAY better than the first version with some nobody voicing it.

I want an Alternator Quality of BumbleBee '09 (actually) so badly!
    Then I guess you better become a billionaire because without buying Hasbro, it seems unlikely to happen.

This is why I barely handle ANY of my Transformers. MP01 Prime is very durable though, as are a few of the Alts. In the end, Hasbro just wants to sell stuff to you and it only has to stay put-together long enough to expire the return period.
    That's not a legitimate complaint about modern TFs, I have hundreds of TFs from the last 10 years and the failure rates are very low, less than 1%. Alts are the ones that feel the least durable though, all those windshields and hoods and doors wanting to break off.

Hasbro stands behind their products, I've returned damaged toys to them months after purchase when I deemed the failure to be their fault, they go through rigorous safety testing to assure a product will withstand play and mishandling. I can't think of another major toy manufacturer that goes to the lengths they do and stands behind their products that way.

And now maybe JT sees why I like Scorponok (not the robot mode - but I'm sure Hasbro just felt issuing a Transformer that didn't transform was kind of lame)
    Why YOU like it?... Probably not. Hasbro has issued Transformers main-line toys that haven't transformed before, most recently the Energon line had Alpha-Q (granted, that figure kinda sucked).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Ugh, I hope you at least bought the one with the real movie voice, I saw him yesterday, WAY better than the first version with some nobody voicing it.
    Heck yeah! He talks and it's Peter Cullen! I got that the first day I found him. It totally brings me back to my childhood. The first issue sounded so lame I laughed out loud when I saw it in the store. I wanted something with Peter's voice really badly and Cyber'Stompin' II totally delivers.

Hasbro stands behind their products, I've returned damaged toys to them months after purchase when I deemed the failure to be their fault, they go through rigorous safety testing to assure a product will withstand play and mishandling. I can't think of another major toy manufacturer that goes to the lengths they do and stands behind their products that way.
    I have to agree with you there. When I've actually needed Hasbro for a Star Wars or Transformer concern, they really came through for me.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

Well, it's sure not stopping them from launching the Robot Replicas line - basically they're articulated, non transforming figures of the movie robots.

Regarding quality control, not only do I have Beast Wars toys from over 10 years ago, I still have most of the G1 toys from when i was a kid and pretty much all of them have stood the test of time.

08 Bumblebee does give me some concerns though as all the windows/windshields seem rather brittle. I can envision a lot of people breaking theirs.

Well, it's sure not stopping them from launching the Robot Replicas line - basically they're articulated, non transforming figures of the movie robots.
    not to mention "action masters" which were basically non-transformable action figure versions of the main characters which looked more like the robot versions from the cartoons than they did the original transformed versions.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Uh oh, how brittle we talkin', figgy?

I took a closer look at FAB Megs and Frenzy... just awful.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Uh oh, how brittle we talkin', figgy?

I took a closer look at FAB Megs and Frenzy... just awful.
    Maybe it isn't actually as big a problem as I made it out to be. It's about the same brittleness as the windows on Barricade. The part where i fear the most on 08 Bee is the rear window. it separates in half when you pull out the legs and then when you pull out the feet, automorph moves the halves of the window inwards. I'm still not comfortable with automorphing and I get the feeling that over time, these features won't work properly anymore.

We're longtime TF toy fans so we know to never push/pull with excessive force on TF parts but i'm afraid that a lot of noobs, be they children or not, might end up breaking lots of their movie toys.

Put it this way, i have more confidence in the teething on my Brawl holding up than i do with the 08 Bee windows!

Action Masters didn't transform because of the nucleon! It robbed them of their abilities to transform, but it made them hella more powerful. That, and it brought back several dozen dead Autobots. And Megatron.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Did you see the location?

"I left my Allspark in El Segundo, left my Allspark in El Segundo."
    Tommy, close your eyes.