Page 228 of 595 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 5945
    I would've liked to see Sludge as well as I never got the G1 version. Slag looks really awesome. I like how in robot mode the chest and shoulders seem to "reference" the triceratops head and it makes him look really tough. By comparison, Grimlock in robot mode looks like a 90 lb. wimp.

I was worried from the first preview that the transformations would always have that Voltronish scrolling bars in the background but the clip that Adam posted has them doing normal transformations.

the Blackarachnia toy looks great, certainly better than all the Beast Wars and Beast Machines versions.

the rendition of the theme song is 1000 times better than the one done for the movie soundtrack.

Good news for Tycho - just read a review on Leader class Brawl and all those parts that we thought were white or translucent are actually grey so you don't have to repaint them.

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer View Post
    Sweet. Thanks for the link.

Chaddymac, youre correct, it is Swoop. Im a little bummed though, we got a Swoop in the Energon line, and in the recent Classics style minicons. Oh well, i'll be grabbing him too.
    On the plus side, We have the leader, a brawler, and a flyer. I understand the logic behind it. And who knows? If it goes on for future seasons, and the dinobots are popular, I can forsee Slag and Sludge arriving as well.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Thank you JT and Steve!!
    You know it brudder!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I didn't really understand. What specifically were you referencing?
    The animated toys. If you didn't like Armada through Cybertron, these look WAY worse than that concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I actually ended up liking the animated clip, but the toys.. ugh. I'm not down with that style in toy form. Some of them are hard to judge without paint apps but I despise the vehicle modes. If you thought the vehicles from Armada were "playschool-ish".... I sure hope kids like these, cause I probably won't get too many, if any at all.
    I thought the toys kinda worked, didn't like the show though. The one misfire on the toys is Starscream's ridiculous smile - that was WAY out there.

I was worried from the first preview that the transformations would always have that Voltronish scrolling bars in the background but the clip that Adam posted has them doing normal transformations.
    That was something they did a lot in the previous 2 cartoons, something they actively wanted to get away from with this new show. It's apparently a difference between Japanese producing and American producing.

Good news for Tycho - just read a review on Leader class Brawl and all those parts that we thought were white or translucent are actually grey so you don't have to repaint them.
    I saw that, but pics have those parts look milky gray, not solid gray.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The animated toys. If you didn't like Armada through Cybertron, these look WAY worse than that concept.

I thought the toys kinda worked, didn't like the show though. The one misfire on the toys is Starscream's ridiculous smile - that was WAY out there.
    I love this new style. I was only concerned about the toys because the animation seemed to make it impossibly for them to actually transform but NOW that I see it, I think it's awesome. I was a fan of the Digimon designs but always thought the transformations were boring so I'd admire them from the shelves. This is like the same design philosophy, only with interesting vehicles. I'm excited and totally looking forward to their release.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

There are rumors going around that the floods in China last week affected some of the factories that are producing TF movie toys and so there might be delays in shipping for those.

But Classics2 SeaSpray will be coming out on time
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    But Classics2 SeaSpray will be coming out on time
    What do you care? It's neither an Alternator nor a Leader class.

I had Seaspray when I was a kid. The blue hovercraft with yellow engine frame. Rub the symbol.

I just had '08 Camaro BumbleBee and I traded him for the Luke & Mara 2-pack.

Now I kind of want BumbleBee back again. (???!)

I sold Barricade to the very same buddy (for cost) who picked up the Luke & Mara for me. It was a favor of convenience.

I was NOT going to collect any more of the movie line - I don't really like them.

But I have been telling myself that it's OK to NOT have a collection, and just have BumbleBee and maybe Barricade to fight him (though I really can't stand Barricade's lack of hands).

I've resolved to do the same thing as I did before: pick BB up if I see him again (I got mine fresh out of a brand new case) and then hold onto him again, once more struggling with whether to open and keep him.

The same friend got Ultimate BumbleBee today as well. He brought him (packaged) for show and tell. It's $80 but tempting me. It's actually quite cute.

He said he'd open them and I'd get a chance to mess with them loose before I have to decide whether I want to own them as well.

Figrin might have been joking with me (about Alts and Leader Class figs) but he was very close to the mark.

I like the Transformers characters and the general idea of what they represent.

I favor the G1 storyline moreso than this AllSpark stuff.

But I would never have been buying Transformers again had it not been for the Alternators driving me nuts until I bought them (SideSwipe and Smokescreen first) and then the release of MasterPiece Optimus Prime!

The latter I'd not have were it not for ElChuxter rescuing one of the last ones out there for me from one of his inland retailers. He knows how hard I was trying to not start ANY other toy collection (generally, Star Wars should be enough, but I have a lot of Star Trek and Terminator products, too - plus SW branched off into Animated, Galactic Heroes, JediForce, Force Battlers - I bought a ton of stuff that I still actually LIKE!)

But for years, Cybertron, RID, Energon, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, all that stuff was easy to turn down.

ALTERNATORS MADE me buy them!

So if I'm leery of the movie line, please be understanding (Megatron and Starscream are really like crap, and Optimus has too much kibble if you ask me).

Blackout, Bonecrusher, and Deluxe-size Brawl are badly out of scale to the Autobots, though Leader Brawl looks promising.

But darn it if 2008 BumbleBee isn't perfect?! Ugggh. That one tears at me the way seeing Alt SideSwipe in my Target once did.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.