Page 229 of 586 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 5851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    So if I'm leery of the movie line, please be understanding (Megatron and Starscream are really like crap, and Optimus has too much kibble if you ask me).
    So says the man who LOVES the movie!

so if you haven't noticed, the Movie Prime has a thousand times more kibble than the Hasbro toy!

Liking the movie and liking the toys are two different things.

The movie Prime does not have more kibble than any of the toys.

Kibble (to me, and I think this is the "official" definition) is recognizeable vehicle or robot parts hanging off of a body when it is in its other form.

Movie Voyager Starscream for example, is the top of an F-22 fighter jet, dangling legs and arm cannons underneath it. In the movie, Starscream just turned into an F-22. You couldn't discern him from any other F-22 when he was in jet mode. That's the idea of "robots in disguise."

With Prime's robot mode in the movie, you can't tell for sure that he becomes a truck. With the toy, it appears that whole halves of the truck's long-nose are hanging down his back.

There is some kibble to be expected in all Transformers. They need their darn alt-mode parts in order to become their alt modes in the first place.

It is a matter of taste as to how much you'll accept.

My vaunted Alt Ravage has his whole car hood over his front shoulders. That disturbs others but not me. I see his "cat form" and this not interfearing with it. It's almost like he carries a shield on his back. He keeps his streamlining in my opinion. On the other hand, Prime looks burdened by a "backpack" that only looks like truck parts.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    ... Rub the symbol.
    Uhhh... uh, wow, yeah, never heard anybody put it that way before.

Kibble is other-mode parts hanging off the current mode, it doesn't have to be bot parts in alt mode, it can be alt-mode parts in bot mode (and in fact is more used for that reference).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Liking the movie and liking the toys are two different things.
    This is the only point that you were right about

I think if I end up enjoying the animated series and if most people hate it, I'm going to steal your "I think most of you have lost the ability to enjoy a cartoon series (substituted in for popcorn movie)". haha.

Both JT and I, movie haters, seem to like the toys and would never do something like trade an 08 Bee for a Mara/Luke pack.

Yeah, no kidding! That was such a "whyyyyyy?!?" moment. Then again, Tycho is a very... "unusual" collector, so whatcha gonna do? But honestly, that reasoning was so suspect to me, I just can't imagine making that move - especially with Tycho's unending love for the movie and BB.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Tycho, the demand for that BB is far greater than that for Mara/Luke. In another week or two, you'd probably find that comic pack but you probably won't find BB.

Just don't write post after post about how you regret having one and then letting it go

Yeah, I spotted 2 of the Mara/Luke packs yesterday, but not one single Deluxe TF!

I picked up the last Real Gear for right now, High Score, he's a little lamer than I was expecting, but he has the "monkey brawler charm" too. Poseability is a little off due to weird joints and such, transformation does a lot but not quite satisfying, and the little alt mode is kinda cool.

I had a Tychonian moment yesterday...After picking up a Voyager Prime, I headed to Burger King to get some of the Simpsons toys. I had the Prime in a bag with me because I wanted to take a closer look at it (i'm not planning to keep it as it's a present for a friend). The cashier, male early 20's, asks me which version of Optimus Prime that is and then we talk for a few minutes about how TRU just got some Voyagers in and how deluxes are sold out everywhere.

I actually stashed a Voyager Megs but now I wonder if I should've even bothered, it sucks just as much as the Leader class version.

There were a ton of those Voyager Megs at TRU Los Feliz 2 days ago, nobody wants it. That's not exactly true, there's a mob of people at all the TRUs hunting for deluxes and voyagers of any character - it's so weird.

BTW, that totally is a Tycho moment! At SDCC, he and I are on the trolley after the show and we end up in a conversation with the guy sitting next to me about jobs and driving and stuff, then a 4th guy gets on and sits near Tycho and after a while he gets sucked into the conversation too, and somehow all this ends up turning into a discussion about Transformers!!!

Now here's an anti Tychonian moment...I was talking with a friend's kids, they're 5 and 6. As they were talking about TF's, I asked them who their favorites were, kind of expecting they'd be naming movie characters. They said they like Optimus but not Megs or Galvatron. as soon as they said Galvatron, I thought "rock on! they're into Cybertron and not movie continuity!".

I can't really explain the hordes of people buying up every deluxe/voyager/leader in sight though. Heck even Robot Replicas sell out.

Was the movie really that great??? (do NOT answer Tycho! ) It's not like this is the first TF line in years and it's not like these have the Classics G1 nostalgia factor. Moreover, a lot of the best Classics toys like Voyager Prime, Jetfire, Mirage, Cliffjumper sat on shelves for months so that nostalgia factor probably isn't as strong as we think it is.