Page 230 of 578 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 5779
    My order is in for Masterpiece 06 Skywarp!

At last, another Transformer I am really proud to add to my very small collection.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Now here's an anti Tychonian moment...I was talking with a friend's kids, they're 5 and 6. As they were talking about TF's, I asked them who their favorites were, kind of expecting they'd be naming movie characters. They said they like Optimus but not Megs or Galvatron. as soon as they said Galvatron, I thought "rock on! they're into Cybertron and not movie continuity!".
    Niiiice! Galvs is a good reference.

I can't really explain the hordes of people buying up every deluxe/voyager/leader in sight though. Heck even Robot Replicas sell out.
    Robot Replicas haven't been selling as fast as other deluxe pricepoint items though, that's where the money is right now, I spotted a few Voyagers today (all wave 1 and 2, plus Icetron) but zero $10 transforming toys. Those Robot Replicas look pretty heinous and don't transform, I think that's the key, people DO want TFs to transform.

Was the movie really that great??? (do NOT answer Tycho! ) It's not like this is the first TF line in years and it's not like these have the Classics G1 nostalgia factor. Moreover, a lot of the best Classics toys like Voyager Prime, Jetfire, Mirage, Cliffjumper sat on shelves for months so that nostalgia factor probably isn't as strong as we think it is.
    It didn't have to be that great, it just had to remind people that the franchise was out there. Walmart in Duarte had put out some old TF stock as if it were new, they had some Cybertron and Classics on its own display. Parents were going "buy this" about the toys in there and the kids didn't want it, they called it "old" (including Classic Jetfire), so even if they hadn't seen the movie they were aware of its presence in the market as a turning point. Unfortunately, if the sequel doesn't come out soon enough, the market will crash like it did after the '86 movie. And I don't see how Hasbro's going to get those casual consumers to jump from the movie line to the animated line next year.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The market won't crash. People will just spend their money on 2008 Camaros instead

I almost want one and I really don't like cars (as compared to SUVs, because I'm a California Democrat).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    The market won't crash. People will just spend their money on 2008 Camaros instead

I almost want one and I really don't like cars (as compared to SUVs, because I'm a California Democrat).
    I just told Halley what you did trading away '08 Bumblebee for Mara/Luke and she was mortified - and she's been into Transformers for a whopping 3 weeks!!! So you don't get to talk about Transformers or the '08 Camaro anymore Tycho.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Tycho, did that Mara/Luke pack have good paint apps at least? Because if it didn't, you really made a bad deal!

I checked out the Luke more closely and the paint mask was sloppy on his hair as some of the neckline isn't painted. The balljoint for the head isn't completely painted either and you can see some grey on one side of the neck (the ball itself is painted grey).

I saw ultimate ripoff bee oops I mean bumblebee at walmart a couple days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Tycho, did that Mara/Luke pack have good paint apps at least? Because if it didn't, you really made a bad deal!

I checked out the Luke more closely and the paint mask was sloppy on his hair as some of the neckline isn't painted. The balljoint for the head isn't completely painted either and you can see some grey on one side of the neck (the ball itself is painted grey).
    Yeah, that was his lame excuse, it was better paint. I've seen ones with better paint, none perfect though because they screwed up the mask at the top of the neck and the top of the face (the face carries over into her bangs).

Friggin' Dlx '08 Bumblebee!!!!

I saw Ultimate BB last week at Target, totally didn't do it for me, that plastic looks so cheap and they didn't do a nice job with the body proportions.

My Luke is fine. It's actually Mara Jade on most of those packs who has problems with her paint application.

The set I got is pretty good - about 90% of what I'd expect it to be. But Hasbro's quality has totally declined this year, as we're all noticing.

Maybe the best of the best have been moved to work on the Indiana Jones line?

And I will have back that '08 BumbleBee soon. You guys just wait and see.

Yeah, my reply was about Mara, not sure how I missed that he was talking about Luke's paint.

You're not allowed to have another Dlx '08 BB, you have to get me one first, then Figgy, then a few others here before you're allowed to have one after what you pulled - how are we supposed to know you won't trade the next one for a handful of magic beans?

Ha, you forget JT. I already have 08 Bee. found it and Arcee right before SDCC. remember I was posting about how fragile the windows on it seemed?

Tycho, PLEASE don't trade 08 BB for Saga Legends Battle Droids!!! That would go down as the worst trade ever in the history of toy trades.