Page 232 of 578 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 5778
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    You forget - "Michael Bay Power" doesn't mean a thing to rest of us! If anything, that's a detriment!

So where did you find Leader Brawl?

Yup. Target. My trading buddy that was supposedly laughing at me over the BumbleBee deal called me this morning to say he'd found Brawl at our store (I'd slept in after hunting down almost all the Wave 4 SW yesterday morning).

And low and behold, I now have Brawl. When my MP-06 Skywarp arrives, (haven't even been charged for it yet - I think it ships next month on the 15th), my Transformers Collection will be complete (as of for now):

MP-01 Optimus Prime
    Alt SideSwipe
    Alt Smokescreen
    Alt Hound
    Alt Tracks
    Alt Meister (Jazz)
    Alt Wheeljack
    Alt Sunstreaker
    Alt Mirage

MP-05 Megatron
    MP-03 Starscream
    MP-06 Skywarp
    Leader Class Brawl
    Alt Ravage
    Alt Rumble
    Deluxe Scorponok

Deluxe BumbleBee and Deluxe Barricade do not go with the above collection IMO. Nor does Cyber-Stompin' Optimus Prime. The plush "Buddies" kind of tempt me, too - but I haven't bought them yet.

I want:

some form of MP-Blackout, MP-BoneCrusher (movie version), Deluxe Alt Ratchet (movie version), Deluxe Alt Ironhide (movie version), Alt BumbleBee (2008 Camaro) and we'll see what they can do with Soundwave in the future, else I may try and add the classic G1 with Laserbeak to my big mix above (I don't transform Megatron into a gun larger than a semi-truck, so I guess for the toy I could accept a walkman).

I'd really like it if in the next movie the Autobots add Powerglide as a tankbuster plane and a MP / Ultra Class version of him is made. That'd be supercool. He could have a hologram of Michael Bay as his pilot, visible through the window!

Michael Bay is so cool!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Brawl had a pretty cool transformation. As a bot, he has a couple of interesting concealed weapon reveals including a 4 barrel rocket launcher, a machine gun, and "Wolverine claws."

I like his machine gun / cannon sound effects too.

Some small parts pop off and then back on again (accidentally) during transformation. It's hard to make everything fit tightly in order to snap shut, but once you get there it's a very solid piece.

Turn his head around when transforming him into a tank so he's not looking out of the manhole hatch.

Anyway, I took some pictures of my entire Transformers collection, brawl included. I just need to download them and then I'll post them here.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

My pictures were too large to post. I'm editing them down in my photo program, but don't have a moment to do that at this second.

Wal-Mart got in more Deluxes and Leader Class Brawl for Transformers.

Now I think I need 2 (in total) of 2008 BumbleBees. I also bought Deluxe LongArm to just remain as Mikaela's tow truck to tow him into battle against my 2nd Leader Class Brawl.

I figured if I owned 2 Brawls, I'd never have to transform him! But really he is a superior product and I like being able to display him in both modes.

I re-evaluated the movie toys once again, today. I went to another Wal-Mart and I sat on the floor in front of the shelf with their Voyager-Class. A woman working there thought I was praying and said "God bless you." I indicated Optimus Prime and suggested, "My God." Several other shoppers (elderly lady and a elderly man not with the previous customer) came by and stared at me, but didn't dare enter the isle.

Maybe I should say: "USA JUST FOUND: California: LA area - spiritual experience in Wal-Mart?" Well I guess that should be posted in the R&P forum.

Anyway, my exciting analysis is to be revealed NOW:

Optimus Prime - all inferior product with ugly kibble. Sorry. It's not what I'm looking for.

BumbleBee - 1977 sucks like Go-Bots, but 2008 is one of the best Transformers ever made, especially considering how small he is.

Jazz is actually too big. He looks good, but....

Ironhide and Ratchet sport a new movie look whereas I don't like their head / face sculpts that much and they don't resemble their G1 appearance. Their movie looks are actually cool, (alt modes) but the toys aren't up to par.

Megatron is just aweful all around. No CGI or toy can save that design. He needs to be really big, too.

Starscream - same thing. He looks to be a cross with Optimus PRIMAL from Beast Wars. Not good! Too much robot parts showing on his fighter jet mode, too. In any case, he needs an Ultra Supreme class or whatever to get him even close to an accurate size.

Brawl is perfect as a leader class toy.

Scorponok is fine as a Deluxe as long as you don't transform him into a robot. In the movie, he never does that and expanded source material claims he's a drone and doesn't transform anyway.

Frenzy is great in the film, but it'd be hard to make a toy that gets into a boombox of the scale that goes along with the other robots.

Barricade is a pretty good Saleen as a toy. As a robot, he needs hands - badly! But I finally accepted him as he is.

Bonecrusher seriously needs a Leader Class toy to approach the right size.

Blackout would be awesome as an Ultra Supreme figure! I'd so want this more than any other Transformer.

No, any version of Optimus Primal > Movie Starscream

There are rumors floating around that Hasbro has fallen so behind in the production of movie toys that they're pulling a TSC and shipping Cybertron and Classics to stores just to have TF product on the shelves.

There are rumors floating around that Hasbro has fallen so behind in the production of movie toys that they're pulling a TSC and shipping Cybertron and Classics to stores just to have TF product on the shelves.
    It's true. But I think that was either backstock that the retailers had already, or Hasbro's backstock they witheld for the movie promo.

But any and all Transformers stuff is selling enmasse now.

This is absolutely true, Duarte Wal-mart is stuffed with old Cybertron and Classics releases, the most hilarious is Cybertron Primus still at $50. I heard a kid there a few weeks back, his mom said "look, this is Transformers stuff too" and he retorts "yeah, but that's old Transformers". Way to go Hasbro!

Anyway, I found Leader-class Brawl at Target Duarte the other day and bought him. He's a little small for a Leader in alt mode, but makes up for it in bot mode (if you count all the kibble and weapons). Really would have been nice to see a little better deco, it's close but the mismatched paint and the milky gray plastic is a downer, and the Decepticon logo on the main barrel is embarrassingly poor. Oh, and I forgot, the clear crap totally fails, they should have painted that stuff over and let ambient light pass through the paint instead. Tank mode is pretty good, maybe the best tank they've ever produced (which is kinda pathetic for every other TF tank), the main turret rotates and the gun elevates a little, then the upper turret rotates separately and can slightly elevate as well. Electronics aren't the worst but not bringing much to the party either and can be left in "always on" mode which is not smart. The only kibble is the folded up robot feet as barrels, it doesn't quite work - oh, and the head can be seen inside the driver's open station (turning it around kinda helps but it's clear and looks out of place). The middle tread-cover panels don't like to lock into place, even with massaging it takes some doing to get them all the way held. The front plate from the head's automorph doesn't lock as neatly into position as it should, and the automorph can be triggered accidentally in alt mode.

Transformation is complex, lots of moving panels including some spring-loaded ones (the one on the gun barrel is a real pain in the ***, they didn't actually design clean clearance around it). There's some clever stuff with how the treads fold into the legs, the arms would be cheaty but they did a good enough job that they're totally covered in alt mode and the shell crap isn't too exposed in bot mode - it's half a shellmaster but pretty much gets away with it. Transformation back to alt mode is what the instructions cover, and they make it a lot more difficult than it really is, I actually had to give up on them in the middle and figure it out for myself - that's f'ing rare for me as I always try to do it Hasbro's way first.

Bot mode is beefier than the Deluxe and the legs don't camber out at the knees which is a shame because it'd look a lot better. The bot pretty much works, the chest claw kibble gets in the way of the arms a bit but it's not too bad. There's a good amount of detail sculpted in, much of it is lost in the sea of green plastic - a paint wash would have done this sucker wonders. The legs are kinda blocky and the feet not quite right, the flip-down knives look better as toes but that's unintentional. The feet have only 1 little side-tilt point of articulation, they should have slid forward and moved up and down, this does hurt some but the legs are otherwise mobile so there's compensation to be made. The arms have the most detail, the claw hands hinge slightly at the wrist and then the 2 fingers and thumb are hinged at the first knuckle, it's pretty cool and has a wide range of poseability. The arms have articulation roughly on par with the deluxe, only without the shoulders detaching all the time, it's a little awkward and he can't reach too far in front of his chest, but it's enough to be passable. The head can rotate awkwardly and look up a tiny bit, it's enough, but he can't see past his tank tread shoulders to either side. There's no way to activate the majority of the electronics in bot mode without slightly resetting automorph, but the main cannon fires when you push it inwards. The right arm has a nifty 4-barrel slide-out blaster while the left has a flip-up gattling gun that slides back to rotate the twin knives around in front of his hand (this pops off easily, so be careful). The head looks decent, bigger and a little tougher than the deluxe, the eyes here are light-piped, they're clear with red paint which isn't ideal (uneven coverage) but works.

Bottom line, it's pretty good, feels a little small for Leader, and deserved a better deco. Grade would be B+ territory, yesterday it would have been "A" but more little foibles crept up the more I messed with him.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That was a really good review of Leader Class Brawl, JT.

I really like him and think highly of him myself.

Next I'd love a Leader Class BLACKOUT!

Thanks for the Leader Brawl review JT! That was one that I was on the fence on, still am due to space constraints but we'll see.

I picked up the G1 repaint of Movie Jazz from Target along with 3 of the Movie Robot Hero sets. The set I passed up was Ratchet/Megs incidentally. Frenzy actually translates well into the RH format, I think. (somebody is going to have a snarky response to that, i just know it)

I finally opened 2008 Deluxe BumbleBee and I am very impressed. It is a fine figure with a cool (somewhat movie -accurate) transformation.

He is very fragile and I think I'll stick with my plan to own 2 of him so I don't have to risk damaging him or his paint ap while transforming him - or I at least have a backup should I decide to play with one more. But it's a nice, very poseable figure.

Figrin: LC Brawl is very much worth it. You have me and JT in agreement on that one. Hop off the fence!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

Figrin: LC Brawl is very much worth it. You have me and JT in agreement on that one. Hop off the fence!
    Well, first I have to actually see one in the stores. Brawl was the first movie toy I bought but my high hopes were dashed by those pesky shoulders.

I opened up the Jazz repaint and as I don't own the previous movie version, I wasn't prepared by how underwhelming it would be. Jazz's hands are pathetic and more like robotic versions of kitten paws. I haven't really figured out how to get him to hold his weapon.