Page 233 of 585 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 5849
    That's my exact fear about opening Barricade. I have him to basically have the Saleen Mustang chasing a 2nd BumbleBee as a car, but I prefer the 2008 BB.

The 77 Camaro transforms cheaply IMO and I'm not sure it's worth my bother.

The funny thing is, the 2008 is almost worth more than $10 and it could almost be fair to be charged the $20 Alternator price for it (just smaller in size, less sturdy in construction, and no rubber tires).

If I had to say certain Transformers were worth it now:

Movie Leader Class Brawl
    Movie Deluxe BumbleBee

I did buy Longarm to display as a towtruck, but that's it. (OH and Scorponok to put with my Alts / MPs as a drone).

I think they could do awesome with a Leader Class Blackout, maybe BoneCrusher, as well.

Like I said, I'm really hesitant to open Barricade. I suppose I can still take him back if I do, but I don't like to be like that.

My friend bought the last Leader Class Prime we saw the other day (Friday I think -at Target) and he plans to bring it with him so I can examine it loose and re-evaluate it. Incidentally, Leader Class Megatron came in when Prime did and STILL has not sold when I stopped by Target today at like 3pm! (Can anyone say "sucks?") I mean most Transformers sell out within minutes to hours after they are stocked (but you never know - Megatron could have been something on hold or returned).

Anyway, I might even collect a 3rd 2008 BumbleBee (for $10 it's a bargain!) and save him to go with potentially cooler 2009 Transformers 2 figures. There's always hope that they'll make better movie toys for the sequel now that they know it's REALLY worth the investment.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

This has probably been mentioned in the thread somewhere but I am too lazy too look through it all...

has anyone bought voyager Megatron? Is it worth it?
    I spotted 2 at WM here yesterday. I am probably going to go by there again later today, and if by chance there is one left I may get it.

Any thoughts?
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

J&H, I don't like the movie design for Megatron so I'm not buying any of the toys. However Best Buy is supposed to be getting an exclusive metallic looking repaint of that Voyager Megatron. While I still won't get that one, at least it looks a bit better than the regular Voyager.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    J&H, I don't like the movie design for Megatron so I'm not buying any of the toys. However Best Buy is supposed to be getting an exclusive metallic looking repaint of that Voyager Megatron. While I still won't get that one, at least it looks a bit better than the regular Voyager.
    Thanks for the info..I passed on it today anyway. Went to Target and saw the new version of movie Jazz..passed on that too and instead got the new JLU Supes fig.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I opened LongArm and he's kind of cheap. The arm falls off of mine while transforming him. *sigh* Also, why does an Autobot have red eyes?

Anyway, I got him to be a towtruck prop and that is what he'll be.

So far I only see the quality in 2008 BumbleBee and Leader Class Brawl.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Glad you liked the review guys.

That was one that I was on the fence on, still am due to space constraints but we'll see.
    Leader-class Brawl gives a good size context to figures like deluxe Bumblebee & Jazz and Voyager Ironhide & Ratchet, so if you can make space for any of them guys, it'll work. And for anybody who isn't a scale-purist, it's a good figure to work off Leader Prime (since Leader Megs is so horrible).

I opened up the Jazz repaint and as I don't own the previous movie version, I wasn't prepared by how underwhelming it would be. Jazz's hands are pathetic and more like robotic versions of kitten paws. I haven't really figured out how to get him to hold his weapon.
    Yeah, that's its real weakness, those forearms. The lower half flips out of the way and you plug the weapon into the underside of the upper half - if it's like the regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    That's my exact fear about opening Barricade. I have him to basically have the Saleen Mustang chasing a 2nd BumbleBee as a car, but I prefer the 2008 BB.
    Nah, it's nowhere near as bad as Jazz's sad excuse for forearms, Barricade isn't a "hand" guy in the movie anyway and his hands do look handy from the inside, they're not as un-whole or goofy as Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    This has probably been mentioned in the thread somewhere but I am too lazy too look through it all...

has anyone bought voyager Megatron? Is it worth it?
    I spotted 2 at WM here yesterday. I am probably going to go by there again later today, and if by chance there is one left I may get it.

Any thoughts?
    Seen him a lot at TRU, passed every time. Seems to be a small-ish fig, translucent blue plastic ice holding some pieces which doesn't look very good (the idea is the ice is COVERING those parts, but totally fails to convey this) and limited playability.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I opened LongArm and he's kind of cheap. The arm falls off of mine while transforming him. *sigh* Also, why does an Autobot have red eyes?

Anyway, I got him to be a towtruck prop and that is what he'll be.

So far I only see the quality in 2008 BumbleBee and Leader Class Brawl.
    Well, keep in mind that's out of the 3 you've bought, that's a big deal, you're making it sound like you've experienced all the figures or something when you've personally experienced just the figures mentioned in that post right there (my Frenzy doesn't count as he's a FAB which is a concept that is supposed to take liberties).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Arms falling off is nothing Tycho! The alternative would be arms that break off completely and need to be glued back on.

I'm sure there's no TF in existence that can rival Titanium Megs' arms in terms of fall off ability.

JT, I still haven't bought Leader Prime either so i'm afraid that if I get him or Brawl then I'll feel compelled to get the other.

Not the worst thing in the world. Brawl works with just the deluxe and/or voyager entries as well because he's in their scale, there's something to be said for that.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't own any of the Movie Voyagers JT.

I forgot to mention that I did see one repaint Starscream at La Brea Target yesterday. Usually I'm a sucker for TF jets, I even bought Cybertron Skywarp (was that ever a bad move on my part) when it was on clearance but I just can't bring myself to buy this version of SS.

I'll bet that once I see Leader Brawl, I won't be able to resist! My wallet cannot repel toys of that magnitude!

You should probably buy some figures dude.

I dunno what it is about the G1-repaint Starscream, but as soon as I saw pics of that I knew I wasn't going to like it, and went out and bought the regular movie deco instead which I had been holding off on. I don't love the figure or the color all that much, but both the G1 repaint and the Thundercracker redo didn't work for me at all in pics.