Page 24 of 578 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124524 ... LastLast

Re: Transformers: Energon & Beyond

Well, it is a G1 figure, so there's not much articulation. I like the way he transforms though. He looks kinda plain in bot mode because most of the camo get turned around..

I thought TFU Whirl was originally from G2, not G1. Doesn't sound like there's much to get excited over with this one. Oh well, thanks for the info.

BTW, at WM, I spotted a few new Galaxy Defender robots that are bootlegs of various sources and they had a new one, a knock-off of Armada Megatron. Usually these boots are of old sets, this was surprising to see because this tank Megs is within 2 years. No electronics or minicon, and there were changes with the face and simplifications of various parts, but this is definitely Armada Megs.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Did a pretty good toy hunt this morning - no sign of Hound or Silverstreak in San Diego that I can tell (and I can usually tell).

I wish I had Hound....

I have to cry some more. Wait a minute.

OK. I feel better now. I think.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I think Whirl was one of those molds released in as a European exclusive during G1.

Sorry Tycho, keep lookin' though, you'll find it soon I'm sure. Hound and Dead End are probably the best "action figures" in the line really because their transformations are complex but not terribly frustrating and their bot modes are articulated but not floppy. Also, I forgot to mention that Hound's wrists rotate.

Adam, I just looked it up, TFU Whirl is the G2 turbomaster Rotorstorm, a euro/canada-exclusive from '92 that 5 years later got a very limited release in the Machine Wars line.

So check it, here's a gallery of an Alternators Grimlock test-shot: http://community.webshots.com/album/175879910zYlVis/0
    I dunno if the floorpan can fit behind the torso or not, there's a hinge involved in transformation but it looks like the torso's shape keeps the pan from closing off that empty empty torso... oh my word is it empty from the back! He seems so puny from any angle except dead-on. His sword is a little short but I'd still call it a sword. Someone on the bwtf.com forums noticed that this figure's head has separate eyes sculpted in, I thought that was kinda interesting.

And remember when I said I'd like to see a Honda S2000 Alternator? He doesn't have a name yet, but here it is: http://community.webshots.com/album/175884234GvppZH
    I think this looks awesome, the legs are designed like SideSwipe's but the upper body appears to be a new transformation scheme with a hint of Tracks. The rifle is formed from the engine and the driveshaft, that is very cool. The bot is very sleek and the vehicle kibble is mostly moved out of the way like the doors and hood unlike SideSwipe. The alt mode has a removable softtop and "top down" covering. I can't wait.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

European TF exclusives are hard to judge if you don't have packaging. As I recall, G1 didn't stop in Europe when it did in the US which is why some molds were exclusive there. I think there was a point in time when G2 started in America that Europe was still getting stuff under G1. People just say it is G2 because of the time it came out. I can't be certain, I'm not expert in that time frame. The real test would be to find a packged picture of him.

This is the best pic I could find right now, and I can't tell...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0c_1_b.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	8923  

I can't say for certain, but the unnamed Alternator JT posted a link to pictures of doesn't look all that hot to me.

I'd rather get Dead End than this guy.

Plus it's another Red Sports car. Some varying color choices might be cool:

Sideswipe - Red
    Dead End - black (looks very cool)

Smokescreen - blue
    Silverstreak - blue

Hound - green
    Swindle - tan (or maroon would work though be non-traditional)

Tracks - blue (traditional and appropriate)
    ??? - Yellow (Yes? I've heard this) Could be cool for Dragstrip (stunticon)

Grimlock - white
    ???? - will they use his mold for someone else? Wildrider or Breakdown?

Meister - white...

The car choices, too...

Dodge Viper
    Subarua ???
    Jeep Wrangler
    Ford Mustang
    Chevy Corvette
    Honda?

What is Meister anyway?

So OK, we could have:

Porshe? - 911, Carerra
    Ferrari? - Testarosa, F-40, Boxer
    Lamborghini? - Countach, Diablo
    BMW? - ???
    Mercedes? SL-50 convertable
    Hummer? - H2 - should have been Grimlock right here, but Ironhide?
    Plymouth Voyager? - Ratchet, Ironhide
    Volkswagon - Beetle or Golf - Bumblebee, Cliffjumper
    Ford F-350 - Kup?

Can we assign cars to Blurr, HotRod, Springer, RC, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, Mirage, Prowl

Who else?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    I'm not expert in that time frame. The real test would be to find a packged picture of him.
    From Alvarez's "Unofficial Guide to Japanese and International Transformers" we have...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	storm01.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	8924   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	storm02.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	8925   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	storm03.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	8926  
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    So check it, here's a gallery of an Alternators Grimlock test-shot: http://community.webshots.com/album/175879910zYlVis/0
    I dunno if the floorpan can fit behind the torso or not, there's a hinge involved in transformation but it looks like the torso's shape keeps the pan from closing off that empty empty torso... oh my word is it empty from the back! He seems so puny from any angle except dead-on. His sword is a little short but I'd still call it a sword. Someone on the bwtf.com forums noticed that this figure's head has separate eyes sculpted in, I thought that was kinda interesting.
    Wow, he looks horrible from behind. But i still want him.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay