Page 241 of 595 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 5944
    With Starscream coming to the states later anyway, the only Seeker I'd think of ordering from Japan would be good ol' Ramjet.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Tycho, can you post a pic of MP Skywarp?

I am 100% unfamiliar with the Masterpiece line, from the manufacturer to the price to relative size to deluxe Transformers.

Any additional info is appreciated!

The USA MP Starscream might be made from better materials - no one's 100% sure yet.

It will be painted in the traditional G1 colors - which I actually didn't want. I preferred him to really be a robot in disguise, thus having more realistic gun-metal coloring (there's a lot of discrepancy out there as to whether MP Starscream is green or gray - all I can say is put him next to Movie LC Brawl - and you'll definitely know what is supposed to be green).

As to Skywarp, well stealth planes are actually black in real life. I don't know of any black F-15's, but it'd be possible.

I may never buy a Thundercracker, however. The only blue planes the military uses are the Blue Angels. First, they fly F-18's. That would not be a repaint, or if it were, it would involve a lot of newly sculpted parts and it'd be a less than authentic F-18, but possible. The picture on MP 06's box shows 3 seekers (one blue) - it is a photoshop job I've heard said - but it would most likely be close to an accurate representation of how Takara-Tomy would recognize Thundercracker. In such a case, I wouldn't want him as I'm not really paying close attention to G1 tradition with my tastes to start out with.
    Finally, the Blue Angels themselves, while possibly licensing their look for a heroic Autobot, wouldn't probably go for an "evil Decepticon." It's an image thing. It'd be more likely they'd license their look to Transformers to be used for one of the Arialbots (Air Raid the F-15? - who was black, not blue, in the first place) So to conclude - a blue jet wouldn't likely be a good disguise for a robot, especially when the Blue Angels are not likely to offer their license for a Decepticon.

(I know in Alternator Land that Jaguar and Honda did offer one of their designs each (the only Jaguar design as a matter of fact) to debut as a Decepticon - but that is first a car company and not a PR stunt team of the United States military.)

Last but not least, for NOT ordering from Japan: MP Megatron. I am lucky I own an unaltered MP 05. My local comic shop owner is a nut for Japanese stuff and he managed to get tons of unaltered MP-05's out there in the market. It's actually almost an underground thing - because he doesn't display them in his store. They're in the back. You just know to ask through word of mouth - and you get a reasonable price. They're like over $200 on eBay. Mine was $115 or $123 after tax - and it was one of the first 6 he ever got in - the first one out of the box as a matter of fact, because I was there at the store waiting for their pending arrival on the date it was going down. (I wore sunglasses with rear-view lenses, a rain coat, a fake beard and mustache, and I rented a different car to drive to the pick-up location! Before now, no one knew for certain that I was a buyer of illegal Transformers - until I just posted it on the internet. Oooops! {delete key's jammed. Darn!} But anyhow, a USA MP Megatron release will have orange tips in the gun and possibly the sight as well - I'd be almost sure of it. Other than that, I don't think Megatron would really be different.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by orionlukteel View Post
    Tycho, can you post a pic of MP Skywarp?

I am 100% unfamiliar with the Masterpiece line, from the manufacturer to the price to relative size to deluxe Transformers.

I posted some pics for you. Skywarp with Alternator Tracks in the picture for good measure - and my "Decepticon Army" before Skywarp had arrived. Masterpiece Starscream and Megatron are pictured, with Alts Rumble and Ravage, and Movie Line Scorponok and LC Brawl.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MP Skywarp.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	16109   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skywarp closeup.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	16110   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Decepticons.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	16111  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

TF Deluxe Landmine and 2 repaints: http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=albu...ze=800&start=0

I kinda like that Landmine's weapon is the same in both modes. I dig his rollbar face, it's freaky but fits the concept. And he's got badass claw-hands!

I really dislike the Allspark Power packaging though, way too over-the-top in its burst.

Thanks to Figrin Bran's stashmastery, I finally have Arcee and the FAB Plasma Punch Bumblebee (so dlx '08 Bumblebee is now the only one I'm missing). Arcee has a very nice alt mode, her hands are sticking down out the back like a fender but it's clearly just hands. Transformation adds a little creativity to the same concept as the basic. Robot mode is interesting, I don't love the head but it's not as bad in person as in photos. I really hate that they got super lazy with the wheel halves though, they totally dropped the ball there.

FAB Bumblebee is cute, but doesn't fully deliver. I would have liked to see either more done with the arms, or a less shellmastery transformation. Still, nifty in both modes.

Quote Originally Posted by orionlukteel View Post

Masterpiece is made by TakaraTomy (the company who is Hasbro's partner in the Transformers line, they do product in Japan). Masterpiece is a larger scale with more moving parts and a greater attention paid to the alternate modes, plus nifty accessories - they take their visual cues from G1. We got Masterpiece Optimus Prime in the US a few years back as 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime, and now we're getting Masterpiece Starscream released in the US later this year at Wal-mart. The US versions seem to cost $60-$70, the imports generally run $100 & up. Prime is about 12" tall as is Masterpiece Megatron (who is not getting a US release at this point), Masterpiece Starscream is about 7" tall, about 60% bigger or so than a deluxe.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

$60-$70? I thought the Prime went for $80 in the first release.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I found him for $65, I believe, on the first week he hit the area.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    $60-$70? I thought the Prime went for $80 in the first release.
    You got me mine and I think you charged me only your cost. I believe I paid you back exactly $75. (Think you got mine at a Riverside County Target, btw).

Thanks for the info on the MP line, guys.

Anyone know if Hasbro is issuing revision cases like thay're doing with TAC?

Reason I ask, I saw a full wall of deluxes at lunch, with Bonecrusher, Wreckage, Jazz, Swindle, Dreadwing, and Scorponok in bulk. There were a bunch of Voyager Megatrons and Rescue Ratchets too. Just not used to seeing that much product on the shelf, much less an earlier wave.

Orionlukteel, you can probably find the re-release of the 20th Anniversary Prime at Wal-Mart. It came out late last year, when the new DVD of the movie was released, and has been showing up in new shipments to a lot of WM stores. (I think the distribution on the movie line sucks, and they're trying to get anything they have stocked with the Transformers name out of the warehouse and into stores.) When I've seen it recently, it's been going for $50. The color scheme on the re-release is slightly different (I think it's lacking the "burn marks"), but it comes with a neat looking base.

Anyone know when Starscream is coming out? I looked around on their site and found this. Though it says it's from Takara, it looks like the original G1 mold (meaning that's a hell of a steep price for a reissue). However, the description includes a lot of confusing and borderline contradictory info, like "six-inch Transformer Starscream PVC figure", "remake of the Original Collection piece", "some new parts (i.e. new molds)", and the especially strange "transforms into a Cybertronian jet

My guess is, based on the shipping weight and "six-inch" remark, that this is not the MP Starscream.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 09-26-2007 at 04:11 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.