Page 242 of 582 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 5814
    They have either the wrong picture or the wrong price at the very least.

The split on the rear-of-cockpit braking flaps is not present on the Masterpiece. On the MP, it is a real, working brake flap. On the G1, it was more than a flap and were solid pieces that went all the way through the center of the plane, and then split apart into Starscream's arms.

By the picture, you can see the split - thus THE PICTURE is of G1 Starscream. They should not be charging more than $30 for that, and likely a lot less.

If the listing is for the MP's American release - they're using the wrong picture. At a $70+ price, it better be the MP or people are going to get very mad.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Orionlukteel, you can probably find the re-release of the 20th Anniversary Prime at Wal-Mart. It came out late last year, when the new DVD of the movie was released, and has been showing up in new shipments to a lot of WM stores. (I think the distribution on the movie line sucks, and they're trying to get anything they have stocked with the Transformers name out of the warehouse and into stores.) When I've seen it recently, it's been going for $50. The color scheme on the re-release is slightly different (I think it's lacking the "burn marks"), but it comes with a neat looking base.
    The base isn't that neat and has some pretender doing the voice. The figure has some repainted elements.

Anyone know when Starscream is coming out? I looked around on their site and found this. Though it says it's from Takara, it looks like the original G1 mold (meaning that's a hell of a steep price for a reissue). However, the description includes a lot of confusing and borderline contradictory info, like "six-inch Transformer Starscream PVC figure", "remake of the Original Collection piece", "some new parts (i.e. new molds)", and the especially strange "transforms into a Cybertronian jet

My guess is, based on the shipping weight and "six-inch" remark, that this is not the MP Starscream.
    That is not MP Screamer in the pic, that's the Japanese reissue, WM's website does this sometimes taking weird items and even imports that they'd never have in the store, not sure where they get this stuff.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I know the Optimus base sounds like crap, but it looks neat in the box. Of course, I never gave it more than a glance, since I got the original.

I figured as much about the Starscream, but now that two people have agreed, I'm sure of it. Back to the original question: any confirmation of when we can expect this piece?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Orion, if you're still looking for 20th anniversary DVD Prime, get him from hasbrotoyshop and use "25FALL" as the coupon code when checking out to save 25% and get free shipping!

Yes, Wal-Mart sometimes lists Japanese imports. They charge a ridiculous amount for them, but it's just the import. A friend of mine from another board ordered Ultra Magnus, thinking it'd be something cool, like a mislabled MP Magnus. No, just a $100 G1 Magnus. He wasn't pleased, but we were all glad he took one for the team
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Hit a few stores yesterday in search of the ever-elusive Bumblebee (alas, no), but found a figure I had forgotten about instead: Dropkick.

Dropkick is a really nifty transformer, definitely one of the better entries in the line with a good-looking alt mode, a very creative transformation, and a nice bot mode with lots of detailing. The only things I don't dig are the low-hanging mega-bumper just because they didn't do ground effects on the rest of the truck, and the mega-pliers weapon which is just dumb and should have been slide-out blasters. Still, he's got good articulation, blasters under his hands, and his chicken-legs work to balance the bed kibble on the back.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks, guys, for the info on 20th Prime.

OK, I figured it out re: my question about the "revision cases".

It looks like they're re-stocking the original waves just in time for the DVD release. Makes sense, I guess, but was it really worth ticking off tons of collectors to this point?

I finally found a '68 (?) Camaro Bumblebee today, almost 6 months after the movie opened. Every other first run deluxe was there, too. It was the second Wal-Mart I'd seen like that, a welcome sight after seeing NOTHING at Wal-Marts in a very long time. Target had all of the new wave of exclusives, almost picked up an Armorhide but thought twice. Also had the Jazz repaints. But neither place had the newer waves (Arcee, 08 Bumblebee, etc.)

Voyagers spotted today included the Thundercracker repaint, Rescue Ratchet, Megatron, Ironhide, Starscream,

I'd have to assume this is more than a local phenomenon, which is why I didn't post it first in the Vegas thread. Looks like if you missed the first go-round, Hasbro's pulling out the stops for the DVD release.

Quote Originally Posted by orionlukteel View Post
    Thanks, guys, for the info on 20th Prime.

OK, I figured it out re: my question about the "revision cases".

It looks like they're re-stocking the original waves just in time for the DVD release. Makes sense, I guess, but was it really worth ticking off tons of collectors to this point?

I finally found a '68 (?) Camaro Bumblebee today, almost 6 months after the movie opened. Every other first run deluxe was there, too. It was the second Wal-Mart I'd seen like that, a welcome sight after seeing NOTHING at Wal-Marts in a very long time. Target had all of the new wave of exclusives, almost picked up an Armorhide but thought twice. Also had the Jazz repaints. But neither place had the newer waves (Arcee, 08 Bumblebee, etc.)

Voyagers spotted today included the Thundercracker repaint, Rescue Ratchet, Megatron, Ironhide, Starscream,

I'd have to assume this is more than a local phenomenon, which is why I didn't post it first in the Vegas thread. Looks like if you missed the first go-round, Hasbro's pulling out the stops for the DVD release.
    1976 Camaro.

Quote Originally Posted by orionlukteel View Post
    I finally found a '68 (?) Camaro Bumblebee today, almost 6 months after the movie opened.
    6 months? You mean, 3 months? The movie opened in early July. It's late September.

I'm just saying.
    All Hail Darth Schmitsky!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddymac View Post
    6 months? You mean, 3 months? The movie opened in early July. It's late September.

I'm just saying.
    LOL chalk it up to a brain fart in quick subtraction, kept thinking of the 4th - month, not day.
    So yeah, 3 months.

Still - 3 months of empty pegs means great sales and poor distribution at the same time.