Page 245 of 591 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 5909
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Wait a minute - Tycho, you haven't actually begun work on any of these dioramas that you're always talking about?

I'm definitely up for coming with JT to your place and demonstrating how indestructible TF's are by drop testing them!

I had many rooms set up with my Star Wars dioramas before my aneurysm ruptured in my brain. My uncle paid to have it all packed up and put into storage.

I have access to this storage, but it's not worth it to me to move stuff out or continue inventorizing it now - there's not enough room (at the storage or in my current apartment).

I need to finish my novel, establish a new income stream from that (if it flies), and then look towards getting a house to make one final effort in assembling / displaying my collection.

As I only own about 20 Transformers, there will only likely be 2-3 dioramas - my huge Autobot / Decepticon battle using Alts and MPs with a few movie items that I can get away with sneaking in (one of my LC Brawls and Deluxe Scorponok, for example). Then I will have my movie toy diorama, which only has LC Brawl (the other one), LC Prime, '08 BumbleBee and LongArm as a prop tow truck. I hope I like playing with my friend's Ironhide and maybe Ratchet to add them if they're worthy. And we all know I want a LC Bonecrusher and especially a LC Blackout.

Then I had to have Barricade to chase BumbleBee (but I like the '08 so I'm using a 2nd one of that mold) and those I'll just put anywhere because it doesn't take up much room.

If the next movie provides more toys I like, and especially if it redesigns Megatron and Starscream into something I can even remotely appreciate more, I'll be able to purchase them, too.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

This auction for custom Starscream Protoform has a funny TF comic in it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300158308921
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That was a fun and creative way to detail the images for an auction. I bet the seller will do well with that just because of the sense of humor he lent to his effort.

Nice. Thanks for sharing.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I got Vader/Death Star from HasbroToyShop, I posted in the SWTF forum but basically, it's kinda nifty, far from perfect but fun and looks imposing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I had many rooms set up with my Star Wars dioramas before my aneurysm ruptured in my brain. My uncle paid to have it all packed up and put into storage.

I have access to this storage, but it's not worth it to me to move stuff out or continue inventorizing it now - there's not enough room (at the storage or in my current apartment).
    And how many figures have you bought and shoved into storage instead of setting up since you recovered?

Then I had to have Barricade to chase BumbleBee (but I like the '08 so I'm using a 2nd one of that mold) and those I'll just put anywhere because it doesn't take up much room.
    Ugh, you're just begging me to kick you in the nads, aren't you? Using the impossible-to-find '08 BB in that scene despite it being totally inaccurate AND in vehicle mode anyway? That's the Dark Side, and not the cool kind, the suck kind.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    And how many figures have you bought and shoved into storage instead of setting up since you recovered?
    I really want to move into a big place and set up ONCE. I'm quite entertained by writing my novel. It serves that purpose (entertaining me) first. Then it may also help to serve me enabling residuals that will help me show an income that aides my ambition of owning the large home.

In any event, I'll never know if I don't go through with this. When I'm done, I'll have time to play with my toys. (And I'm almost done).

Ugh, you're just begging me to kick you in the nads, aren't you? Using the impossible-to-find '08 BB in that scene despite it being totally inaccurate AND in vehicle mode anyway? That's the Dark Side, and not the cool kind, the suck kind.
    First, I don't want the 197(6?) Camaro. It's very limited in its robot detail and crafted more like a Go-Bot in comparison to a "real Transformer."

Second, I have 2 loose 2008's now, and this way I can display one as a very cool robot, and one as a very cool vehicle.

Third: Barricade DID chase 2008 BumbleBee - on the highway, though Bonecrusher and all the other Autobots were also in the scene. Theoretically, when Prime stopped to fight Bonecrusher, Barricade could have still been after BumbleBee.

We don't know what happened to Barricade because Michael Bay cut his fate out of the final movie because test audiences liked the character, and Mr. Bay decided to save Barricade so he could recurr in the next movie. (He just did it in the cheapest and most non-sensical way. - Barricade could have crashed and the Cavemen from the Geico commercials could have surrounded him and tried to sell him auto insurance, causing him to miss the final battle.)

Fourth: I read that one of the forumites got you a 2008 BumbleBee, so you can stop whining about not having him now. However, if you want to trade him, I can get you the Luke / Mara 2-pack or a brand new, tall kitchen trash can for the exchange

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    First, I don't want the 197(6?) Camaro. It's very limited in its robot detail and crafted more like a Go-Bot in comparison to a "real Transformer."
    You don't know what you're talking about, the '76 BB has a lot of detail and a fairly intricate transformation into a real robot mode.

Third: Barricade DID chase 2008 BumbleBee - on the highway, though Bonecrusher and all the other Autobots were also in the scene. Theoretically, when Prime stopped to fight Bonecrusher, Barricade could have still been after BumbleBee.
    Any loophole in a storm, eh?

Fourth: I read that one of the forumites got you a 2008 BumbleBee, so you can stop whining about not having him now. However, if you want to trade him, I can get you the Luke / Mara 2-pack or a brand new, tall kitchen trash can for the exchange
    Yeah, he found me one last week, and how long ago did this figure come out? When did you find your first, second, and third ones? Seriously, going to have to get my ol' steel toed boots out of retirement just so I can kick you in the nads.

76 BB gets overshadowed by the 08 but it's a pretty good toy in its own right. Definitely NOT a Go-bot. You must be thinking about the little Legends figures, Tycho.

LC Brawl doesn't seem to be selling very well in the local stores. Hopefully that'll change as we get closer to the holidays as I regard that as perhaps the best of the movie line.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    LC Brawl doesn't seem to be selling very well in the local stores. Hopefully that'll change as we get closer to the holidays as I regard that as perhaps the best of the movie line.
    Agreed. But '08 BumbleBee is darn good for a "littler toy."

I'll take your evaluation under advisement and check out my friend's '76 BumbleBee. It seems I can't have enough BumbleBee figures anyway - might as well buy something slightly different if I like him.

I also still have to see Ironhide and Ratchet up close and personal. But I want a Leader Class Blackout. Helicopters are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Yeah, he found me one last week, and how long ago did this figure come out? When did you find your first, second, and third ones? Seriously, going to have to get my ol' steel toed boots out of retirement just so I can kick you in the nads.
    Yeah, it's been out a while, not sure why it took so long to find.

Geez, if I'd known it'd cause this much strife I'd have kept the third one I found. Actually saw three today, need any more?

Steel toed shoes should be saved for kicking fresh turds on a hot day, not for punishing good fortune.

In other news,
    MONSTER restock across the boards at most stores I've been to in the past week- except Target. I've seen most of the 1st wave (whatever revision) repeatedly, along with the Thundercracker/Rescue Ratchet/Prime Voyager wave.
    Also saw some of the 20th Primes back in stock at WalMart, wasn't iompressed with the voice sampling. Think it was mentioned that this version isn't actually Peter Cullen's voice.

Oh - and the Ultimate Bumblebee made the top ten holiday toys for this season.

Saw a full pallet of Ultimate Bumblebee's today at Mission Valley Costco today.

You guys love to beat that toy up but have any of you haters actually laid hands on one? Alt mode is great and the moving bits are pretty good. But yes, the price is steep. Just saying...