Page 246 of 592 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 5919
    Quote Originally Posted by orionlukteel View Post
    Yeah, it's been out a while, not sure why it took so long to find.
    Tycho was buying them all up to trade away for beans, and keeping some to use in his Star Wars and Star Trek dioramas.

Geez, if I'd known it'd cause this much strife I'd have kept the third one I found. Actually saw three today, need any more?
    Tycho wants to make an all-Bumblebee diorama of the battle of Kashyyyk, so he's your man there.

Steel toed shoes should be saved for kicking fresh turds on a hot day, not for punishing good fortune.
    I bought those boots a dozen years ago knowing some day I'd have to use them to kick Tycho in the nads.

In other news,
    MONSTER restock across the boards at most stores I've been to in the past week- except Target. I've seen most of the 1st wave (whatever revision) repeatedly, along with the Thundercracker/Rescue Ratchet/Prime Voyager wave.
    Yeah, they're restocking wave 1 in anticipation of the DVD's release. It's a questionable choice though because it leaves out BB08. And I've seen it at Targets.
    Also saw some of the 20th Primes back in stock at WalMart, wasn't iompressed with the voice sampling. Think it was mentioned that this version isn't actually Peter Cullen's voice.
    Not even remotely, which is so sad because I'd have probably bought it if it had been the right voice.

Oh - and the Ultimate Bumblebee made the top ten holiday toys for this season.
    Yeah, I'm sure that was really based on a logical progression and not insider politics.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, should I be concerned that you're obsessing over my "nads."

How many times do I have to tell you, "Ladies only!" ?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

If he puts on a dress, you'll let him kick you in the nads?

There's a really scary thought.

And we're WAAaaaay off-topic here. I, Tycho, am reminding the mods?

This might be a first.

I swear it could happen like some kind of cataclysm: if all the mods go insane (like El Chuxter teeters on the verge of ), it might warp me and make ME the mature, responsible forumite who conducts himself with restraint.

Please don't let that happen.

I'm a contrary. It's in my nature. So if you guys all go nuts and crazy, I'll have to be "normal." That's even scarier than JediTricks in a dress!

Please! I don't want to be normal! I said, "I don't want to be normal!"
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The top ten thing for Ultimate Bumblebee is a forecast, so far I have seen plenty of them so they aren't in huge demand.

By the way, I played with Ironhide now. He's sort of flimsy in that he's a lot of "paneling" over hollow components, but I liked him a lot.

You can take his guns off his truck mode, but they look better on him, as you can see his hands underneath the lifted truck if they're not in place there.

The example I saw did not have his eyes light-piped or painted. I'd solve that problem by custom-painting them for sure.

All the Autobots seem to be in great scale to one another.

Thanks to Navtek, I have Jazz now. I actually quite like him. His car is a little big next to BumbleBee and Barricade (more like a Dodge Viper's size than a Pontiac Solstace) but I can live with it. He's a very solid Transformer and I am confident that I will not break him by transforming him. Imagine that...

Anyway, at this point I now also plan on buying Ironhide the next time I see him.

I'm not sure if the Decepticons will fare as well. I've considered that buying the 3 Voyager class figures, they'll all be somewhat close to scale with each other (Megatron, Starscream, Blackout) and then maybe Deluxe Bonecrusher would work with that size, as might Deluxe Brawl (have to skip Barricade with that group and keep them away from the Autobots who'd make them look bad). However, Starscream (and to much degree Megatron) are always going to look bad, and the Voyager Blackout figure is not that impressive.

Oh, I played with 1976 BumbleBee. He's pretty good actually. I don't like his feet and haven't fully decided what to do about getting him (or not) at this juncture.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    JT, should I be concerned that you're obsessing over my "nads."

How many times do I have to tell you, "Ladies only!" ?
    Don't worry, soon you won't have to worry about your nads, steel-toed justice will take care of that for ya.

And we're still on-topic, we're discussing kicking you in the nads for all your Bumblebee 08 misdeeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    The example I saw did not have his eyes light-piped or painted. I'd solve that problem by custom-painting them for sure.
    He actually is light-piped, but stupid Hasbro used such a dark tone (it's the same one they used on the windshield elements) that only a laser pointer is getting through that. But painting it looks bad too, Hasbro's Ironhide repaint has blue-painted eyes and it looks SOOOOOOOO awful.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, if you're worried about Tycho's nads, you can always say, "I'll put my foot so far up your a**, you'll be tasting s***ty boot!"

Or the clean "radio" version: "I'll put my foot so far up your keister, you'll be tasting poopie shoe!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Just saw a Deluxe Recon Barricade at Target, a blue and grey repaint that just didn't appeal to me. Also a ton of Dropkicks, first time I've seen them around here, so they're out there if you need them.

I've been looking for Voyager Blackout for weeks now. Finally found the TRU 2 pack w. Scorponok and even though I didn't really want the latter, took the plunge on this pack.

Hasbro forgot to pack the instructions! However, I transformed Blackout on my own (and without breaking it! mwahaha), haven't attempted Scorps.

Tformers.com has new pics of Allspark wave 2...The osprey (Incinerator?) doesn't look that great in bot mode but I'll probably still get suckered into buying him.