Page 248 of 565 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 5650
    Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    The wheels sensor isn't exactly state of the art they've had things like that for years. I'll buy it when it drops to a good price. $50 sounds about right.
    The wheel sensor isn't cheap to implement even if it's not cutting-edge, it's capable of telling the difference of play speed, that's fairly complex.

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    Jada toys is now on the bumblebee gravy train with their repackaging of the 1:18 yellow camaro concept this time with stock concept wheels instead of the "dub" wheels from before.
    Haw! I hadn't even seen the dub wheels, I have the silver version of the regular car, it's really nice, hadn't even seen the yellow though. I looked it up, those dub wheels are NASTY on it, and they lowered the car, but the boxed pic here shows the proper wheels too: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150174564228

I'd prefer that in 1:24th, I just don't have room for another 1:18th. Oh, and if they did that in 1:32nd (they have a yellow one but no stripes), it'd be PERFECT with the Deluxe BB.

I really don't like Jada's wheels though, not even the stock ones, the vac-metal looks incredibly cheap and they went a little thin on the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Ahh, they can probably get away with it without paying Transformer royalties. All they have to do is pay GM I suppose.
    Well, it's not like the TF movie invented the paint scheme, Michael Bay saw it at GM's showroom and decided it had to be Bumblebee.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Speaking of bumblebee, at TRU earlier today I saw a sh-tload of ultimate ripoffs. Hot item my arse.

Well, there were a few trillion of that craptacular Transformers Millennium Falcon on shelves this time last year. All the shows and magazines named it as a "hot toy," and the stores ran Black Friday deals on it. By the next day, stupid parents who didn't bother to ask their kids (I'm assuming, because who wouldn't say, "Mom, that looks like butt"?) had bought all of them.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...d.php?t=33498&
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Well, there were a few trillion of that craptacular Transformers Millennium Falcon on shelves this time last year. All the shows and magazines named it as a "hot toy," and the stores ran Black Friday deals on it. By the next day, stupid parents who didn't bother to ask their kids (I'm assuming, because who wouldn't say, "Mom, that looks like butt"?) had bought all of them.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...d.php?t=33498&

I wouldn't say ultimate ripoff is an ultimate terd but the price sure smells like terd.

Well, there were a few trillion of that craptacular Transformers Millennium Falcon on shelves this time last year...
    For the record, it's been a little over a year now, and my son still hasn't bothered to take his out of the box. But this is also the kid that's had zero interest in the TF movie toys.

Well, to be fair, if I unwrapped a box that said, "Steaming pile of rancid crap inside," I probably would leave it sealed, too.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well, to be fair, if I unwrapped a box that said, "Steaming pile of rancid crap inside," I probably would leave it sealed, too.

Come on take a whiff. Folgers in your cup!

Finally for something I care about: tfw2005.com is reporting that the WM exclusive Starscream is out! And he's only $50!

And he comes with Dr Arkeville!!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I hope they reinforced the plastic by comparison to what Takara used or there will be a lot of broken Starscreams. I heard horror stories about stressed plastic on all his wing flaps etc. and as the Takara one shipped as a jet, I transformed him once and leave him on display as a robot.

My take on him is like he's an Unleashed statue that CAN transform if you really want to risk it. I bought Skywarp so I can have one on display as a jet. It really is a great sculpt. But it's twice the price to get these from the orient and I prefer those colors as I don't think he's a "robot in disguise" when REAL fighter jets are not white with bright red trim unless they're part of the Thunderbirds' air show.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

There are several sightings of MP Screamer at WM, so with my plans having fallen through, I hit 4 different WMs and came up totally empty. I really want this piece though. I hate friggin' WM and their exclusives, LA and WM don't mix.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.