Page 253 of 588 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 5874
    I just meant that, maybe, say, the villain learns the hero's identity, but if he acts immediately, he might get caught by the authorities. Or maybe he's a sick SOB wh wants to set it up so that the hero, in his civilian guise, sees his foe kill his wife, kids, mom, and butler just before killing him.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

While we're on the subject of secret identities, why not take the IDs of folks in real life and write them secret identities such as follows:

1) Kevin Smith is actually a 5 year old girl.

2) Michael Jackson is also Marillyn Manson.

3) Hillary Clinton is really Boris Yeltsin

4) Mr. Miyagi was actually Ross Perot

5) Britney Spears is actually Sean Penn

6) Tom Leykus is really Oprah Winfrey

There could be others. But the proof to reveal all this could comprise just one season of a new show.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I just meant that, maybe, say, the villain learns the hero's identity, but if he acts immediately, he might get caught by the authorities. Or maybe he's a sick SOB wh wants to set it up so that the hero, in his civilian guise, sees his foe kill his wife, kids, mom, and butler just before killing him.
    I see what you mean about acting hastily, and the latter, but the latter part is never effective usually (Jason Todd notwithstanding), the hero ends up getting the drop on the villain somehow.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Late to the game. I bought a Masterpiece Starscream today. I haven't bought a Transformer since I was a kid, but this puppy was too awesome looking to pass up. I mean, it is totally bad-arse. Have they been making these upgraded pieces forever?
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Just since the TF 20th anniversary in '04, you could count the short-lived Alternators line as well, it started in very late '03 and ended last year. If you dig Screamer, you should DEFINITELY pick up Optimus Prime, even the 20th Anniversary of TF:The Movie version with its awful talking display base (they got some clown who sounds nothing like Prime for it), that is probably the best TF toy ever and it's half die-cast metal. Some WMs still actually have 'em in stock despite being a year old.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I see what you mean about acting hastily, and the latter, but the latter part is never effective usually (Jason Todd notwithstanding), the hero ends up getting the drop on the villain somehow.
    Just imagine Peter is out shopping at the grocery store with Aunt May and MJ. One of the few villains who hasn't dated May at some point (let's say Electro) walks up to them without his costume as they leave the store. He pulls out his mask, holds it up over his face, says, "Yo, Spidey," and then shoots him in both knees, followed by MJ and May in the head. He kicks Peter in the head, shoots him a few times in the gut (definitely fatal, but not intantaneous), then walks off, saying, "Gotcha last."

I'm not trying to be super-twisted. That's the way a demented villain would think.

And don't bring up the fact that the spider-sense would alert Peter. This is totally just an example.

JON, I would also try to track down some of the Classics, especially Jetfire.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Classics are not as good when compared to Masterpiece, and if one is looking for more detail and realism, it's Alternators as second. Classics is a great line, but anybody who didn't like the Armada-Energon-Cybertron lines will be torn with Classics.

That's a villain we never see though because otherwise the comic is over.

I disliked Armada/Energon/Cybertron, and love Classics. I think of them as kid-friendly figures based on classic characters, like what we might've gotten had the technology existed in 1984. Jetfire is especially wicked.

JT, obviously the comic would end at this point (unless it's Superman or Captain America), but it would work well for a minor character who was getting cancelled (especially if the big two are in "rampant killing mode," as they seem to be right now), or for a character in a team book.

Of course, the villain could be looking forward to a moment like this and get thwarted somehow before executing his plan. How many times has Joker actually beaten up his own gang members when they've attempted to kill Batman, or even unmask him. He knows that, in his sick little world, life is no fun without Batman, and unmasking him destroys the punchline.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

While I'm not saying JT "condones" my attitude, the following quote suggests he perfectly understands it:

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Classics are not as good when compared to Masterpiece, and if one is looking for more detail and realism, it's Alternators as second. Classics is a great line, but anybody who didn't like the Armada-Energon-Cybertron lines will be torn with Classics.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I disliked Armada/Energon/Cybertron, and love Classics. I think of them as kid-friendly figures based on classic characters, like what we might've gotten had the technology existed in 1984. Jetfire is especially wicked.
    I believe that dichotomy is all about you and your attachments to G1, not the toys themselves on their own merits. Armada started rocky but has some good entries if you take out the "must play slave to G1" issue. Classics borrows heavily from the Cybertron design school which was a bold new direction borne from the Energon line.

JT, obviously the comic would end at this point (unless it's Superman or Captain America), but it would work well for a minor character who was getting cancelled (especially if the big two are in "rampant killing mode," as they seem to be right now), or for a character in a team book.
    Yeah, but we all know that either a reboot of the character would come within 7 or 8 years, or somehow it'd resonate with bigger characters in some over-the-top manner, some sort of comic cheatiness.

Of course, the villain could be looking forward to a moment like this and get thwarted somehow before executing his plan. How many times has Joker actually beaten up his own gang members when they've attempted to kill Batman, or even unmask him. He knows that, in his sick little world, life is no fun without Batman, and unmasking him destroys the punchline.
    That only fits to a certain degree I think, if it's not faithfully voiced it's just a cheat IMO.