Page 254 of 565 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 5648
    Why does it have to be a "slave to G1 thing"? Can't it be that I really disliked what I saw of the cartoons and didn't want to get into another new line?

I really liked the DW comic based on Armada/Energon before it went under. I'm open to Beast Wars. I even have a couple of RID figures that I quite like, as well as Unicron, who is technically an Armada figure. I don't dislike the designs from the movie, even, though I'm in no hurry to tell Hasbro that with my money.

BTW, the Joker has never been portrayed in the same way twice. My scenario works with him, but only when he's portrayed "properly." (I consider the best portrayals to be the animated version, especially in Mask of the Phantasm, and in The Killing Joke, which is easily the best Joker story ever told--and not just because he put a bullet into Batgirl.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I don't mean to change the subject on you guys, but I saw something this morning that I'm very curious about. I started night-stocking at target a few weeks ago, one of the only perks of this job is the easy access to new toys. While unpacking a case of movie deluxe figures today I noticed a brawl that only had half of his barrel. It was right in the center of his main cannon. My first thought was that the figure just fell apart during shipping, but after inspecting it closer I was unable to locate the seperated piece. I checked the other Brawls we had and they were all normal. So I'm curious if this is fairly common variant, or just a rare factory mistake? I'm seriously thinking about going back for it because his "snub-nose" barrel is actually kind of cool, plus the arms on the one I have now don't lock in place properly and completely ruins the fun of the toy.
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was just an error that got past quality control. There seem to be a rash of Hasbro figures shipping with various missing parts lately.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Unpacked 3 full cases of movie deluxes today with no allspark power figures to be found. I'm really looking forward to that landmine. Absolutely cannot wait for incinerator though.
    E-mail me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Why does it have to be a "slave to G1 thing"? Can't it be that I really disliked what I saw of the cartoons and didn't want to get into another new line?
    Not when we're talking about the toys from an objective standpoint, the cartoon reflected nary at all on the toys and it's doubly unobjective since Classics' only semblance of a cartoon is the G1 series.

BTW, the Joker has never been portrayed in the same way twice. My scenario works with him, but only when he's portrayed "properly." (I consider the best portrayals to be the animated version, especially in Mask of the Phantasm, and in The Killing Joke, which is easily the best Joker story ever told--and not just because he put a bullet into Batgirl.)
    The problem is that it's unbelievable to the degree he takes it, nobody's THAT crazy and functional to the degree he is, only in the strained comics world at its thinnest.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewilw View Post
    I don't mean to change the subject on you guys, but I saw something this morning that I'm very curious about. I started night-stocking at target a few weeks ago, one of the only perks of this job is the easy access to new toys. While unpacking a case of movie deluxe figures today I noticed a brawl that only had half of his barrel. It was right in the center of his main cannon. My first thought was that the figure just fell apart during shipping, but after inspecting it closer I was unable to locate the seperated piece. I checked the other Brawls we had and they were all normal. So I'm curious if this is fairly common variant, or just a rare factory mistake? I'm seriously thinking about going back for it because his "snub-nose" barrel is actually kind of cool, plus the arms on the one I have now don't lock in place properly and completely ruins the fun of the toy.
    Total error. Which Brawl, the big $40 one or the $10 one? The $10 one's barrel comes off very easily and there's enough space to hide it in the bubble, or even on a factory floor, but the larger one is wired on there so it'd be a biggie. Errors don't seem to get a lot of TransFan attention the way they do with SW collectors, I guess because it's more of a hindrance to the toy with that line.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewilw View Post
    Unpacked 3 full cases of movie deluxes today with no allspark power figures to be found. I'm really looking forward to that landmine. Absolutely cannot wait for incinerator though.
    Only in Australia so far, from what I've heard. I think we're going to get stuck with a formerly-unseen repaint wave under Allspark Power before we get the 2 new figures in the subline, stupid Hasbro.

Check it out, someone made a life-sized TF:Alternator, on this Japanese page (translated).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That sucks that Citroen is doing what Chevy is not.

In my Transformers DVD cover (the greatest movie ever made by Michael Bay) there is an order form and contest entry info to win a 2008 concept Camaro in BumbleBee's paint scheme.

However, the disclaimer in the fine print says that the car will not drive by itself, talk, or transform into an 18 foot tall robot. Well why not?

If Chevy is going to import cars from Cybertron, they might as well offer us the good stuff. The disclaimer also says that the car they're offering with the DVD is not actually from Cybertron.

I was pretty disappointed.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

You'll notice that a realistic Alternator is not 18 feet tall, more like 12' - I thought Bay's edict of "bigger giant robots!!!" was really stupid, and this is proof.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

Total error. Which Brawl, the big $40 one or the $10 one? The $10 one's barrel comes off very easily and there's enough space to hide it in the bubble, or even on a factory floor, but the larger one is wired on there so it'd be a biggie. Errors don't seem to get a lot of TransFan attention the way they do with SW collectors, I guess because it's more of a hindrance to the toy with that line.

Only in Australia so far, from what I've heard. I think we're going to get stuck with a formerly-unseen repaint wave under Allspark Power before we get the 2 new figures in the subline, stupid Hasbro.
    It's the deluxe version. But about allspark power, it seems a little odd to me that it would hit Australia before the US so I'm expecting it any day now. I can think of very few instances in recent years where something has shown up on toy news sites (tfw2005,tformers) as being released before I had actually seen it in a store. At least I can be hopeful.
    E-mail me for details.

AU is closer to Japan and has less distribution slowages than we do in the US, so about 1 out of every 5 waves seems to show up there first.

TFW just reported that Bumblebee just took down the Wii for most searched for item on Yahoo Shopping for Black Friday weekend. So, I guess the question now is, will Ultimate Bumblebee be the "must have" item for Christmas or will it be one of the smaller versions?