Page 255 of 585 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 5843
    Maybe because that's due to people knowing the Wii is pretty much "buy it if you're lucky enough to see it."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It does look like the UltimaBees are selling out at the Targets near me, but I'm not ready to concede that it doesn't suck and has a chance of selling well. My guess is the searches were looking for ANY toy since that's what the little rugrats asked for.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    My guess is the searches were looking for ANY toy since that's what the little rugrats asked for.
    I would also guess that's correct. Parents are probably unaware there's a $10 BumbleBee as it's almost never on the pegs.

Furthermore, the Fast Action Battler BumbleBee isn't around either.

So there's ONLY the $90 alternative.

That's actually working out pretty well for Hasbro I'd bet.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Every year, there's a list of "hot toys," which I suspect is funded by the toy companies. Parents who want to impress their kids, but don't actually pay enough attention to them to know what they want, will buy whatever is on that list.

That's why Ultimate Bumblebee is selling, and that's why it surpassed the Wii on Yahoo! searches. It's the same scam that sold a bazillion of those Millennium Falcon abortions Transformers last year.

I would've cried if I'd opened a box from Santa and found one of those turds under the wrapping paper.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

So you're saying a list of True Hot Toys doesn't really exist?

Next, you'll be saying that Santa Claus isn't real either, right?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

No, I'm saying that, every year, kids want something. I'm just not so sure that the toys on the list are necessarily the same thing.

What good is an Ultimate Bumblebee, given that there is no other movie Transformer figure in the same scale?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I agree with you. NavTek will be along here in a short while to defend BumbleBee though.

He brought him over to my place and was quite taken with him, wanting to demostrate all his features.

It's cute, I'll give it that. But so is CyberStompin' Optimus Prime for like 1/4 the cost (and it's Peter Cullen's voice. [Peter Cullen is even cooler than Michael Bay])

What other character would you make in that scale to go with him? Barricade came to mind first. A Decepticon would be preferrable, as Transformers is about a war, so BumbleBee needs an enemy as he has us as his friends already.

But I'd rather spend that kind of cash, or a little less, on a Leader Class or Ultra Class Blackout, Starscream, Megatron, or Bonecrusher - hopefully several of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I agree with you. NavTek will be along here in a short while to defend BumbleBee though.

He brought him over to my place and was quite taken with him, wanting to demostrate all his features.

It's cute, I'll give it that. But so is CyberStompin' Optimus Prime for like 1/4 the cost (and it's Peter Cullen's voice. [Peter Cullen is even cooler than Michael Bay])
    Words, words, words, cute, cyberstomper, words, words, words. I'm sorry did Tycho say something?

It's a pretty cool toy, just a little overpriced. To the Grey Poupon crowd of toy buyers here on the boards, it may not be that high a priority but Hasbro will still sell a buttload of those things.

More cuteness. Haha.

Well, I'd buy it, but as one of my last priorities - and maybe at a clearance sale. I did like seeing your BumbleBee figure though.

In the last couple of days, I've picked up wave 2 of the Movie Robot Heroes as well as received MP Screamer in the mail from our very own Tycho.

He is rather lightweight but I don't fear it breaking. I do fear losing the articulated fingers, however. Otherwise, this is a great addition to my collection!

It looks like Hasbro will be doing more metallic repaints with their Premium Series. premium series repaints