Page 256 of 581 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 5801
    Christ, I can't even transform my MP Starscream into a jet. I suck at transforming.

A collecting buddy(actually, the only one I have), is going to give me a classics Ramjet(he owes me). Ironically, I found one of these at a Walmart just like a month ago, thought it looked great, but left it because I don't do Transformers. But now that I have Starscream, I kind of want to buy the jet Transformers with the original 1980s colors. I'm totally uninterested in the rest.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Good luck with your MP Starscream Luuuuuke. Please be very careful as I think he's pretty fragile. So Luuuuuke, DON"T use The Force.

It took me 1 hr to transform mine, and there's no shame in that. I got the Takara gun-metal gray version of him and payed a premium for it to come to me from Japan. But it is the same thing that you guys have in the Classic colors.

I just know that stress marks in the plastic from moving his parts would be harder to see on the lighter colored pieces of the American version.

Oh, and once you're hooked - there's no escape. If you can get the 20th Anniversary / Masterpiece 01 or 04 Optimus Prime (04 has the trailer), it was rated Toy Fare Magazine's Best Toy Ever in their Top 100! I'd have to agree because when you transform him, you get 2 toys (a robot and a truck obviously) but he has more metal parts and is very sturdy in his contstruction and quite durable (read: quality!)

No one here is going to argue that Prime isn't worth it. Sorry, but I have a lot of toys, mostly Star Wars, but Optimus Prime does literally top the list. I am totally greatful to our own ElChuxter for getting that thing to me (I passed on the original release when I saw it in stores and then regretted it). Chuxter got me the figure when the original, more realistically painted (and possibly more metallic) figure was still shipping during the very end of his first release. Still the best toy purchase I ever made. Thanks Chux!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Oh, and once you're hooked - there's no escape. If you can get the 20th Anniversary / Masterpiece 01 or 04 Optimus Prime (04 has the trailer), it was rated Toy Fare Magazine's Best Toy Ever in their Top 100! I'd have to agree because when you transform him, you get 2 toys (a robot and a truck obviously) but he has more metal parts and is very sturdy in his contstruction and quite durable (read: quality!)
    I have to agree with Tycho... mostly

MP Prime is a GREAT toy. Whether the Takara or the Hasbro re-release, he is really well done. (BTW Tycho, I finally caved and got one from HTS the other day because of all the sale prices they have been having.)

Masterpieces are addictive. After getting MP SS (Hasbro) I am powerless to resist the rest of them. I'll probably add Megs to my case when he is reissued. In theory, I hope to buy less product overall because of the higher standard. (Yeah, not likely but that's how I sold it to myself )

One point of order though. MP Prime was selected the #1 toy of the last ten years. Toyfare was celebrating their 10 year anniversary so that was the significance.

I think the thing to fear about MP Starscream is not this supposed "fragility" but the fact that the fingers come off so easily. I lose figure accessories all the time so I've been taking extra care during that part of the transformation process that involves the hands.

I've been noticing a lot of kids ripping open Movie TF packages right after their parents have paid for them at Target. It seems like for better or worse, these movie toys are their G1.

I haven't had the fingers on my SS come off yet, but I am worried their tiny ball-joints are too thin and will break eventually, that design is ridiculous - what were they thinking?!?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It looks like we'll be getting Onslaught in the Classics Universe line photo of Onslaught

Might we be getting the rest of the Combaticons as well?

That picture makes the figure look a little cheap, maybe I'm reading too much into it but it doesn't have the higher standards I was expecting from Classics II - especially since it's coming off the heels of the movie line with its higher sculpting qualities. In any event, I don't see that being the hub of a combiner, but they could surprise us.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Found those movie scene packs yesterday at a local walmart. I was waiting for the final stand set to get a more movie-accurate repaint of longarm but I had to pass when I saw it in person. The Mikeala figure is actually in the longarm's drivers seat but the figure only exists from about the bust up. I'm sure I could remove it, but I wasn't too keen on that half-bumblebee either. I think I'm just going to get a normal deluxe longarm now.
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

New wave of deluxes available at hts.

Camshaft:
    http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Product...R=416&ID=20596

Landmine:
    http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Product...R=502&ID=20593

Cliffjumper (still coming soon but that might be sooner rather than later)
    http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Product...&pn=ps_results
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

Ah! Finally got a MP Starscream. Saw him on Wal-Mart.com and they are shipping him to my nearby store. SOON!!