Page 260 of 566 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 5657
    These look really good and are quite tempting!

Powerglide was the first one I really got excited about.

But all of them are cool and interesting.

I didn't collect Classics last time around, but I think these look like they'll definitely be even better.

The first time, Starscream and Rodimus were probably the top toys with less competition from an awkward BumbleBee etc.

This time, all of them look darn good! It remains to be seen if Hasbro will paint these well - or be stupid and use neon colors and make "Octane" (Tanker) purple or something retarded like that.

No one's said anything about there possibly being a Transformers theme park ride at a major attraction like Disneyland. Should I copy the article from the movie thread over here? I think it's an incredible landmark for Transformers fandom to have something as big as like what the Indiana Jones ride has become at Disneyland, but to have life-size animatronic Transformers transforming, is just incredible!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I saw people complaining about Powerglide at tfw2005.com earlier. Now, seeing the picture, I have to assume they were smoking crack. If it were legal, I would marry that figure.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS!

Those are all fantastic, even if Powerglide has a weird chest, the rest of him looks killer. I like how they actually have Octankor in a cool pose, rather unusual for pics from Hasbro. It's likely he will have some purple.. since the original did. The year of TFU indeed.

Looking at Onslaught, he still doesn't seem like a combiner, which is dissapointing. He's still awesome though.

I got 2 more Incinerators today, both the US version, and the only word I can add to what I said about the Japanese version is "meh"

About the Transformers ride. I wouldn't expect anything to actually transform. Probably something more along the lines of the full-size bumblebee that they built for the movie out of fiberglass that jiggles and shakes more than it actually moves.
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

I wonder if the theme park attendees will ride in Ironhide (he's the biggest, as you could put ride seats in the back of his pickup and not have it too corny.)

Putting seats on the back of Optimus Prime would look weird. BumbleBee is too small. Ratchet's possible, but there will be new characters, too.

I see Ironhide being the crowd transport though. Nice ad swing for GMC Truck, too.

But if you've ever been on Indiana Jones' ride, you climb into a safari Jeep-like Humvee thing - I don't think it's modeled after a real vehicle - but pretty close.

With Transformers and their sponsors, it will be a GM vehicle. And like I said, I think Ironhide works for this.

One thing the article said was that Hasbro / Paramount / MICHAEL BAY were denying certain characters be used as they will not survive all 3 films.

So BoneCrusher, Blackout, Frenzy, Brawl, or Jazz won't be on the ride, and Barricade's fate is unknown.

It'd be hard to picture Prime, BumbleBee, Megatron, or Starscream not making it to the ride though - even if one or almost all are killed by the end of the 3rd movie (terrible flashbacks from 1986 just crossed my mind as park visitors board Rodimus Prime and he says, "Which way do we go? Which way do we go?")

It's too bad that Blackout couldn't be used for ride attendees though. Universal Studios used to have this E.T. ride that made you feel like you were flying. It was fun going through a tour of the E.T. adventure that way. Blackout could be constructed to seat a good group for a ride-tour. You could go on the ride twice, too - as an Autobot and then a Decepticon!

Anyway, this thing won't open until 2010 or 2011, but you can be sure that if I'm still around I'll be going no matter where it is!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

That's one super solid lineup for Classics!!! Looks like I'll be buying them all and it looks like most of my TF money will be spent during the latter half of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    The first time, Starscream and Rodimus were probably the top toys with less competition from an awkward BumbleBee etc.
    Starscream was a letdown while Bumblebee was quite snazzy.

This time, all of them look darn good! It remains to be seen if Hasbro will paint these well - or be stupid and use neon colors and make "Octane" (Tanker) purple or something retarded like that.
    Well, Onslaught's police blue paint doesn't really work for me, but the coloring on this line has been very much about "realism" and they mention that on the Powerglide comment.

No one's said anything about there possibly being a Transformers theme park ride at a major attraction like Disneyland. Should I copy the article from the movie thread over here? I think it's an incredible landmark for Transformers fandom to have something as big as like what the Indiana Jones ride has become at Disneyland, but to have life-size animatronic Transformers transforming, is just incredible!
    Because it likely won't happen, and if it does it'll suck.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I saw people complaining about Powerglide at tfw2005.com earlier. Now, seeing the picture, I have to assume they were smoking crack. If it were legal, I would marry that figure.
    TF fans complaining? Noooo, you must be mistaken. Yeah, that prototype is ultra-hotness, anybody who hates on that must have self-loathing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Those are all fantastic, even if Powerglide has a weird chest, the rest of him looks killer.
    I think his chest looks cool, powerful and Gundam-like. But I like that Gundam aesthetic (though not always with TF).

I like how they actually have Octankor in a cool pose, rather unusual for pics from Hasbro. It's likely he will have some purple.. since the original did. The year of TFU indeed.
    "Octankor", awesome. Yeah, that pose was wicked, immediately caught my eye and said "wowee!!!"

Looking at Onslaught, he still doesn't seem like a combiner, which is dissapointing. He's still awesome though.
    Yeah, I don't think he's a combiner either and that's too bad. But I do dig what they did with the figure itself.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    That's one super solid lineup for Classics!!! Looks like I'll be buying them all and it looks like most of my TF money will be spent during the latter half of the year.
    Totally the same for me!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I finally spotted EVAC and Cliffjumper today and passed on both. The BB design just doesn't work in red unlike other incarnations of BB and CJ.

I'm looking at pics of Animated Starscream as we speak and wishing Hasbro weren't focusing so much on Allspark repaints right now. I'm not even sure about picking up Incinerator at this point. Salvage looks kind of okay but we'll see about that.

What is it about Hasbro? Transformers is taking spring and early summer off, while Star Wars is taking late spring and all of summer off.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

"It's the economy, stupid."

But seriously, I won't miss having more Star Wars to hunt down with rising costs of gas and like 8 or more Queensryche concerts I want to go to, let alone this thing where you fly in World War II fighter planes in simulated combat (since I already did pirate ships the other weekend).

Meanwhile, I'd like to discuss (AGAIN) movie Ironhide's action figure (Voyager Class).

Do you guys like him?

What do you consider a shell-master? Are any of the movie AUTOBOTS shellmasters?

Would it have been cooler if they could have somehow made Ironhide's flatbed open versus covered?

Do you think it's weak that he has a hollow chest and Hasbro just added that thin bar that folds out at 90 degrees to his chest to try and "fill him out?"

Don't you think the original's face could have been painted better so you can see his eyes?

Do you think that Hasbro "underpainted Ironhide," just so they could re-sell the same figure to everyone AGAIN with an upgraded paint job? Was it a planned conspiracy?