Page 267 of 591 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 5908
    But if Hasbro still had a trademark....

This **** is confusing.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Wouldn't you know it, the day after I find Incinerator at TRU, they have a Sunday ad with all Voyagers for $16.99. I hope TRU does price adjustments.

JT, you asked for my thoughts on this latest acquistion so here they are. I like the alt mode but do wish there wasn't so much ratcheting with the rotors as that really takes away from the fun factor of the trigger that spins the rotors.

As you stated, transformation to bot mode is really, really simplistic. Unfortunately the fixed tail restricts the poseability of the bot. Chalk that one up to the trigger mechanism for the rotors. The clear light piping is also rather strange for a Decepticon.

Overall, it's not a bad figure but could have been much, much better. I'd probably give it something in the B/B- range.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Everybody seems to agree that it looks like Hasbro lost the Slag name due to lack of use, but I don't think there's been any confirmation.
    Or they simply gave up on using it when they realized it was British slang for a prostitute.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    But if Hasbro still had a trademark....

This **** is confusing.
    As I understand it, if it's not a registered trademark, which it probably wasn't back in the day because that was expensive and seemed pointless at the time, then the trademark goes to whomever can prove they're using it at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Wouldn't you know it, the day after I find Incinerator at TRU, they have a Sunday ad with all Voyagers for $16.99. I hope TRU does price adjustments.
    They don't. I'm in the same boat.

JT, you asked for my thoughts on this latest acquistion so here they are. I like the alt mode but do wish there wasn't so much ratcheting with the rotors as that really takes away from the fun factor of the trigger that spins the rotors.
    Totally agree, no free-spinning, no cool!

As you stated, transformation to bot mode is really, really simplistic. Unfortunately the fixed tail restricts the poseability of the bot. Chalk that one up to the trigger mechanism for the rotors. The clear light piping is also rather strange for a Decepticon.

Overall, it's not a bad figure but could have been much, much better. I'd probably give it something in the B/B- range.
    Looks like we're on the same page on this, unlike a lot of fans who have been going ape over this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Or they simply gave up on using it when they realized it was British slang for a prostitute.
    Actually, it's not a prostitute, it's a slut, and I kinda doubt they'd drop it over that. "Slag" was a regular word before it was a slang term.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I knew I loved Slag for a reason!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Found a lone Incinerator at TRU Los Feliz tonight.

All in all, it's an ok figure but not the robo-god folks have been making him out to be.
    I'm going to assume I've been lumped in with this bunch considering my affinity for that figure. I'll be the first to admit any and all shortcomings for Incinerator. But what I will say is that my glowing praises stem form the japanese black version which has a far better paint job and much tighter joints (the "knee" pieces lock into place and don't move when in robot mode.)
    I'll also say that while I do enjoy transformers very much, I mostly buy them for the alt. modes. I'm a very big vehicle person, so I buy transformers mostly based on how cool of a vehicle they are and it's playability. The robot modes are just a plus for me. Out of everything wrong with incinerator there are really only two things I would love for it to to have: 1. free spinning rotors (I'm fixing this one myself by trying to make the props electronic) and 2. an opening cargo bay. As a transformer, he's decent; but as a V-22 Osprey toy, he's awesome.
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

I actually mean the TF community overall. Dave Van Domelen gave it incredibly high marks.

None of my major issues with this one are from the colors.

I am very alt-mode themed as well, though the robots matter to me almost as much. On Incinerator, it's weird but everybody including myself seems to not notice or just not care that the robot upper arms are total bot-mode kibble in vehicle mode, they're getting away with murder on that one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have Ironhide, Ratchet, Bumblebee, and Jazz in their movie robot modes on my desk right now. They're all posed "extreme" like they're fighting. They look really cool.

I plan to bring over Leader Class Optimus, but I like the way my display looks right now.

I was eventually going to transform them all into vehicle mode and store them, but I like admiring the action figures for the time being. They're good figures.

Anyway, if I ever tire of the Autobots, when I put them away, I'll bring over my limited Decepticons: Leader Class Brawl, Barricade and Frenzy, Scorponok. Very soon I hope to add the new repaint of Leader Class Megatron if it's any good. Hard to say. The nightwatch Optimus Prime is choking up the shelves in stores. It's not a very popular repaint, so it might be a while until new cases of LC ship. "Desert Camaouflage Brawl" seems to sell though. The stores are just always left with Prime.

I don't think he looks bad, but it's not the right colors for the character - that's why I don't want one either.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I actually mean the TF community overall. Dave Van Domelen gave it incredibly high marks.
    Wow - you just out-usenet-old-farted me by mentioning Dave. I haven't seen his name in about 14 years, which should be a huge hint that I haven't been a part of the TF community since then.

Honestly, I'd probably pick up Incinerator if it weren't for the contrast colors. Yeah, I get why they painted it that way, but they should really replace the colorblind designer.

I like the Target exclusives out now, haven't picked any up yet but might soon.

And for those of you who were holding out on Night Watch Prime, Target has their Leader Class figs on sale.