Page 281 of 565 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 5648
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    So the working title of the sequel is "Revenge of the Fallen"

And in other news, I'm still waiting on those HTS animated preorders. They're not due to ship for another 2 weeks but I'm hoping I might get them earlier.
    2 weeks? I saw everything animated at retail just a few days ago. I came very close to buying voyager starscream and deluxe lockdown, but the animated headsculpts just kill every ounce of enjoyment for me. Starscream is alot more purple than it looks online.
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewilw View Post
    2 weeks? I saw everything animated at retail just a few days ago. I came very close to buying voyager starscream and deluxe lockdown, but the animated headsculpts just kill every ounce of enjoyment for me. Starscream is alot more purple than it looks online.
    Yes, 2 weeks. Most of my Animated preorders aren't due to ship until 6/23.

Grimlock is shipping 8/28, so I guess he's not that much later than the rest.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Grimlock is shipping 8/28, so I guess he's not that much later than the rest.
    But many have already found Grimlock at WM's already! For some reason, they're getting in wave 1 and wave 3 of the Animated Voyagers.

Really? Was he shoehorned in at the last minute or something? I thought he was still one of the later confirmed waves.

(However, since many Joes I've seen in stores are shipping around the same time, it doesn't surprise me.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    But many have already found Grimlock at WM's already! For some reason, they're getting in wave 1 and wave 3 of the Animated Voyagers.
    I have not been lucky enough to see a grimlock yet, but I have seen all the other transformers animated stuff at my local walmart !

Saw a few figures from the animated line at Wal*Mart today, and I think that just seeing them in person managed to kill off what little interest in Transformers that I might still have.

Seriously... WTF? I mean... the cartoon doesn't get watched in my house, because even my kid can't stand the way the characters look in "toon" form, but the toys themselves are just idiotic.

And it strikes me as strange to be calling a line of figures "animated," when the source material has always been animated or illustrated. (Aside from that movie thing.)

This all looks like they let the people that design Happy Meal toys take over the franchise. A huge step away from what has always been cool about Transformers, and I have a hard time understanding what it is about this line that would interest adult collectors.

...unless that's the point. Either Hasbro is trying to shake the "collector" community off its back, or they think it's funny to watch us buy toys designed to (maybe) interest a 4 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    And it strikes me as strange to be calling a line of figures "animated," when the source material has always been animated or illustrated. (Aside from that movie thing.)
    If you think about it, though, it's not that different from Batman: The Animated Series or Superman: The Animated Series. Animated as opposed to what? There was no other Batman show around, and hadn't been a live-action one for about 25 years. IIRC, Superman first came out a couple of years after Lois & Clark was cancelled, too.

I think it's they know, with a previous iconic cartoon called Transformers, and a movie by just that name as well, they couldn't get away with calling a new show just Transformers.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Saw a few figures from the animated line at Wal*Mart today, and I think that just seeing them in person managed to kill off what little interest in Transformers that I might still have.

Seriously... WTF? I mean... the cartoon doesn't get watched in my house, because even my kid can't stand the way the characters look in "toon" form, but the toys themselves are just idiotic.
    I agree. As much as I want to like the animated stuff (despite having no interest in the show) I just can't. I think the last transformer I bought was incinerator and I'm not sure if there is anything left for the entire year that I will buy. Classics might draw some purchases from me, but I don't like the idea of Everything constantly taking steps backwards.
    I got my Xbox 360 for free, you can too here
    http://www.3604free.com/index.php?ref=4436719
    E-mail me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Really? Was he shoehorned in at the last minute or something? I thought he was still one of the later confirmed waves.

(However, since many Joes I've seen in stores are shipping around the same time, it doesn't surprise me.)
    Chux, it's not quite a shoehorning of Grimlock into the assortments. Grimlock and Lugnut which are both wave 3 are being shipped to WM's. I've read about this on RS and Tformers.com.