Page 283 of 595 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 5944
    I've been skimming the Animated line news and noticing a lot of QC problems and design failures (mostly due to strengthening issues), very shocked to hear how bad of a launch this has been for Hasbro considering how well the Movie line played out.

I plan on looking for Lockdown and likely getting Prowl, but I absolutely refuse to go out of my way for them, this line fails to capture my interest.

In other news, TF:Universe (aka Classics 2.0) have been spotted in Canada. Woooooooo!!!!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I've been skimming the Animated line news and noticing a lot of QC problems and design failures (mostly due to strengthening issues), very shocked to hear how bad of a launch this has been for Hasbro considering how well the Movie line played out.

I plan on looking for Lockdown and likely getting Prowl, but I absolutely refuse to go out of my way for them, this line fails to capture my interest.

In other news, TF:Universe (aka Classics 2.0) have been spotted in Canada. Woooooooo!!!!
    Must be that same new factory that's responsible for the sloppy Indy figures! I bet you anything that we revisit the same issues when Clone Wars/Legacy Collection hits!

JT, need I remind you that even the Movie line was not without QC problems...like your Deluxe Brawl for instance. And then more recently, the Premium BB, at least the one I got, seemed worse in quality (paint apps, strenghth of joints) than the BB I got last year.

I seriously want a Michael Bay action figure with a steady-cam accessory and director's chair. Then I'd pose him with my Transformers. A dedication to the man who made my dream of a live-action film with Autobots and Decepticons actually happen. And he cast Peter Cullen!!!

No. This post is not a joke. I'm not kidding. Bring on a Michael Bay action figure and I'd buy it. That'd be "awesome!"
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

I saw the Animated line the other day (funny, I've always thought that Transformers was an animated line) and most of them looked pretty cool; but I only bought Bulkhead because he's new and just so different from any Transformer I've seen before. He's actually a really well made figure and I don't seem to be having any QC issues at all. Easily the best TF purchase I've made in the last few years.

Unfortunately, I've only been able to find the cartoon playing at 5 AM on CN. I'm not sure how many kids get up that early during the summer, but wouldn't they want the series to run in the afternoons in order to get as much exposure as possible?

I did get up early this morning to check it out and found myself really enjoying the show (maybe it was the sleep deprivation); but it seems to be more along the lines of Teen Titans than Transformers. I don't think I saw a single Decepticon in two episodes aside from a floating Megatron head.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Takara finally officially announced the next MP as Thundercracker, yay for another repaint. Granted, I knew he was coming but I hoped Grimlock would come first.

Any pictures of Thundercracker yet? I don't think I'm down for this one. I bought the more realistically colored Takara MP Starscream and MP Skywarp.
    (The former appears the color of fighter-jet steel to me and I don't see green as naysayers claim to).

If a fighter jet was going to be blue, I'd have liked the signature decale work of the Blue Angels squadron or something - though I doubt they'd grant approval for their trademark being used as an "evil Decepticon."

It's time for an F-18 or F-22 Masterpiece. Of course I love Warthogs (still haven't been able to return my boxed Wingblade yet - and he's ridden with me to Toys R Us twice already - though my receipt is good for returns until mid-July I believe).

So I'm just waiting for Classics 2 Powerglide and then I'll assess his size and details when I find him.

Powerglide is another good character for a MP.

They're done with uses for the Optimus Prime mold. Ultra Magnus was never done justice by that anyway.

Megatron is likely a very singular-use production (you'd hope so, as I don't want it being brought out in purple and called Shockwave).

The Seekers are naturally being done from the Starscream mold - that's expected.

Perhaps it will up the profit margin enough to make a new mold affordable in the MP business plan? Then maybe Grimlock will appear.

If they touch any movie character - c'mon, you know a MP Blackout would be awesome! (as would a long-nose Prime)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I would never buy a MP Bayformer. Ugh.

I found Animated Voyager Prime today. The auto-transform gimmick on mine doesn't really work, but other than that he's great.

Transformation videos of TF:Universe Powerglide -
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/bH4R4a55JHw/

and TF:U Onslaught -
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/daAMVQ-UdBQ/

Powerglide has "the sound" and looks like a really wild one.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Must be that same new factory that's responsible for the sloppy Indy figures! I bet you anything that we revisit the same issues when Clone Wars/Legacy Collection hits!
    No, I don't think that's the case, they went with that new factory because their other factories were at capacity, they were making all the lines they currently had, and that includes TF. Plus, I doubt Takaratomy would jump that quick into some new factory if it was this bad.

JT, need I remind you that even the Movie line was not without QC problems...like your Deluxe Brawl for instance. And then more recently, the Premium BB, at least the one I got, seemed worse in quality (paint apps, strenghth of joints) than the BB I got last year.
    Dlx Brawl is an isolated situation, the gearing made from bad materials was stupid, but it wasn't a sign of a problems across the line, and it wasn't due to redesign failures.

As for paint, that's always been wonky. And loose joints can be due to mold release oil or a thrice-reused mold needing some updating, which cannot be said of TF:A figs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Unfortunately, I've only been able to find the cartoon playing at 5 AM on CN. I'm not sure how many kids get up that early during the summer, but wouldn't they want the series to run in the afternoons in order to get as much exposure as possible?
    They buried the last TF cartoon as well, I don't know why they are still allowed to put on new-run projects like this when they treat them so badly.

I did get up early this morning to check it out and found myself really enjoying the show (maybe it was the sleep deprivation); but it seems to be more along the lines of Teen Titans than Transformers. I don't think I saw a single Decepticon in two episodes aside from a floating Megatron head.
    I didn't like the Teen Titans and this definitely is more than than TF.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I would never buy a MP Bayformer. Ugh.

I found Animated Voyager Prime today. The auto-transform gimmick on mine doesn't really work, but other than that he's great.
    Ah! Something else I need to hunt for. I emailed HTS to cancel some of my preordered TF's and apparently they cancelled my Bumblebee even though I didn't specify that one to be cancelled. At least Grimlock is supposed to be shipped out 6/17 so I should be getting him soon.

I'm pondering Powerglide as we speak. My video tends to load slower on Verizon broadband than it used to on DSL.

But I really need to be using broadband now.

Anyway, my boxed Wingblade is next to the computer and from appearances, I think I like his robot mode better than Powerglide's. Not sure yet.

Powerglide has real hands, though. That's a plus!

Hmm. The video loaded. He has a lot of robot bulk on his underside and (at least the guy transforming him) didn't close it up all flush and tight (like say, how a MP would work). His decaling / colors are not really too much like an authentic jet, either.

I might prefer Wingblade. I will still have to see Powerglide in person.

I don't need my Autobots to REALLY start to outnumber my Decepticons. It'll get ridiculous. Thus I don't need both.